headaches

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuppence

Reaction score
I've been having horrible headaches over the past few weeks, which is part of the reason why I haven't been on the site as much. Sitting in front of a laptop really doesn't help :(

Of course, I know this isn't a place to ask for actual medical advice, but as most people get headaches now and then, I was just wondering if you had any non-medical tricks that work for you? For example, when my mum gets headaches, she finds it helps to stretch her neck muscles, but it doesn't seem to help me!

My fiancé has been really lovely, he always seems to know when I've got a headache and he sends me off to lie down while he plays with the girls, but that's really not ideal as I have things to do.

I think it's partly stress, I had an appointment with a social worker yesterday, which is something I struggle with as I always feel judged (and some of them really are judgemental).

Then today, my fiancé, my mum and someone I speak to online all upset me. I won't go into details here, maybe on another thread, though I probably need to go to bed really. But anyway, that made me stressed and tearful, though I sorted things out with my fiancé and my mum. Then I cried over something happy too. Crying often gives me a headache, though not usually this bad.

But anyway, any ideas would be gratefully received!

Hey tuppence, sorry to hear that. Headaches can be a bummer :(

For me it usually does the trick to close my eyes and go into a total relaxation, something like shutting down completely. Helps for getting away a cramp too.

Water- do you drink enough? It sounds simple but not drinking enough water has a lot of adverse affects on the body- headaches being one of them! If you drink a lot of coffee ease up, it can contribute as well.

You've described a lot of stress and uncertainty about your life in your posts Tuppence, that's a major contributor as well. Only you can sort those out.

Thank you for your replies!

I'm not very good at shutting down, Perfanoff, but maybe I just need practice. I agree it can only help.

Thank you WildernessWildChild. I don't drink very much water, to be honest. Except, as you mention, water that's been boiled in a kettle! That sounds like something I can change really easily. As for the other stresses, I do need to do something.

Hello Tuppence.

Water: It could be cause of not drinking enough water, from stress or anxiety, allergies. Not sure if you suffer from any though. Lately I've been getting horrible headaches due to allergies and my eyes swell up. It's horrible!

Stress: You could try taking baths. Use Lavender or anything that's soothing and relaxing. Listen to ambient music for awhile while laying down. I tend to listen to soothing music whenever I'm stressed out.

Hope I helped you out in some way.

Thank you, WallFlowerGirl. I do suffer from stress and anxiety. I don't have any allergies as far as I know, but I could be wrong. You poor thing, swollen eyes are no fun! I hope they get better soon. Can you take eye drops or something to help?

I try to have a bath every day, but one of the girls always seems to start screaming. Or my fiancé screams. He stubbed his toe recently and I thought he was being murdered! So I usually end up having a shower instead. I miss proper baths.

Thank you, ladyforsaken. I've started my new water diet :) My head does feel better than yesterday.

Tuppence said:
Thank you, WallFlowerGirl. I do suffer from stress and anxiety. I don't have any allergies as far as I know, but I could be wrong. You poor thing, swollen eyes are no fun! I hope they get better soon. Can you take eye drops or something to help?

Yeah I usually take medication for it, I use to have clear eyes for itching eyes. It had some type of ingredient in it that made my eyes burn even more. It cleared up my eyes yes and the burning itching stopped but it was annoying using them. Hopefully I'll find another type of eye drops that will work better.

Latest posts

Back