fer all you gamers out there...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ekstra said:
I finished Metal gear solid 4. What a trip that was. I just feel so fulfilled, it was absolutely sublime, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game that much.

Grats! Check out Uncharted 1 and 2 when you could, they're a good ride as well. :D

I LOVED the first Uncharted, but I had to force myself to finish the second one. There were some good parts, especially in the beginning, but after a while it started feeling kinda uninspired and just... boring. Then again, everyone else seem to love it, so it's probably just me. :)

My gaming history -

- things like roller-coaster tycoon and mario carts
- after that loads and loads of rts's, mostly AoE and Empire Earth
- Runescape.. yay >.>
- GuildWars 1, 2 and 3 for 3 years straight
- an era where I played lots of rpg/shooters, i.e. Bioshock, Fallout and a whole lot I can't remember. I also did some EVE Online, that's a really, really good game but I don't want to pay for subscription
- right now, almost exclusively Wolfenstein: ET, have been playing it for maybe 2 years. I think it's my end point, I love it

I tend not to play many games nowadays because I used to use it to hide from the world. But nevertheless, I do relish in a good game of 'DoTA' and CSS. Contact me if you're interested!

Well, I always used to have a good passion for games. Online, I used played Ultima Online on/off for 5 years (still my most cherished online gaming memories), also played WoW, and Guild Wars.

Played many single / multiplayer (lan) games in my time, FPS's and RTS's mostly. However over the last few years I have strayed away from playing games, but I still manage to fit in some L4D 1/2 on the odd occasion.

Nowadays I mostly just look at new games to see how they did things and the features they implemented etc. Working in the graphics programming field has made me lose interest in actually playing them.

Favorite games of all time:
- Half-life 1 / 2
- Deus Ex 1
- Ultima Online
- Diablo 1 / 2
- Total War games (Rome, Medieval, Empire)

The list goes on... but those are the top.

Rome total war is one of my all time fav. it's just everything you could want. But lately it's been pure Call of Duty 4

well got a n64 for christmas when I was about 4 or five, and the ball has been rolling ever since;)
Today I own:
1 n64
1 ps1
1 ps2
1 ps3
1 xbox
1 xbox360

Ps: the only one of these console I didn't buy myself was the n64 that was a present. But the rest I have bought for my own money:) (I say this so you guys don't think I'm a spoiled little honeysuckle who gets everything from their parents, because I ******* hate kids like that. The don't know how it's to work for you own money and stuff.)

My first game for the n64 was mario64:) My first game for the the ps1 was harry potter and the philosophers stone:)
the ps2= Kingdom hearts:D(One of the best games evaar imo). xbox=fable:D (loved that game). xbox360=Saints row ( I thought it was good at the time). ps3= MGS4 (ofc lol. Abselutely LOOVED that game it was so awesome and the story top notch everything awesome)

There's my whole gaming history hah:p

Hey I've got a conumdrum I want to play assasins creed bloodlines, I feel like i shoun't start the second one until I've played bloodlines, But the reviews have given it a mediocore rating, should I get that game and play it

is there anyone out there who has played it

I also want to play Jak and Daxter the lost frontiet becuase I'm a big Jak and daxter fan, but that also got kinda a mediocore rating

--what should I do?

Yhea I finnished the first assassins creed and I thought it was good. But somehow I didn't get hyped for nmbr 2 tough, so I didn't bother buying it:p

i don't really listen to ratings when playing/buying games.. my all time favourite game was Jericho (Clive Barker).. it was a survival horror and got pretty poor ratings for a FPS style.. i remember some of the things that people didn't like about it.. without going into extreme details, they weren't criteria that bothered me very much.. i guess it depends on how well you know what you like :)

i played assassins creed.. it was a while ago now but i enjoyed it.. i felt like i was in one of those old, biblical matinee's i used to watch when i was younger..

there's plenty of eyecandy, it's beautifully rendered.. there's lots of monkey-climbing which i always like in a game (fan of tomb raiders), and a fight model that gets increasing difficult (if a little slow)..

overall i would suggest getting it if you like the theme :)

mass-effect-mass-effect-mass-effect-2-video-games-nerd-nerds-demotivational-poster-1264428097.jpg

I retired Modern Warfare 2 last week until new DLC arrives for the PS3. I have never played a game that had such a broken multiplayer experience. Bullets turn corners, 14 year olds boosting for nukes, and glitches galore.

Picked this baby up a few weeks ago to be occupied until the arrival of Heavy Rain.

demon_soul.jpg

For the first time I am both frustrated and addicted to this tough game. Its definitely not for everybody since it is quite unforgiving when you die or make a mistake, but its a challenging game I have been longing for quite a while.

Hello, I am a fellow gamer myself and new to the site.

What got me into gaming was at an early age I had some friends that owned an Atari and NES, and you just could not break me away from this. Then pretty soon I received an NES for my birthday and the rest is history. Love all kinds of video games and unbiased about all the systems.

My favorite games as of now are: Uncharted 1 and 2, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, Darksiders, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 1 and 2, all of the Metal Gear Solid games, Shenmue 1 and 2, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, XII (pretty much all of it), Batman Arkham Asylum, Lost Odyssey, Battlefield Bad Company, Call of Duty (not so much online now though), Bishock 1 and 2, God of War series, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Resident Evil 4 and 5 (plus the previous titles, was to scared to finish), Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.. I could go on and on, pretty sure I am forgetting more.

The genres I am into are mostly action.adventure, first person shooter, RPG, play the occasional sports game, puzzles. I also use to play a few MMORPGs on the PC mainly FFXI and World of Warcraft. I get the itch to play WoW every so often but I know if I go back I am still pretty much a loner.

Right now I own and currently play both PS3 and Xbox 360, if anyone wants to become friends my ID for both is RaajTM, feel free to add me, I welcome it since I get bored playing sometimes and be fun to chat during.

My first console was a beautiful :D N64 I got when I was 11 years old. The fact that my parents actually bought me my own video game system blew out about half the fuses in my brain. Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Shadows of The Empire, Blast Corps, Goldeneye (begins to drool) etc, etc...

I'm pretty far behind the gaming curve these days. All I have kicking around is a PS2, but it's been a champ, and I still fire it up once and a while. The last games I remember playing through are Drakengard 2, Final Fantasy 12, and Shining Force EXA.

Recently I have been enjoying some of the offerings over at GOG.com. I revisited Septerracore (which I didn't finish for the second time in ten years :p) and I played through the original Far Cry 3-4 times. Great fun for the price.

I've also been pondering the purchase of a new console. PS3 or XBox360. Any recommendations?

I used to play video games a lot, and now I'm trying to get back into it. I was into mainly the Nintendo consoles, and my favourite games were RPGs, especially games like Zelda and Castlevania.

These days I only really play my handheld systems. I semi-recently bought a PSP and I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics on that(mostly just that since it's SO long) and I have a DS Lite which I also play.

mintymint said:
I've also been pondering the purchase of a new console. PS3 or XBox360. Any recommendations?
That is a tough choice, I would say both if you had the money but if one over the other is really up to you. I am unbiased with all the consoles but I can tell you what consoles have what going for them.

Xbox
- Exclusives like: Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, plus more
- Online service of Xbox LIVE Silver is free, however you won't be able to play others online through multiplayer or co-op, you can download addons or game demos though.
- Alternatively Xbox LIVE Gold is $7.99 a month, usually have first grabs at demos and multiplayer is available to you. I have issues concerning Microsoft though with the prices of some of their things.. but Xbox Live is a good community as a whole.
- Stream Netflix movies if you have an account
- Need to connect ethernet cord to router if you don't have the wireless adapter if you want to play online
- Prices have drops and have bundles that include and extra controller and more memory then what was previously sold

PS3
- Exclusives like Uncharted 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, plus more
- Online service is completely free
- Wireless connectivity to play online, but have option to connect ethernet cord to router if wanted
- Plays Blu-Ray movies as well as games
- With a disc can also watch Netflix movies on your system
- Prices have also dropped including a new slim design with a higher hard drive storage

I have just skimmed the minimum on the consoles, you may want to do more research online about them. I enjoy them both a lot, but the PS3 does have an advantage with graphics and are more enjoyable if you have an HDTV. Xbox is great bout they need to compress a lot of their games. Either way, cannot go wrong with any of them seeing most games are multiplatform, you just need to decide if you want to spend money for an online service you'd use often and which system will have exclusives you'll enjoy more.

Latest posts

Back