Fat girls can't be princesses.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pheenix said:
In my head, you can allow yourself to feel lots of things. Just not pretty.
I can't allow myself to feel burly either, I'm a slim guy.

So were some of the greatest duelists and swordsmen. I like my frame like that.

Mmmmm...
If my last post sounded offensive, I was just trying to say that, in my opinion, you can't do that, because it devalues "prettiness". I mean, I want to say "sure you can!" but in the end, you would have nothing to strive for. If you said "I'm rich!" there would be no use in making more money. Pretty is only an attractive quality because it has a counterpoint.

Pheenix said:
Mmmmm...
If my last post sounded offensive, I was just trying to say that, in my opinion, you can't do that, because it devalues "prettiness". I mean, I want to say "sure you can!" but in the end, you would have nothing to strive for. If you said "I'm rich!" there would be no use in making more money. Pretty is only an attractive quality because it has a counterpoint.

Oh, definitely. And I wasn't offended, just showing pride in our body type :D

I am sorry, but the desire to be a princess at 18, seems like something a child would wish for. And, as far as weight issues go, if you put your whole self into it, you can change that. I lost 56 lbs. by going on a strict diet, not starving to death, but eating healthy. And, it doesn't have to cost a lot of money, or be boring. Smoothies are a treat, and that is what my lunch is. It costs about $15 for a personal blender. I put frozen strawberries and 1 banana in 100% orange or other combined fruit juices, eating Weight Watchers Oatmeal, Fat Free Yogurt, Apples, Carrot Sticks, cutting my dinner in 1/2 and making sure it includes at least one vegetable, and thawing out a small bowl of frozen assorted fruit for desert, is my new way of eating. Also, I don't go out of control and eat large portions or double portions of anything. I stay away from ALL sweets, fast food restaurants, and I "cheat" once every two weeks by having something I really miss, but don't go crazy with it. Is it a sacrifice? Sure is, but I rather eat that way and be thinner.

Looks don't matter. Where are looks when you're 80? I look around and see so many "beautiful people" tearing each other apart, making each other miserable, but sticking together because the other is "fit". I knew a girl who was with a lad. He was good looking. So was she. He cheated on her. She forgave him. He did it again. She still pines for him 4 months after the event. Any other lad who has tried with her, treated her well, tried to show not all lads are like that has been rejected. I got ignored, like I hadn't even asked the question.

You know what? So what? So, I'm not the most attractive of people. But I'm a good person. While I move on in the hope of finding someone new, she's still pining over this one, good looking lad who hurts her perpetually.

The same applies to you. It's your personality that matters. Nothing more. You can feel like a "princess" even if you are overweight. It's all about self esteem. Thing is, people here are giving you the typical thin person response. Lose weight. It's crap. Most don't know what it's like to be overweight, and the difficulty involved in losing weight. But should you go on to lose weight, and your self esteem is still low, you still won't view yourself as a princess. You'll still judge yourself harshly.

Work on your self esteem first because the outward appearance doesn't matter. When the looks are gone, all that's left is the person.

Pheenix said:
Mmmmm...

I am amazed at so many of the responses to NeverthePrincess's posts.

All you know about her is that she is fat, and so you say she can't call herself pretty?

That's fact to you, not fact to me.

The only woman to break my heart was a big, beautiful apple.

And Princess, there are a lot of people out there like me.

jean-vic said:
Looks don't matter. Where are looks when you're 80?

Why does anything matter? Where is our life going to be in a hundred years? Two hundred? Food for worms, or alternately, entwined in some spiritual concept distinct from any material concerns.

If we thought like that, then, why should we care for anything?

IgnoredOne said:
Food for worms, or alternately, entwined in some spiritual concept distinct from any material concerns.

OR...

...Longevity science may have matured a bit by then, allowing us to transplant our brains into robot bodies. Which means we CAN LIVE FOREEVVEERRRRRRR!!!

I'm holding out for that one, obviously.

Badjedidude said:
OR...

...Longevity science may have matured a bit by then, allowing us to transplant our brains into robot bodies. Which means we CAN LIVE FOREEVVEERRRRRRR!!!

I'm holding out for that one, obviously.

I shall invest into virus making to corrupt your personality cores that day. Be proactive, acquire aggressively.

IgnoredOne said:
I shall invest into virus making to corrupt your personality cores that day. Be proactive, acquire aggressively.

TRY IT, ************. :cool:

atlas.jpg

Badjedidude said:
TRY IT, ************. :cool:

atlas.jpg

I advance my Argument.

185552.jpg

We are Clan Wolf, children of Kerensky. We carry the Honor of his name on our shoulders, as our fathers did in the foward...

the truth is , not being overweight does have both social and health advantages , in general.

IgnoredOne said:
Why does anything matter? Where is our life going to be in a hundred years? Two hundred? Food for worms, or alternately, entwined in some spiritual concept distinct from any material concerns.

If we thought like that, then, why should we care for anything?

So, your argument is that because life matters and we need to see it as mattering and people matter and we need to see them as mattering, looks must matter otherwise we wouldn't care for anything because not caring about looks automatically means that we don't care about people/life?

Life is a transient thing. Life is something we have for 70+ years if we're lucky. A person's life is defined and remembered by who they are and what they do. Not what they look like. I'm yet to see a gravestone say: "Loving Father, Devoted Husband, Philanthropist and Humanitarian. Shame he was an ugly *******!" Looks don't matter because appearance does not make a person.

Anyone who believes looks do matter... well, I feel very sorry for them and the very small horizon they view.

jean-vic said:
So, your argument is that because life matters and we need to see it as mattering and people matter and we need to see them as mattering, looks must matter otherwise we wouldn't care for anything because not caring about looks automatically means that we don't care about people/life?

No. The point is that the present matters and that argument is hollow; and if looks impact your present, then it matters. I'm not here to argue about the instrinsic quality of truth, beauty and life; what my point is simply that what matters to your immediate present is of immediate and paramount importance.

jean-vic said:
Life is a transient thing. Life is something we have for 70+ years if we're lucky. A person's life is defined and remembered by who they are and what they do. Not what they look like. I'm yet to see a gravestone say: "Loving Father, Devoted Husband, Philanthropist and Humanitarian. Shame he was an ugly *******!" Looks don't matter because appearance does not make a person.

de mortuis nil nisi bonum

IgnoredOne said:
jean-vic said:

No. The point is that the present matters and that argument is hollow; and if looks impact your present, then it matters. I'm not here to argue about the instrinsic quality of truth, beauty and life; what my point is simply that what matters to your immediate present is of immediate and paramount importance.

jean-vic said:

de mortuis nil nisi bonum

I am sorry you think the way you do. I don't agree, but I'll defend your right to say it.

CrazieCute said:
Pheenix said:
Mmmmm...

I am amazed at so many of the responses to NeverthePrincess's posts.

All you know about her is that she is fat, and so you say she can't call herself pretty?

That's fact to you, not fact to me.

The only woman to break my heart was a big, beautiful apple.

And Princess, there are a lot of people out there like me.

If you want to make me change my mind, could you please respond to the actual argument I was making? The one I highlighted after IgnoredOne's intermission.

Latest posts

Back