Found something that makes me feel confident, and my dad wont let me do it.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mr. Sir

To begin with, I am 900 miles away from my parents but they still pay my tuition. I joined the Guardian Angels, which is a civilian police force. My dad was very angry when he found out I went on rounds. He said "You're supposed to be in college, I am paying for it, don't waste your time on stuff like that. I don't want you affiliated with them"

I'm disobeying him though. I for once in my life felt like I had a dick in between my legs. It gave me confidence. And he's taking that away from me.

My mom said "Dont tell me about it, and I wont tell him."

I'm just worried that he might find out. But if I keep being his ***** all my life, I'll keep hating myself. I cant miss out on any more years.

What should I do?

do it. your dad is paying for your tuition but that doesnt give him permission to run your life. if you keep your grades up then your dad is getting what he paid for. if your grades start to drop, well, then you've got a problem.

you have your own life, join it. You are legally an adult. Just make sure you keep doing well in school.

I tried to join it but they wouldn't accept me because of my physical limitations.

Good group though, I encourage you to go for it.

seems dishonest.

rationally youre doing it the most efficient way. college, free money, good experiences.

but you claim 'confidence' is what is important here.

how confident can you be when defrauding your father...

h i said:
seems dishonest.

rationally youre doing it the most efficient way. college, free money, good experiences.

but you claim 'confidence' is what is important here.

how confident can you be when defrauding your father...

because my parents treat me like a manchild and I have no confidence.

Do it! As heretostay said, as long as it doesn't get in the way of your college work. After all, what would you be doing instead? Studying 24/7? If it gives you confidence and structure in your life, it may improve your grades.

And well done for doing something that is beneficial to both yourself and the wider community!

Do it!
I'm actually going to double major which means 4 more years and when my dad finds out he'll flip out and most probably stop paying, so for a year he'll be paying but as soon as he finds out I wont be done in a year anymore.. I'll have to pay for myself but I really want to do it. So.. I'll hopefully manage!

So whatever. Do what you want.
I dont wanna look back and regret my life and wish that I did things different.

If you can balance your university and the police force, I say go for it. Don't let anybody take something away from you that makes you feel good.

maybe your Dad is worried you could get hurt and he doesent want to admit it, (I would be worried) your parents are probably scared just by you being gone from home,then you tell them you are out walking the streets looking for trouble,no wonder they freaked out, the G.A. could be a good thing for you,be carefull ,after a while they might be interested to hear about it you could talk about it at Thanksgiving or maybe the G.A. will be serving turkey to homeless people and you could help that might make a good impression on your parents,

Latest posts

Back