Flipping my mentality

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suckaG

Reaction score
I feel like I’ve finally made a choice to really, consciously challenge my negative self perceptions on a regular, consistent basis, and reject the falsehoods about myself that I have constructed and clung to in the past.

Case in point: my very near tangible insecurity about never finding a girlfriend, ‘love’, or what have you. In the past, I have found myself constantly comparing myself with all these other dudes I know who have found supposedly meaningful (or at least temporarily fun and sex-filled) relationships, and I have looked at that and said to myself: “oh, if these goofs can pull it off easy as anything else, and you can’t, then what chance do you really have? You must have no chance at all.” (also an example of perfectly flawed logic, as I have incidentally learned in my Arguments course.)

The truth of it is I have never really even tried to get a girlfriend. I’ve been too scared to try. This fact alone seems to be a more plausible reason for my non-existent love life, than any crazy thing my mind can think up, non?

(I also recently got clean shaven and a nice haircut, so this should hopefully help me out in that department lol!)

But in light of the subject thread, I have found that by adamantly challenging and flipping my mental thought process on its head whenever a truly crazy thought pops up, like [insert fatalistic, self-hating, or despondent, thought here] said thought actually dissolves into the ethereal netherworld from whence it slithered.

Changing my consistent habits also helps, and so far, I have been victorious in all of my perpetual goals of keeping up academically, keeping up a regular workout routine, and starting new hobbies to keep myself busy (vegetable gardening and martial arts training for the win!)

I still need to really clean my room though.

but other than that, life is good :D

PS: I just realized the relationship between the subject thread and the martial arts. LOL. because we do flips. I know, I'm cheesy.

[youtube]aicHsMC6rxM&feature=related&[/youtube]

Hey, homeslice.

black-belt-for-lux1.jpg

Good work, good work!
You go kick some #@#$)(@*#*@(!!111111 a**!!!
:D

Latest posts

Back