execuse me, just need to blow of some steam

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColaFree

Reaction score
Apparently my mum and dad had been to my therapist yesterday to talk about me. That's fine in itself as my therapist had already forewarned me, and we agreed upon what the three of them were gonna talk about and such.

I've been seeing this therapist for over a year and feel like we have built up a certain level of trust between each other, and therefore tell her many things that I wouldn't tell her otherwise. As I'm over 16 she can't tell anything to my parents without my approval, so when she asked if she could mention the fact that I use drugs to them I said no.

Today I got a phone call from my mum. She says hi, asks how I'm doing, the usual stuff, then she says that her and my dad went to see my therapist the other day. I already knew that so, that's what I say, but then my mum cut's me short and says: I'm really worried about you! The lady we went to see yesterday told me and your dad that you have been "experimenting with drugs"... Is this true?

I'm shocked and stunned! I answer "kinda", and say that I've only been drinking and that's all. My mum believes me, and then she goes on ranting about my dad, which is to be expected.

I'm barely listening. I'm so shocked and angry! WHY THE fresia DID MY THERAPIST TELL THEM ABOUT THAT? I told her NOT to do it and she said ok! I feel betrayed! And to tell that to my mum! She has enough worries! She doesn't have to worry about me!! OHH FUUCK, I'm gonna quit therapy and tell that stupid ***** what I think about her.

Sorry for this random rage thing but I had to let it out

Welcome to the real world. If you're still technically a dependent under your parents, (even if you're living alone or away from them) then the therapist is GOING to tell them stuff like that...even if the law says that they can't. That's just how therapists are trained.

I think they're just nosy busybodies. Either way, you probably should have expected this the moment that you heard your parents were going to talk to the therapist. It's horrible to have to keep secrets even from the one person that you think you can trust, but ultimately...that therapist is still just a human being...and she obviously thought that what she did would help you.

Don't apologize for ranting! That's what the site is here for! :)

----Steve

Yhea I suppose youre right. I know she only wants me well, but still she broke a promise, and therefore she lost my trust.
But, really: thanks for the comment! I didn't really think of it that way, and I'm not as angry any more:)

Seriously, that sucks!! You should call her and give her a piece of your mind.

Yhea I was going to do that right after I found out, but my phone was empty (you know, out of calling minutes or whatever it's called in english:p). I'll just wait until our next meting and tell her about it then.

lol out of credits? :p It would be better if you give her a visit

lol All the best:p Give it your best shot :p (eh... Should I really be this encouraging? lol)

Lol "give it you best shot"? Are you trying to convince me to shoot her, by using subliminal messages? Well I'd always planned to bring my bat, but sure why not a gun?:p just kidding, just kidding. I'm just gonna yell at her a bit that's all;)

ColaFree said:
Lol "give it you best shot"? Are you trying to convince me to shoot her, by using subliminal messages? Well I'd always planned to bring my bat, but sure why not a gun?:p just kidding, just kidding. I'm just gonna yell at her a bit that's all;)

hahahaha

Latest posts

Back