Have you ever...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one to see who could eat the least in a week. I won, Yay!

Have you ever been caught in a rip tide while swimming in the sea?

Yes! Yes I have! Off Mokapu Point in Hawaii. I was about 16 and body surfing, the sand bottom shelved really steeply and generated fast rising steep waves ideal for body surfing, but the water flowed back into the lagoon like a river......a rip tide or something. Oh gosh! I floated out about a 1/4 mile or so away from shore with the current and then swam parallel to the beach away from the rip current and then slowly side stroked my way back to the beach, helped on by the surf. What really pissed me off was that nobody even knew what happened.

Have you ever given money to a street person?

constant stranger said:
Yes!  Yes I have!  Off Mokapu Point in Hawaii.  I was about 16 and body surfing, the sand bottom shelved really steeply and generated fast rising steep waves ideal for body surfing, but the water flowed back into the lagoon like a river......a rip tide or something.  Oh gosh!  I floated out about a 1/4  mile or so away from shore with the current and then swam parallel to the beach away from the rip current and then slowly side stroked my way back to the beach, helped on by the surf.  What really pissed me off was that nobody even knew what happened.

Have you ever given money to a street person?

Scary isn't it. Me too but I wasn't surfing just swimming and whoosh away I went.  Nobody noticed me either lol

Yes I do sometimes give money to street people.

Have you ever wished you could turn back the clock?

Yeah, on one of the occasions when I was doing hard time in a hospital waiting room....I read one of Lee Child's "Reacher" novels between about 6:00 am and sometime that same day's evening.

Have you ever experienced an earthquake?

I'm afraid so....in college I woke up after a drunken night and one of my shoes was gone. I never found it and never discovered how it happened.

Have you ever eaten the meat of an animal that you killed?

constant stranger said:
I'm afraid so....in college I woke up after a drunken night and one of my shoes was gone.  I never found it and never discovered how it happened.

Have you ever eaten the meat of an animal that you killed?

Aaaagggghhhh, vegetarian runs away screaming nooooooo lol

Have you ever been to an abattoir?

No - I wouldn't want to. But I have grown up on a farm - as well as hunting and fishing. ( sorry Jently....but I also grow a LOT of vegetables!!)

Have you ever slipped on the ice in front of a group of people?

Yes and I was in a squad of soldiers............embarrassed!

Have you ever given a speech to a large group of people?

Yes while walking my German Shepherd (Alsatian to my UK cousins). She lunged after a cat....its owners were clustered in their driveway bidding goodbye to some guests as I walked by with Trudy on a leash. It was an out-of-control fall on the ice.....no dignity. But I held onto the leash.

Have you ever traveled across The Equator?

constant stranger said:
Yes while walking my German Shepherd (Alsatian to my UK cousins).  She lunged after a cat....its owners were clustered in their driveway bidding goodbye to some guests as I walked by with Trudy on a leash.  It was an out-of-control fall on the ice.....no dignity.  But I held onto the leash.

Have you ever traveled across The Equator?

We call them GSDs now constant stranger  :) I used to have one - the best dogs on the planet.

No I haven't done that.

Have you ever given a speech to a large group of people?

GSD's now, are they? Thanks for updating me!
Looks like we answered on this page simultaneously....

I once gave a toast at a wedding....there were about 100 guests....that's as close as I've come to it.

Have you ever witnessed someone's death?

constant stranger said:
GSD's now, are they?   Thanks for updating me!
Looks like we answered on this page simultaneously....

I once gave a toast at a wedding....there were about 100 guests....that's as close as I've come to it.

Have you ever witnessed someone's death?

That was me being too lazy to type out German Shepherd dogs, or just plain German Shepherds.

Yes I have, my dear Dad. 

Have you ever witnessed a real human birth (not on TV) ?

does giving birth count? if not, no.

have you ever witnessed a human death?

Latest posts

Back