Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep a netbook by me at night to record my flashes of "still pictures" or five to ten second "movie clips" before falling asleep (that *some* call closed eye hallucinations) and dreams after falling asleep for about two years now.

It is very helpful in determining spiritual growth, putting the pieces together after seeing patterns & similarities, ect.

Besides, my dreams are normally a fun read for me at times if i need to review past experiences or revelations because they are normally "sci-fi/fantasy" action oriented and follows like tv episodes with special "guest" appearances.

The only down side is that before going to sleep I normally see the following first which can be very aggravating until you learn to ignore it:

Closed-eye-visualization.gif

I talk about them with my therapist and we find the meaning together.

I don't think you can do it on your own. Maybe if you've read books, but still...

Greetings.:)

I'm a pretty heavy coffee drinker. For the last year or so I have been using low calorie sweetener as opposed to sugar, because I don't want a "Sugar Crash". On the other hand, I've heard that sweetener is worse for you than the sugar. Is this true?

God Bless.
LK

Sorry I can't really help with the question...though this made me think about my ex who always had sweetener and diet coke and stuff but thought of cake as a breakfast option...

Hi viewers.:)

I need your take on this remark from a guy at the chess club.

We were discussing hunting for food, and I made remark about how I couldn't kill an animal, even if I was starving to death. He then replied and said that of course not, you get others to do it for you. What do you mean I said. He said that you go down to the local grocery store and spend your money on steak and chicken without any thought about it.

I couldn't respond to that. Does he have a point? Am I a hypocrite?

Godspeed.
LK

Buying or eating meat doesn't necessarily equal to killing animals in my opinion. I wouldn't call you a hypocrite.

Depends on your reason for now wanting to kill the animal. If you don't want to kill it because you don't want something killed so you can live, then yes, you're a hypocrite (lol, no offense).
But, if you just can't bring yourself to butcher something yourself, that's different. I'd starve - I can't stand the smell of blood. =\

If I had nothing to eat I would totally kill an animal... no ofense but your survival skills suck lol. I wouldn't like it but I'd do it.

Anyway, I don't think you are an hypo.

yes anyone who eats meat and couldn't kill an animal is. imo. or you can just say you're selfish and too much of a wimp, that's what i go with

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but killing other animals as a source of food is deeply rooted in human instinct from our primal age, regardless of the moral arguments going on today, it's natural.

It's easy to say you could never kill an animal for food, out of your compassion for life, but when actually put to the situation in which you are starving to death, your mind will change, and I don't mean this as a question of your integrity. There were Native American tribes that hunted animals for food and resources and still maintained an absolute respect for them as if they were people; they were not hypocrites.

Sugar is natural and not as bad for you as artificial sweeteners. Keyword "artificial", it's all made out of chemicals in a lab.

A sweetener used in most chewing gums in also used as a laxative in larger doses.

Think about it, research it.

There are pros and cons to using sweeteners or sugar and it does take a bit of research to fully understand them. Sweeteners are mainly intended for people with diabetes and other blood sugar issues, they are not a healthy alternative to sugar. FunkyBuddha is spot-on about the chemicals these sweeteners consist of, in fact artificial sweeteners have shown more potential health risks than natural sources of sugar, and they can still cause weight gain. Personally I would rather use pure sugar while maintaining a healthy diet with sufficient exercise.

It means that you do contribute to the death of an animal. It does not actually mean that you are personally, psychologically capable of killing an animal.

We are part of the food chain,but luckily at the top of it.Best not thought of whilst tucking into a bacon sandwich,but a fact of life.

As Eve said, it depends on your reasoning.

You didn't state if you felt that having someone else do it removes you from that chain of events or if you just preferred to have someone else handle that part of the process but acknowledge that you are part of it.

Everyone is a hypocrite at some point.
Most people don't shoot their own food. I don't eat meat, but I do buy it for my kids (their father insists they eat meat and I didn't push the fact because they need the nutrition that it provides them). I'm also anti-hunter, yes I can reason it away if the people who hunt use all of the animal to survive, but most only do it for the sport.

Anyway, I suppose I'm a hypocrite as well since I feed my children meat when I don't eat it and don't feel one needs to kill to survive.

Hi Everyone.:) What are your favorite beverages? What beverages do you hate?

Beverages I Like

1. Coffee
2. Pop
3. Chocolate Milk
4. Vitamin Water
5. Strawberry Kool-Aid

Beverages I Hate

1. Alcohol
2. Skim Milk
3. Energy Drinks
4. Vegetable Juice
5. Orange Juice