Have You Considered Using Street Drugs To Combat Your Depression?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Im feeling really shitty or depressed sometimes I have thought about how a drug or drinking alchohol might help numb my pain, but I know that would only be a short term fix. I also do not think a momentary remedy is worth the risk of becoming addicted to drugs which would be a much bigger problem. When I was like in high school I smoked weed occasionally, sometimes to distract myself from being depressed, but after that stuff wore off Id end up feeling even worse many times. I havent touched that stuff for like 4 years and I dont plan to do that or try any other drug ever again.

I know of people (in recovery) who are on the marijuana maintenance thing. It seems to help them to some extent. One in particular also suffers from depression, and is on anti depressants. I view marijuana as another form of anti-depressant, and consider someone in recovery from drugs (and alcohol is a drug) still in recovery if using marijuana.
Not a popular stance with others in recovery, but it is my stance.

whispers said:
Drugs is what got me in the hospital with major depression at age 17. I'm not saying only the drugs did it. I had problems tried to numb them out with drugs, all kinds, and alcohol. It just helped me get in deeper emotional problems.
2 years ago i was given oxycocet for back pain, i got hooked on that and ended up in major depression again.
It feels good in the moment, but in the long run, it ruins you.
I am now on anti depressants for life. i do what i can to be happy, thank god i have great friends, but sometimes i feel like i'm a burdon. so i stay away. But always find another way, like beeing here :)

Awww *hug*

The first part of your post sounds a fair bit like my story. And the last part is definately me to be honest (except I stopped taking anti depressants after x amount of months and refuse to go on any tablets now)

And kudos to this place indeed :cool:

Mary J is the best for me. But I wouldn't say I am way overly depressed. I'm more stressed, so it helps me calm my nerves a lot.

Marijuana has been used for many thousands of years but has now only become 'bad' and 'illegal'.
Most people in Western Society do not even know what the drugs their doctors give them do, nor do they question them.
I would much rather trust something that has been used by people throughout the world for 5+ thousand years than something a couple scientists created and tested on animals in the last 100 years.

drugs won't help with your depression. simply as that.

PurpleDays said:
I've often thought about using amphetamines for weight-loss purposes.

Because it can really lessen your appetite and helps promote weight loss.

But I have absolutely no idea where to start.

I know you can get certain ADD meds from your GP if you ask, but I'm a bit scared.

-_-

Purple, amphetamines are gross stuff. besides, when you lose weight fast you'll gain it back again.

the best way to lose weight is eating ;)

(pretty funny that you are worried about that, you don't need to)

I can't believe that amphetamines in any form could help with anyone's depression. Most ex-meth users suffer from depression as a result of their meth use. Not to mention that amphetamine in any form is highly addictive as are most other forms of "street drugs". This is not to say that prescription drugs aren't addictive (as anyone knows).
The vision for anyone needing help with depression should be to seek professional help. Most of us here are not doctors, and there has been much research gone into different drugs that could be considered for the depressed, and some that work for one person may not be right for another. This is what the doctors go to school to learn. My advice is to let them do their job.
** In addition, I would like to point out that Bill W. (co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous) did experiment with LSD at one point in his recovery to see if it may have some benefits to combating his depression. This was done under the supervision of research professionals when little was known of the drug, and it was fairly new to the "scene", and still legal. After his participation in the program, Bill did say that he wouldn't recommend LSD as a viable drug (not in those words, but you get it) in combating depression.

Peyote and Ayahousca (DMT) are used as healing tools by native American Indians and Amazonian tribes for thousands of years.
Both are as or more potent than LSD.
Nothing is bad for you if used in such a way to help you (and not abused).

As I have tried to convey, these drugs (both man made, and organic) may work for some, and may be a nightmare for others. The side effects could be devastating to some people. You make the call.
A good source page for peyote could be this one:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Peyote
The above link is very informative, and goes into detail on the positive, neutral, and negative effects of peyote as well as a study done in the year, 2005.
Try to keep in mind that most who frequent this forum are lonely, and depression is a symptom for many. There are users of antidepressants here for sure that have extensive, personal knowledge on this from their own experience. I would have to think that most take antidepressants so they can lead a better quality of life than they did without antidepressants, and would prefer not to hallucinate while they deal with their everyday routine.
To end my rant, I will admit that there are certain drugs that could be of benefit to some (re: pot, peyote, etc.), and there are some drugs that can alter one's body & mind forever, and there will be no turning back. Do your research, and be honest with yourselves - for you are ultimately the one who will be rewarded, or pay a price for your action.

been thinking about it a lot lately. i tasted hard liquor for the first time the other day and it wasn't so bad, but i'm more of a hard drugs kind of guy. been thinking about ms. brown a lot.

I personally see no harm is smoking a J, but others do. I smoke every night. It helps me feel better.

gnome3 said:
I can't believe that amphetamines in any form could help with anyone's depression. Most ex-meth users suffer from depression as a result of their meth use. Not to mention that amphetamine in any form is highly addictive as are most other forms of "street drugs". This is not to say that prescription drugs aren't addictive (as anyone knows).
The vision for anyone needing help with depression should be to seek professional help. Most of us here are not doctors, and there has been much research gone into different drugs that could be considered for the depressed, and some that work for one person may not be right for another. This is what the doctors go to school to learn. My advice is to let them do their job.
** In addition, I would like to point out that Bill W. (co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous) did experiment with LSD at one point in his recovery to see if it may have some benefits to combating his depression. This was done under the supervision of research professionals when little was known of the drug, and it was fairly new to the "scene", and still legal. After his participation in the program, Bill did say that he wouldn't recommend LSD as a viable drug (not in those words, but you get it) in combating depression.

I think he means to use it for concentration purposes. Not antidepressant purposes.

SophiaGrace said:
I think he means to use it for concentration purposes. Not antidepressant purposes.

Funny that concentration wasn't mentioned in his post, nor is it part of the topic at hand. Are you reading between the lines?

I don't use Mary Jane for depression. I do it cause it helps with my stress and I just like it ^^

gnome3 said:
SophiaGrace said:

Funny that concentration wasn't mentioned in his post, nor is it part of the topic at hand. Are you reading between the lines?

I'm telling you what he told me? :/

SophiaGrace said:
gnome3 said:
SophiaGrace said:

I'm telling you what he told me? :/

Sophia, I think we are on different pages here. lol.. Anyway, the song remains the same - whether these drugs be used for concentration or as an anti-depressant....I think. Not completely sure. Hmmm

Latest posts

Back