Female attraction to beards and tattoos

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
Littlesecret said:
I love beards and tattoos as long as they're attracted to a lovely, funny and interesting guy!

You mean, attached to? Lol. Or could mean "..attracted to a lovely, funny and interesting girl!" cos that would work too since you're just that. :)

No, I like guys that find lovely, funny and interesting guys appealing, I also like it when they comment on my shoes and tell me the colour nightshade blue will always make my eyes pop!

Or could mean "..attracted to a lovely, funny and interesting girl!"

Euurghh how conceited would I have sounded if I wrote that! Haha

I did mean attached! :r:rolleyes2:

TheSkaFish said:
I can think of at least 5 times off the top of my head that she said something to the effect of wishing I was closer, or inviting me up to Canada outright. One time we even planned what we were going to do together on a visit.

No, no, no.

I dont know the statistics, but take it from someone who has been in that position - they will find someone closer. It WILL happen. The possibility of something working out over that kind of distance is nearly impossible.

She likely lost interest and moved on and the distance was likely a major factor in her decision.
"A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."

TheSkaFish said:
I don't think it's really understood how I feel. It's not like he's just someone I don't care for, someone I think is dumb. This is full-on hatred. At the same level that racists or gangs might feel towards each other. I thought I hated my childhood bullies, but this guy brings out an all-new level of pure rage. Sometimes the mere thought of this ****** is enough to make me want to break everything in sight. Sometimes I just sit and twitch with hostility. I just want this guy to burn.

You know what's funny? I don't even like that I feel this way. You said you think I'm a nice guy. And I try to be one. Before him I never even knew I was capable of hating a person this much. I feel rabid with it.

The only way for me to get this chip off my shoulder is if I beat him at something, somehow.

And her, I want her to either come back and never speak of this again so we can forget it, or, I want to become great so she knows she bet on the wrong horse. Either one would be fine.

Yeah, you hate someone for having what you want. Children do that all the time. I think you do enjoy being that way. Disliking someone for really no reason at all. Racism is pointless. People are going to be here whether a million racists like it or not. And racism is a lot more serious than a girl you like not reciprocating the feelings.

You seem to think it's all property that can be owned by you. It's not. She's not a piece of property that some dude outbid you on. She wasn't being sold on eBay. The fact that you think this is all a race to be bet on, and compare yourself to a horse... It just boggles my mind. It's not something for you to win or lose. This is a person you're constantly talking about like a trophy. I'd take these "badasses" over guys who think women are just prized trophies to place up on their shelf any day.

Badjedidude said:
Call me a cynic, but no girl is worth such a huge amount of effort.

Especially when they don't return the feelings. Not like they're both fighting to be with each other, and things are working against them as a couple.

TheSkaFish said:
See, I feel that she could have though.

But she didn't.

TheSkaFish said:
Yes, I was myself but at the same time, "myself" wasn't really any good.

That leads me to believe you just really don't like yourself. And instead of saying it's you she doesn't want, you're shifting this massive blaming session on a guy you just don't like. Even if you ended up with her somehow, she picked him first. There's nothing that can erase the fact that he was her first choice.

TheSkaFish said:
VanillaCreme said:
And racism is a lot more serious than a girl you like not reciprocating the feelings.

Yeah well, that goes to show you the depth of what I feel. I hate this ************ and I will hate him for the rest of my life.

Why do you hate HIM and not her? She is the one who rejected you.
This doesnt make much sense to me.

EveWasFramed said:

None of it does, and it never has and never will. Obsession does that to a person.

What worries me is that he says he doesn't hold any ill feelings for the girl and would accept her if she never spoke of it, but the level of obsession Ska has leads me to believe that this is not the case. Change your ways, dude, before you do something you'll regret. Or turn into a controlling abuser.

EveWasFramed said:
She likely lost interest and moved on and the distance was likely a major factor in her decision.

Here's 100% honesty for anyone who wants to take it or leave it. I met a guy through a social anxiety disorder forum about 2 years ago. I was on there out of complete boredom...I'd just had another bad date and was getting discouraged and just wanted to interact with another person, preferably a man because I needed the attention.

I met a guy named Sam, he was super sweet, not really my type, but I could really talk to him ("talk" meaning text on the computer screen). We lived two countries apart and after a week or so, we were really opening up to each other. I felt close to him, enough to have deep conversations about any topic. We called each other cute and said we wished we were closer.

Then I met someone in real life and started to date him for a while, of course Sam was put on the back burner because there really was no possibility of us being together. It was convenient and kept me busy while I found someone with whom I might have a real possibility of being with. I know that sounds bad, but trust me, LOTS of people get involved with online friendships for that particular reason. And when it doesn't work out we feel rejected and devastated, even though logically there was no real chance to begin with.

Sam wrote to me about a year ago and said he really thought about moving to my city and wanted to know if I might want to meet up. I told him I was already in a relationship and he sent me a sad email about how I led him on.

Maybe I did, I don't think I did...it's just all talk until you actually meet the person. That's what I mean about it being a fantasy. You get caught up in it and it gets exciting. You feel an attraction for the person that can't be real because you've never actually met them. It's a confusing thing and I was a victim to it. But thankfully I moved on quickly and found someone worth my time and my love.

TheSkaFish said:
VanillaCreme said:
And racism is a lot more serious than a girl you like not reciprocating the feelings.

Yeah well, that goes to show you the depth of what I feel. I hate this ************ and I will hate him for the rest of my life.

Maybe I don't truly understand the depth of it. Call me insane, but I don't hate people for absolutely no reason. I would love a Dodge Ram, but I don't hate everyone who has a Ram. That's exactly what you're doing. Disliking someone for having what you wish to have. And then you hate everyone else who acts or looks like him.

TheRealCallie said:
EveWasFramed said:

None of it does, and it never has and never will. Obsession does that to a person.

What worries me is that he says he doesn't hold any ill feelings for the girl and would accept her if she never spoke of it, but the level of obsession Ska has leads me to believe that this is not the case. Change your ways, dude, before you do something you'll regret. Or turn into a controlling abuser.

I was thinking the same exact things you ladies posted. This obsession is more over to him than her. A lot of the things I've been reading from Ska makes me think abusive and controlling. He probably doesn't realize it's that bad.

EveWasFramed said:

Reminds me of those talk shows that always show the girlfriends trying to attack and beat up the "mistresses" and taking out their anger on them instead of the guy who actually was the one who did all the damage. It doesn't make sense because, in these cases, the women refuse to accept that their men no longer are interested. They want to blame it on the "home wrecker" woman, continuing to idolize that the man was seduced or something like that. The denial is senseless I guess, born out of hurt of rejection.

EveWasFramed said:

Because we were getting along fine, and he just shows up with his tough-guy image and criminal bullshit. It was a stressful time in her life, she always had a rocky home life, some other big problems going on at the same time, and was basically kicked out. All at once. So I think that made a difference.

I love her for the way she was to me, though it's very strained, I remember what it was like. She acted caring and close for the longest time. She once asked me where I thought she should move to. But of course I wasn't prepared because of the beliefs I carried all my life. So I hadn't built myself up into an attractive person. That's my fault. If I'd only done that, things would've been different.

It was HER choice to go out with him. SHE made that choice. He didn't strong arm her into going out with him. She CHOSE him.

Your problems and issues are with yourself. Get over yourself, get a job, ANY job and move on with your life. Get a new hobby, keep yourself busy, stop obsessing, meet new people. You think you are far too entitled than you are.

TheSkaFish said:
I love her for the way she was to me, though it's very strained, I remember what it was like. She acted caring and close for the longest time.

Why is it all about you? She acted? She probably did care, but it's online. Many online things don't come across the same way in person. Many online things just don't work out.

EveWasFramed said:
TheSkaFish said:

I completely agree. She chose someone else. For me, that would be the end of it. If I was as angry as Ska lets on about this, she would become a quickly receding dot in my rear-view mirror. Then again, I don't get that angry. Certainly not if I'm rejected. It hurts, but I eventually move on to the next stage of my life.

I'm not sure why Ska is unable to let this go.

The thing is, everyone I meet sucks. They're never good-looking enough, and we barely have anything in common. And they just don't have the kind of personality that at least makes the things they like or talking to them even a little interesting. They're just bland. But I guess that's all I get so I might as well get used to it eh? That's all I'm ******* good enough for and ever will be, it seems.

On the bright side, no need to worry about me being a controlling abuser.....I'll either wind up alone or with no one important enough to me to even bother controlling. It sounds like too much work.

TheSkaFish said:
The thing is, everyone I meet sucks. They're never good-looking enough, and we barely have anything in common. And they just don't have the kind of personality that at least makes the things they like or talking to them even a little interesting. They're just bland. But I guess that's all I get so I might as well get used to it eh? That's all I'm ******* good enough for and ever will be, it seems.

You also don't give them a chance because you are so obsessed with that other girl that is gone. Seriously, you can't see it now, but you are comparing EVERYONE you meet or even think to meet with a girl that probably isn't what you have in your head now.

TheSkaFish said:
On the bright side, no need to worry about me being a controlling abuser.....I'll either wind up alone or with no one important enough to me to even bother controlling. It sounds like too much work.

You don't see anything wrong with this statement? Nothing at all? This statement is perfectly acceptable?
I'm not saying this to be a *****, I'm really not, but I recommend seeing a therapist. You have some issues that you need to get out and let go of and realize what you are saying. Please, go talk to someone.

To avoid high blood pressure issues, I had put Ska on my ignore list but the quotes man. This is borderline disturbing.

Ymir said:
To avoid high blood pressure issues, I had put Ska on my ignore list but the quotes man. This is borderline disturbing.

It's the thread that keeps on giving.

TheRealCallie said:
TheSkaFish said:

You also don't give them a chance because you are so obsessed with that other girl that is gone. Seriously, you can't see it now, but you are comparing EVERYONE you meet or even think to meet with a girl that probably isn't what you have in your head now.

Sooner or later, he'll realize that if he constantly compares other women to someone who didn't want him, that no one will want him. It just won't even be possible for anyone else to want him. He won't allow it.

TheRealCallie said:
TheSkaFish said:

You don't see anything wrong with this statement? Nothing at all? This statement is perfectly acceptable?
I'm not saying this to be a *****, I'm really not, but I recommend seeing a therapist. You have some issues that you need to get out and let go of and realize what you are saying. Please, go talk to someone.

I don't know whether to laugh or not, because it's a serious issue. "No one important enough to me to even bother controlling." Oh my goodness. That's an issue all on its own.

TheRealCallie said:
It's the thread that is completely derailed from the original purpose. :D

Well, it's got a hint. Somewhere. I know it. I just can't find it through all this cotton candy.

TheSkaFish said:
The thing is, everyone I meet sucks. They're never good-looking enough, and we barely have anything in common. And they just don't have the kind of personality that at least makes the things they like or talking to them even a little interesting. They're just bland.

Listen up. Listen CLOSELY.
I've ignored most of the crappy, condescending, egotistical and misogynistic comments you've slandered every female that you've ever met with, save ONE. Im tired of it and you WILL cease.
All these females "suck" and aren't "good-looking" enough?
Tell me, please, precisely WHO do you think you are?! How DARE you think that you are so deserving, above all others? Maybe it's not every woman you've met that is unattractive and bland - maybe they view YOU that way!
Climb down off your god **** high horse and act like a ******* decent human being instead of a self-entitled, selfish little boy.
I can't think that ANY female would choose to be with a person who exhibits the behavior you do and the general disregard for people you deem unworthy.
Your only goal in life seems to be to beat/destroy some guy you don't even know, over some chick you talked to on line in another country.

You are no better than the bulk of the rest of the population. You aren't "too good" to take what you consider a menial job and you aren't so awesome that someone isn't allowed to reject you.

Simply put, you are no more deserving than anyone else.

Latest posts

Back