Five Million Dollars or True Love For the Rest of Your Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Five Million Dollars or True Love for the Rest of Your Life - Which Would You Chose

• Five Million Dollars

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • True Love for the Rest of Your Life

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Big Skinny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted for 'True Love', assuming you mean 'Guaranteed True Love'. Otherwise I'd take the money, sort my life out and then seek the next best kind of Love :D

EveWasFramed said:
I'll take the money - it would create a nice life for myself and my little one.

even if it precluded love from the rest of your days?

i think the gist of the question was an either/or type thing...

I'd take the money and get my son established with it. Too old to find true love, it has most likely already passed me by. It would be nice to be out of debt and always struggling with bills, and living paycheck to paycheck.

Trent said:
EveWasFramed said:

If you were offered five million dollars or true love for the rest of your life, which one would you take?

Id say the question was very direct, as was my answer. Am I missing something?

EveWasFramed said:
Trent said:
EveWasFramed said:

If you were offered five million dollars or true love for the rest of your life, which one would you take?

the question didn't stipulate "including in the future"...

that's all i was saying.

it kind of sounded like "if you had to choose right now, which way would you choose?" almost as if, there could be other options in the future.

i was just curious how a person, such as yourself, would reply if the question would have been phrased "if you have to choose true love or five million dollars right now (and you could never have love again, today, tomorrow, or ever) what would you do?

yes, and as Lost Dafter stipulated, all responses should be bolded.

of course.

:shy::shy::shy::shy::shy:

Lost Drifter said:
Dude it’s an optional question on a free internet forum, calm down.

i'm calm.

are you?

i was clarifying because she asked.

have a good one.

I would take the money. I've seen love. Been there, done that. Now I want wealth. Let the good times roll.

Trent said:
EveWasFramed said:
Trent said:
EveWasFramed said:

that's all i was saying.

it kind of sounded like "if you had to choose right now, which way would you choose?" almost as if, there could be other options in the future.

i was just curious how a person, such as yourself, would reply if the question would have been phrased "if you have to choose true love or five million dollars right now (and you could never have love again, today, tomorrow, or ever) what would you do?

of course.

I'd still take the money.
:D

I'd take the option that would help me support family and friends, further causes that I consider important, and live with a comfortable back up plan and retirement if handled properly. More overall benefit and I'm surviving on the love of close friends just fine. The pain of worrying about my or my family's financial future is/was far worse than the pain of being single, dumped, etc.

EveWasFramed said:
Trent said:
EveWasFramed said:
Trent said:
EveWasFramed said:

that's all i was saying.

of course.

I'd still take the money.
:D

i have to admit, this was a perfect response

thanks for the laugh

theraab said:
True Love...because if you pick the money, you are not only keeping yourself from true love, but also the other person - that's just selfish.

As an added bonus, whenever you argued, you could always say "I gave up $5,000,000 for you, you really need to let me go play golf" (or whatever).

No, I would just be keeping her from me. There isn't anyone who wouldn't be happier with someone else. Meanwhile with 5 million, I could spend at least half of it making the world a better place. What is one mans love compared to the ability to save thousands of children from starving? To quote Spock "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

What is true love anyway, but an impossible dream of meeting someone who is completely perfect for you, so that you don't have to work on anything. Meanwhile there are native Americans who are happy with prearranged marriage and know how to make it work.

So tell me again what is the selfish choice? Being able to lord it over them that you gave up $5,000,000 so you can do what you want sounds pretty selfish to me...

Phaedron said:
theraab said:
True Love...because if you pick the money, you are not only keeping yourself from true love, but also the other person - that's just selfish.

As an added bonus, whenever you argued, you could always say "I gave up $5,000,000 for you, you really need to let me go play golf" (or whatever).

No, I would just be keeping her from me. There isn't anyone who wouldn't be happier with someone else. Meanwhile with 5 million, I could spend at least half of it making the world a better place. What is one mans love compared to the ability to save thousands of children from starving? To quote Spock "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

What is true love anyway, but an impossible dream of meeting someone who is completely perfect for you, so that you don't have to work on anything. Meanwhile there are native Americans who are happy with prearranged marriage and know how to make it work.

So tell me again what is the selfish choice? Being able to lord it over them that you gave up $5,000,000 so you can do what you want sounds pretty selfish to me...

I was kidding about lording it over her. But anyway, the question was "your true love" not "your ideal partner who may not be interested in you" - love is a two way street, you would be depriving her of it if you took the money.

Your sentiment to make the world a better place with the money is noble, however, you would be making the world a better place by finding your true love (even if it was only better for you and her) - I suppose on this part I'm being selfish because I would choose me and her over the world - but make no apologies for that, I would always make that decisions. Your sense of sacrifice is noble, though.

And I don't think that true love is someone who is completely perfect for you - the latter just doesn't exist for anyone, the former is just someone who you are willing to overlook the imperfections of.

theraab said:
Phaedron said:
theraab said:

I was kidding about lording it over her. But anyway, the question was "your true love" not "your ideal partner who may not be interested in you" - love is a two way street, you would be depriving her of it if you took the money.

Your sentiment to make the world a better place with the money is noble, however, you would be making the world a better place by finding your true love (even if it was only better for you and her) - I suppose on this part I'm being selfish because I would choose me and her over the world - but make no apologies for that, I would always make that decisions. Your sense of sacrifice is noble, though.

And I don't think that true love is someone who is completely perfect for you - the latter just doesn't exist for anyone, the former is just someone who you are willing to overlook the imperfections of.

Alright how about I spend all but $5 of the 5 million to purchase $10,000 elite matchmaking service for you and 499 other people. Still reduces your answer down to basic selfishness, but lets put that aside.

Lets say all money MUST be spent on yourself, and we change the value so that it's not so ridiculous to $50,000, or $5000, at what point would people not choose the money? Or how much would it take for them to choose it?

I just said I'll do it for 5 bucks and remain lonely the rest of my days. My heart is already broken, I have nothing left to give. I just can't go there again. That part of me just doesn't exist anymore.

Latest posts

Back