Far Cry 3 First Impressions?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tylor

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just started playing Far Cry 3 and was pleasantly surprised right form the on set of the game. I found the intro to be very engaging and after a few hours of game-play I'm stoked to see where this game heads! First impression for Far Cry 3 what did you think? Good? Bad? Comme ci comme ca?

The game engine is terrific. The character MoCaps are amazing. Game physics are dead-on. The game is very playable however some of the stuff in the game, especially toward the end leads a bad taste in my mouth. "Disturbing Themes and Images" for sure. I was SO hoping it would pick up where FC1 left off where we see Jack Carver open the CIA file on "Project: Far Cry". FC2 has nothing to do with FC1 and FC3 has nothing to do with either.

My humble two cents. -SY

I'm enjoying it.

I think I'll be spending much more than the 20+ hours that everyone says it takes to finish the game. I can see myself easily topping 40 or 50 hours.

I'd highly recommend going after the loot chests and relics before trying to complete major objectives. This will enable you to buff your character and bag some better gear. I would leapfrog outpost/radio tower/outpost and so on. Luv my suppressed sniper rifle! :) Also participate in all of the weapon and racing challenges. This will keep you busy for a long-long time. -SY

Yeah just beat it couple weeks ago! Loved it but noticed some content was pretty grapic at times. Agreed about suppressed rifle, friggin awesome gun! Take em all out in the night in total silence lol Also big fan of the bow and kill chains (though I could never figure out how to use an enemy's handgun). Also died and went to heaven when *minor spoiler alert* I got the base jumping suit! :D

I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't the biggest fan of Far Cry 2, but they really upped the bar with the new installment, even though it's hardly related to the others (if at all). Great acting and some rather good writing as well thus far. I'm definitely impressed.

A friend has recommended this game to me. He said it is like GTA, only better.

Yes..when i first started it was the best game ive ever played...but when i finished it...it kinda sucked...you cant muliplayer with your friends and just explore the island with them...the enemies dont respawn again...and the aweosme ship goes away after the game completion....and WORST OF ALL IS THE STUPID ENDINGS...HOW GAY WAS THAT...terrible endings...really hated it...i like happy endings :) haha

Latest posts

Back