Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LoneKiller said:
EveWasFramed said:
We'd adapt - like we always do.

:D It would suck though.
Do you think that maybe we depend on it too much as it is? A lot of people have their whole **** lives online.

Absolutely.
But...look at al the other things we "depend" on.

Ak5 said:
Timeline:

0-1 Year after Internet disappearance: Mass hysteria world-wide in all developed and developing countries. Third World countries will just go "Huh? What happened?". Cell phone carriers will be forced to increase the amount of traffic they can hold due to everyone using text and call services instead of email and forums. Support groups will see a massive influx of members. Expect several news stories about people calling 911 threatening to kill themselves because they can't access Facebook. Google's Empire will crumble. Amazon's rising dominance will come to an end. Libraries will receive crowds of people asking for library cards.

1-5 Years after Internet disappearance: Dramatic decrease in global obesity.

10-20 Years after Internet disappearance: The "average" weight of a normal person will be less than what it was before the Internet disappeared.

20+ Years after Internet disappearance: We'll tell our children or grandchildren of how great the Internet was.

I might write more lol.

The US Postal system will start making a PROFIT again, lmao. :p

EveWasFramed said:
The US Postal system will start making a PROFIT again, lmao. :p

wrong, ups and fedex have the postal service flanked! lol

In fact the USPS and other mail services will lose profit. Remember online deliveries? Lol :D. I think that's the only thing today that mail services are useful for. And to communicate we still have text messaging, cell phones, and land lines.

Most of the purchases we do in my home are online purchases! :p

Oil companies will profit, since more people are using cars for driving to stores in order to buy things rather than buying online. And, phone companies will lose profits due to people not paying for web service (or in fact they'll profit, that is if they increase their rates for texting and calling). Goodbye Wi-Fi as well!

I don't know what would happen but I know what I would do.

Open a book....and wait for you all to kill yourselves. ;)

Then roam the post-apocalyptic wasteland with my telepathic wisecracking dog.... (someone name that movie and don't make me feel like a total loser haha.)

I would be quite pissed off to be honest. There are a few people, which the only way to talk to them, is through the internet.

Sterling said:
I would be quite pissed off to be honest. There are a few people, which the only way to talk to them, is through the internet.

Yeah I second that actually.

Terrible day would be terrible. It would be like losing one of my five primary senses.

The internet serves as an important containment area for flamers. Without it, the world would go up in flames. :p

The effects could be catastrophic. There would be no more online gaming, email, instant messaging, or shopping. It would be severely harmful to the organisations, industries, and banks that have developed a high dependency on the internet for communication and keeping databases, which could create a world crisis. Not to mention the individuals who will lose essential data they have backed up online. Vital government and military networks would cease to be, but also will cyber terrorists, hackers, identity thieves, trolls, sexual predators, flamers, griefers, and spammers.

lonelyfairy said:
Ak5 said:
annik said:
Sterling said:

Yeah I second that actually.

Third!

Fourth!

I like being part of a gang! :p

Honestly I like to think personally I'd cope without it but I know I'd get bored. I rely on it because its there. For chatting, playing games, watching telly, shopping, wasting time. To be honest without it I could write to people, play cards, watch the actual telly, go into real shops and still waste time. I mean the times my computer has died I've coped. Plus my sis isn't online at home and she seems fine. I think we find things to use technology for a lot more than technology is really useful.

Hey People!

All of us have had our share of awkward moments. Let's post them up!

When I was in high school, I ditched my afternoon classes to play ball with some friend's. I used the excuse that I needed to go home and take my medication that I forgot.

That night, my friends and I went to the local bar for 20 cent draft night.
and lo and behold, not one **** hour or 2 later, my "Business Ed." teacher,(Her class was one of the afternoon classes that I skipped..)shows up with her dart club! The icing on the cake is that she knew I was underage!

All I could say was ..."Hi Mrs. Richard, surprised to see you here..". She never ratted me out about being underage, which I thought was pretty cool of her.

That's really funny, hah! If I think of something I'll post it later.

Every time someone asks me how I'm doing. :p

And only because I actually think about how I am feeling as opposed to giving some prerecorded response. Thanks to apathy I generally shrug, shake my head and say "Not sure."

Always get a weird look with that. It usually takes me a few minutes after the encounter to realize what I said and how it didn't quite work in that situation socially and give a big unsurprised sigh.

Every once in a while someone runs with it and there's a short exchange then we move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back