Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has scientific basis.

The tendency that people have to overrate their abilities fascinates Cornell University social psychologist David Dunning, PhD. "People overestimate themselves," he says, "but more than that, they really seem to believe it. I've been trying to figure out where that certainty of belief comes from."

Dunning is doing that through a series of manipulated studies, mostly with students at Cornell. He's finding that the least competent performers inflate their abilities the most; that the reason for the overinflation seems to be ignorance, not arrogance; and that chronic self-beliefs, however inaccurate, underlie both people's over and underestimations of how well they're doing.

This is partially cultural, however.

In research comparing North American and East Asian self-assessments, Heine of the University of British Columbia finds that East Asians tend to underestimate their abilities, with an aim toward improving the self and getting along with others.

Source: American Psychological Organization: Why we overestimate our competence

Yes well it makes sense logically. If you are arrogant about your abilities you are also likely not to be willing to learn and improve because you already think you are great at it.

You can observe it in reality aswell. When it comes to pretty much any subject the most skilled ones are actually usually the ones behind the scene... Usually the more introverted types, especially in regards to creative subjects and also things which require intensive study like science and math.

He wouldn't be talkin' that kind of trash around someone like Shaq. Like I said. Everyone needs to learn. I understand that. You have to walk before you run. If that cat had of dunked over me and knocked my on my ass, then he would have had bragging rights. In a situation like that, he would have taken me to Flight School.

Hi Everyone.:)
I checked the search. Nothing. So here it goes. What grosses you out? It can be anything. I'll begin.

1. People scratching their asses like they're digging for gold.
2. Haggis
3. When people sneeze and a booger flies out.
4. People who walk around the house in their bare feet leaving the soles of their feet looking black as night.
5. Public urinals that aren't flushed and look as though they're filled with dark rum and smell awful.

Grosse LK....
Mainly spiders, maybe that's more of a creeps-me-out

Germs.
People who don't wash their hands.
Loose human hairs.
Small lizards.
People who cough and/or sneeze into the air or their hands.
Parasites.
Flies.
Centipedes.
People who wear shoes in the house.
Meat.

The TV show Bones
Roadkill
People who don't wash their hands after using the washroom, especially a public one.

Lol Boogers.

Vomit is pretty gross. I've almost always been the one to clean any up in the house. Be it dog vomit or even my own.
The effect Smoking has on people is gross. The stained teeth. The yellow rough skin. The banging breath.
Drooling is gross. People who do it probably can't help it and have always done it. But I still don't like it.
Cheap Ice Cream that has been left to melt into the crap it was made of is really really gross. Never want to smell that again.
Beer. I've always found Beer to be gross. No matter how many times I try to drink it.

As it turns out, quite a bit.

People that share drinks (unless they are involved)
Piercings (except for ears, if a girl)
bugs
people who drink milk with non dessert items, like hamburger and pizza
people who like cold pizza
mayonaise
The new artificial steak made by japanese scientists
Having to look at Lonesome Crow's avatar while knowing it's him and hes a dude (which is kinda weird because drag queens generally don't gross me out)
anything I spill on myself except water and alchohol
old people who make "scrapple" at 4 pm and ask me at 10 pm if I want the piece they saved for me, which they left sitting out on the frying pan all this time!
scrapple (look up the ingredients at your own risk)
microwave tv dinners, especially ones that leave a nasty smell once their made.
Homes that reek of Cat
Skinny girls who do weird things with their bones
the Eucharist (ever since watching that video saying it was originally a ritual of drinking menstrual blood)
Circumcision if it involves sucking blood. (those who do know who they are)
People who pick their nose and eat their buggers (yes they are out there)
Certain Mexican neighborhoods that for some reason absolutely reek during the winter time when I walk my dog down there.
Tiny Mexican restaurants that use excessive amounts of extremely strong smelling cleaning solutions, sometimes I have to step outside.
Low quality Mexican restaurants that try to make "gringo food" burgers and fries, the place I'm thinking of kept the fries in a trash can (I kid you not) and they were uncooked, completely soft, nasty, and the burger wasn't any better.
...This place (the burrito bandido) did eventually go out of business. Which was kind of a shame as their Mexican food was excellent, though overpriced.
Chinese StirFry restaurants that charge you by the weight, and as a result don't clear out your to-go order of water so that it's soggy and gross and you pay extra for the weight of the water, which they won't let you remove.
Guacamole and/or baby puke, assuming they aren't the same thing.
Clothes that have been washed, but have had to dry out on their own.
Clothes that were eaten by moths
Tiny moths hatched from meat supplement eggs in bird feed
Farms and slaughterhouses
Moldey bathrooms
Pool algae
Gas guzzler cars
Unfinished drinks in plastic cups that have been left out for months
Drunks who use empty brandy bottles as portable bathrooms
septic tanks
animals when they eat things in the trash esp old food that has hardened and is nasty.
Needles and vaccines

nothing. nothing grosses me out. its pretty much a job requirement for me + years of appreciating the most sublime work of the Jackass Crew

well maybe blood sausage. the thought of eating fibrin.

and horseshoe crabs. those little critters are older than Us!

Oh my god Phaedron, I inadvertently made something like scrapple one time I experimented with my cooking. Easily the most disgusting thing I have put in my mouth.

Germs
Insects
Most meat
Messy bathroom
People talking too close to me
Smelly breathe
Farting in my face
Dirtyness
Picking at teeth at the table ugh

I thought that I'd include this little delicacy.:D

"Tripe"

Tripe.jpg

When I see vomit on the street, specially when I can recognize what they ate in the little pieces of food >.<

Chewing Gum being stuck to things is gross. Like in school. I'd feel something weird under my seat as I moved it and would find that it's gum. Nasty way of disposing of it really.
Mold is pretty gross. Seen it developing on a variety of things from Clothes to Curtains to Food. Even my Trainers managed to get mold on them once or twice.
Anything that is dead and left lying around. Like dead Foxes or Birds. Seen some that have been run over. Saw a dying fox that had been hit once. Saw a Bird get run over about three meters away from me.
Stains on the floor in any Bathroom. Just makes me a little concerned as to what the said stains are. Could be anything really, lol.
Older people who have not looked after themselves, showing too much flesh. I'm not really a fan of hot young people doing it. So that just really adds fuel to the fire.

1. Not washing your hands after touching raw meat.
2. Not flushing the toilet.
3. Peeing on the toilet.
4. Smelly bathrooms.
5. Picking up Dog Poop.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Farting in my face

You um, have that one happen to you a lot?

perfanoff said:
Oh my god Phaedron, I inadvertently made something like scrapple one time I experimented with my cooking. Easily the most disgusting thing I have put in my mouth.

Yep... look it up at your own risk... and to actually expect me to eat it when it's been out and unrefrigerated for 6 hours.... I'd have a hard time eating it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back