gf/bf... its not so important!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the end, I want a boyfriend and best friend both, in one.. I'd like a best friend outside that as well, of course. As for right now, only thing I'm looking for when it comes to guys is, a good friend, best friend, with potential to become more in time. When it comes to people, I'd just like some friends I can trust and feel safe with, where I don't have to watch my back all the time. But this is kinda off topic so I'm shushing now :p

I don't think I'm that desperate yet.
It's been a year since I've been in a relationship.
It's not as if I'm trying to jump from one relationship to another
I've worked through a lot and healed a lot.
My ex-gf was an alcoholic and relapsed...hardcore. i defintely understand about a person
being self centered and it was all about her, her, her.
Nope..I nevered wanted to take on the role of being a knight or trying to save her. I'm not her daddy or maker.
The wrackage of that relationship left a bad taste in my mouth. The last thing i wanted to do was get involve
in another relationship.

I'm actaully at the stage of liking being single or I'm more aware of the pros of being single.
I'm happy for the most part of my life or day.
Never the less...there's still a strong desire I have of sharing my life with someone.

As for someone never having a bf/gf before...I don't really fully understand that.
I had a GF since I was 15, even though I didn't have sex until after I was 18.
I do remember having the curiosities of having a gf and sex..when I nevered had it...it drove me
freaken nutz..as i can recalled it. All the envy, jealousy, fustrations, fear...etc

Hope_Reigns said:
In the end, I want a boyfriend and best friend both, in one.. I'd like a best friend outside that as well, of course.

That is the best basis for any solid relashionship!
Communication is deffinatly the key in keeping things ticking over which is why often relashionships fail when the sex has dried up and there is nothing left to be said.
* This thread was not intended to be hurtful or cause any insult to anyone and i do appolgise if i have caused anyone any offence.

grundel70 said:
relationships are hard. There are times when I am broken hearted that I wish I never knew love to begin with.

However we are all creatures that want to be loved. that is why it hurts so much when it is taken away. I think we all seek it.

What my dear friend Gothmother is saying, however, is that having someone special in your life is NOT the answer we may be seeking. All of our problems will not go away because someone tells us that they love us, or if they share intimacy with us.

I think the world makes us feel like crap if we don't have anyone to love. We see those **** diamond commercials. We see those xmas commercials where a happy couple exchanges gifts. We see happy couples holding hands, and it rubs the fact that we are lone right in our faces!

However, if you are not happy with yourself...if the seed of your depression springs from some emptiness within...then getting a girl/boy friend will not fix it. I had no self respect before I got married. Because of that my wife did not respect me. She left me because of that. Getting her did not solve any problems. I had to look at myself long and hard, and then take action myself to correct alot of things before I even tried again...and this is something I wish I did before I even met her. I was so desperate for someone...and my desperation cost me dearly.

I know many of you may not listen to me, or even beleive me. But please understand that happiness comes from within. If you cannot be happy with yourself, then you will struggle to be happy with someone else. There is a huge difference when a special someone comes along and completes you...and when someone comes along that you expect to fix you.

There was one relationship that I was in that when she broke up with me, I was releived. I felt like a huge weight was removed!

I am not trying to discount any of your feelings of loneliness. I long to be loved again. I want to hold someone special in my arms. But right now I need to resolve some issues with myself before I can really consider doing so. I know this because when I jumped into relationships with unresolved issues it only caused more pain.

Alot of you I know have never had a 'significant other'. I urge you to heed those that have had that experience...and learn from it. Of course seek it...but try to find your own inner balance first. Find your center. Start working on you. Get yourself right with yourself. If you hate yourself...then a gf/bf is not going to fix you. I thought it would...and i was wrong. As a result I went through the most painful thing I have ever went through in my entire life.

Listen to this man, and thanks for sharing. I am starting to realize how true this is.

Latest posts

Back