Five Million Dollars or True Love For the Rest of Your Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Five Million Dollars or True Love for the Rest of Your Life - Which Would You Chose

• Five Million Dollars

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • True Love for the Rest of Your Life

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Big Skinny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ox Blood said:
Neither.

[video=youtube]

That all depends on what you do with your money. "Mo" money doesn't always mean "Mo" problems. It just means that you have an advantage and you can either use it wisely or not. I know if I got 5 million, I'd invest it and start my own business.

Phaedron said:
theraab said:
Phaedron said:
theraab said:
True Love...because if you pick the money, you are not only keeping yourself from true love, but also the other person - that's just selfish.

As an added bonus, whenever you argued, you could always say "I gave up $5,000,000 for you, you really need to let me go play golf" (or whatever).

No, I would just be keeping her from me. There isn't anyone who wouldn't be happier with someone else. Meanwhile with 5 million, I could spend at least half of it making the world a better place. What is one mans love compared to the ability to save thousands of children from starving? To quote Spock "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

What is true love anyway, but an impossible dream of meeting someone who is completely perfect for you, so that you don't have to work on anything. Meanwhile there are native Americans who are happy with prearranged marriage and know how to make it work.

So tell me again what is the selfish choice? Being able to lord it over them that you gave up $5,000,000 so you can do what you want sounds pretty selfish to me...

I was kidding about lording it over her. But anyway, the question was "your true love" not "your ideal partner who may not be interested in you" - love is a two way street, you would be depriving her of it if you took the money.

Your sentiment to make the world a better place with the money is noble, however, you would be making the world a better place by finding your true love (even if it was only better for you and her) - I suppose on this part I'm being selfish because I would choose me and her over the world - but make no apologies for that, I would always make that decisions. Your sense of sacrifice is noble, though.

And I don't think that true love is someone who is completely perfect for you - the latter just doesn't exist for anyone, the former is just someone who you are willing to overlook the imperfections of.

Alright how about I spend all but $5 of the 5 million to purchase $10,000 elite matchmaking service for you and 499 other people. Still reduces your answer down to basic selfishness, but lets put that aside.

Lets say all money MUST be spent on yourself, and we change the value so that it's not so ridiculous to $50,000, or $5000, at what point would people not choose the money? Or how much would it take for them to choose it?

I just said I'll do it for 5 bucks and remain lonely the rest of my days. My heart is already broken, I have nothing left to give. I just can't go there again. That part of me just doesn't exist anymore.

Sorry to hear about your broken heart. I guess these kinds of questions wouldn't be worth asking if everyone had the same answer.

theraab said:
Sorry to hear about your broken heart. I guess these kinds of questions wouldn't be worth asking if everyone had the same answer.

In the past I would have chosen as you did.

It is equally selfish to withhold oneself, if there is a need, if there is one that is lonely. This would especially be true with a small tribe, but in our overpopulated society such a need does not exist.

[video=youtube]

The five million please, then I can do everything and anything I want in the world with no worries

You could ask me that a billion times, and every time I would say true love. What use is money if you can't share it? Would you eventually tire of a life of material? I would. A billion times. You would quickly find your existence is hollow without love, take it from someone whose most familiar emotions are pain and loneliness. No object will ever contend with the bliss, that golden glow from within the heart, the most profound thing in life, which is love.

If you don't have love, what do you have? Ask your heart.

Also, I believe there are no two people that are perfectly, seamlessly comparable and perfect with no glitches. It doesn't exist. But consider this, love allows you to over look flaws. Love IS acceptance. And love makes things beautiful, and more beautiful. Consider that old trinket/ toy/ object you had as a toy. Eventually it got beat up and old, but you wouldn't have like a replacement because it wouldn't be the same thing, right? That's love making something more beautiful.

True Love. I already make enough to live comfortably and have enough in savings.

Well if I HAVE to pick between the two, I pick true love.

But, if somehow, this option were presented to me IRL, I'd be wary of it anyways. To alter the course of life seems like a dangerous thing, if not the antithesis of the whole point. I wish to find my 'true love' of course, but if I'm not in the position to meet her, if I am not yet who I need to be to meet her, then I'm not sure it's a good thing to have it happen before it's time.

But, I might get impulsive in the moment and just accept the true love option anyways XD

There's no version where I would pick the money, just versions where I don't pick either.

5 million can buy a lot of hookers and drugs

But, I would like true love. My left hand is nice and all but love from another human being sounds pretty cool.

I voted true love, but being that I don't know what that really is it may not have been the most informed decision.

I voted for money because idk its all we ever loathe and want. We can use money to make someone love us. We can never get enough of it and I don't really believe in TRUE love...

what does Big Skinny mean btw?

JasonM said:
I voted true love, but being that I don't know what that really is it may not have been the most informed decision.

I change my answer. I just sobered up.

I'll take true love.

There is nothing more than I want than having someone who truly loves me for who I am.

$5 million is tempting and might bring a lot of people into your life but would they really be interested in you or your money?

OnlyMe said:
$5 million is tempting and might bring a lot of people into your life but would they really be interested in you or your money?

I chose 5 million because I don't want love and I'd have million ways to spend the money. I would use them to fulfil my dreams, not have people around me.

Does taking the $5M mean I'm guaranteed to not find love in my life. I'd take the 5M, I could afford to search the world for true love with 5M. People love you less when you don't have 5M :D

Latest posts

Back