Five Million Dollars or True Love For the Rest of Your Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Five Million Dollars or True Love for the Rest of Your Life - Which Would You Chose

• Five Million Dollars

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • True Love for the Rest of Your Life

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Big Skinny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I’d take the money just so I could change other people’s lives for the better, use it to build schools or hospitals in poorer countries otherwise I’d feel too selfish knowing that I had the power to save lives and never acted on it.

True love, i've been looking for it all my life. Now i found it, and i would never give it up for money. Money is nothing more than a currency to exchange things. I get alot of things bartering, it is quite impressive what people can give you for your services, pool, hair cuts, massage, free training, fresh eggs, jewellery.... exept to pay my utility bills, i dont realy need that much money.

With the money I could make a comfortable life for my family and my friends, while doing what I enjoy the most. Love is a exciting, unpredictable journey that I wouldn't want spoiled.

mintymint said:
With the money I could make a comfortable life for my family and my friends, while doing what I enjoy the most. Love is a exciting, unpredictable journey that I wouldn't want spoiled.

Minty Mint, sayin' the right things and attracting the ladies. :cool:

The money. I'd rather work on myself and my social problems to make some sense of worth and pride. And if I build up those characteristics enough, surely I'll find someone. Money can help me along the way in various areas (Education, Health & Fitness, Paying for hobbies & group activities etc).

True love for the rest of my life? OMG, that is worth more than all the BILLIONS in this world :) With true love secured, I'm ready to face the world and WILL make money BIG TIME! True love really inspires you to do far more than ever think you could! If you've ever experienced it, you'd always yearn for it!
Because you've had some bad times in love does not mean love isn't real! You know it! If you didn't, you wouldn't be on this site :) You're all here because you wish to reach out and be reached! Isn't that a kind of craving for love?

True love for the rest of my life? OMG, that is worth more than all the BILLIONS in this world :) With true love secured, I'm ready to face the world and WILL make money BIG TIME! True love really inspires you to do far more than ever think you could! If you've ever experienced it, you'd always yearn for it!
Because you've had some bad times in love does not mean love isn't real! You know it! If you didn't, you wouldn't be on this site :) You're all here because you wish to reach out and be reached! Isn't that a kind of craving for love?

With $5 M, I would probably have more then enough money to last me a life time (or almost), becuase I don't want a lot. I would find a spot with lots of acrage, build a family Naturist resort and sell it to someone to look after.

We have no naturist resorts in my province (Nova Scotia), the closest one, is a campground in PEI called Oasis resort.

Bare Oaks is an awesome campground, I would like to visit it. It's in Ontario, which is halfway accross the country. Ontario has three awesome resorts. Bare Oaks, Ponderosa (which you can live at as a perminent residence and it will be where I live if I move to one) and Jewel Lake, which is more of a wilderness. 640 Acrea os woods with 100 acre lake. I really want to visit there! It's got a park for RVs,/campers and plenty of space for tenting.

True love, I would imagine needs working at for the rest of your life, so it can't be guaranteed.
Does it exist? If you mean being reasonably happy with someone for the rest of your life then yes I would take that option.
Five million dollars wouldn't necessarily make you less lonely.
(Although I'd be willing to test that theory ;))

Lost Drifter said:
I’d take the money just so I could change other people’s lives for the better, use it to build schools or hospitals in poorer countries otherwise I’d feel too selfish knowing that I had the power to save lives and never acted on it.

I'm impressed by your answer. It seems like the right thing to do and helping others would probably also make you happy, even without finding true love. But my first selfish impulse was to pick love... Besides, for me true love means that it's a mutual feeling, so in a way you'd make at least one other person happy by picking love, wouldn't you? :p

With five million dollars, I could do quite a bit to help others and help my daughter to be financially secure for the rest of her life. Benefiting others would result in being beloved by multiple people for the rest of my life and after my death. No, it isn't "true love" the way so many people might like to have, but it suits me rather well.

True love. You can't have true love with five million dollars. Money doesn't give love.

i have true love and if you offered me all the money in the world in exchange for it I would say no. To get a guarantee that it would last for the rest of my life... well let's just say I certainly would pay much more than just 5 million.

Phaedron said:
What the heck is "big skinny?"

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. ^^^

I would choose love because I'd be more likely to be happy than with the money.

Oh yeah, and wouldn't be lonely any more.

True Love...because if you pick the money, you are not only keeping yourself from true love, but also the other person - that's just selfish.

As an added bonus, whenever you argued, you could always say "I gave up $5,000,000 for you, you really need to let me go play golf" (or whatever).

Latest posts

Back