Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that I wasn't trying to minimize the impact of the misogyny going on here. I don't blame you women for objecting to it. It is disrespectful. All I can say is that I felt bad about attacking Loser#1 in such a harsh fashion.

On the other hand, he was out of line and his remarks were offensive to our female members. I'm not saying that I share his view on women. I just thought we went a little overboard in correcting him.

In all fairness, being a guy, I can't say what it feels like to be a woman and to have those kind of offensive words hurled at me. Either way, I was just feeling bad about it. I never intended to disrespect and misunderstand the magnitude of the offensive words from Loser#1 directed at our female members.

ajdass1 said:
LoneKiller said:
I don't think that I am going to make any friends with this post but I've got to get this off my chest. Regardless of Loser#1's opinion on women in my "How Would You React To Catching Your Significant Other In Bed With Someone Else?" thread, I can't help but feel bad for my words.

Although his opinion however brazen it seemed to me, I can't help but feel that maybe we were a little too hard on him. Although I disagree with his opinion, and I still mean what I said, I think that ganging up on him like we did wasn't fair.

I can't speak for anyone else, but all I know is that I'm feeling pretty bad about myself right now. I mean no disrespect to the other members. I'm just trying to be honest with my feelings. I hope you all don't think less of me.

I went and read the thread so that I could find out what this is all about. He got ganged up on because he was being blatantly misogynistic and a bunch of people called him out on it. And I would certainly not say that they were too hard on him at all.

+1

I choked on my Icee twice while I was reading this. The other parents here at monkey joes must think me truly mad. Lol

In all fairness, being a guy, I can't say what it feels like to be a woman and to have those kind of offensive words hurled at me.
i'm a guy, but i have female friends, and it bothers me just the same i think. all of my coworkers and friends are of mixed races, and i feel the same about racism as well. ive had people whisper racist remakes to me about others, probably because i'm a typical looking white guy and they think it's ok? but i feel insulted personally myself. and honestly, gender bashing or homophobia is no different at the core.
it frustrates me and i dont just feel it due to some prehistoric urge to be a man and defend the honor or the opressed.. I feel it because I know it's not right and the more people say that type of thing the more some "less informed" people may believe it and pass it to their children.

Perhaps as a NEW MEMBER you can consider a new members opinion -

I don't ask you to agree, but as I will always do so - request you disagree with RESPECT

I see nothing but politeness in LK's post stating his reactions may have been too harsh.

The post LK was referring to was alarming, but also open to interpretation of the individual reader to how much offence it caused.

Personally it made me 'raise my eyebrows' and I don't profess to have wanted to read anything more like it at all.

I also appreciate if many insightful/ insulting comments have been made in reference to women often as a matter of course, that the initial post (not LK's) may have sparked unresolved issues and justified anger against similar remarks. I am not for one second suggesting that comments made here were derogative in retaliation - but obviously used merely as an analogy.

But things said in THIS thread still does not make good reading from a new members perspective. Such Posts may not be directed at new members but they certainly put them off posting. Because who want to get involved in a swearing riot either.

A similar thread that mentioned protecting new members was ended - but again when reading it was the swearing and lack of respect that is the most off putting.

I am not bias to anyone - I am merely saying that I don't think verbally punching back( even if merited) is doing any favours or encouraging new members to contribute.

After all being Lonely is not a happy event and when people have just found themselves in such a position - they will browse all the forum and the last thing the will want to find is a post like of a verbal rugby scrum. Or insulted as a woman or man.

They might join but are not going to be concerned about entering too many posts.

Don't get me wrong I am not a wuss saying people should not get angry or ever swear - but please also think of those viewing this for the first time looking for help - such posts will put them off.

I am saying this because I LIKE this forum and its members - please don't ruin what you do best or people might as well join forums with less sensitive intentions.

Sorry, but as a caring individual who is new, but also sees all sides - I have just felt it necessary to say this for the people who want to join in who you also could benefit from conversations. And I don't mean myself as I have already done so.

Please take on board what I have said - because newbies don't know what has gone on previously all they see is a current over heated swearing debate developing.

There is no blame - only solutions

Thank you for your time

Personally, I have a tremendous amount of respect for all animals. The things they are capable of absolutely amazes me.
The two videos below of the Bear and Lion are testament to their sense of courage, and brute power. Not to mention the abilities of countless other animal breeds. Do you respect animals? If so, what is it that you respect about them?

P.S. I could kick that Bear's ass in 10 seconds flat!

[YOUTUBE]lhMvSIFu8ww[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]au6eWDo1rAk[/YOUTUBE]

I'll add one more. Must see!!

[YOUTUBE]uRChY7uzvSg[/YOUTUBE]

i respect them because there so loyal to humans and there a creation of mother nature

curly94 said:
i respect them because there so loyal to humans and there a creation of mother nature
Have you ever noticed that we as humans, often move into their territory and we have the nerve to call them a nuisance when they eat the vegetables in our gardens and leftovers in our trash?

Lost Drifter said:
How can you not respect the intelligent species?
Hi Drifter.:)
You'd be amazed at how many people think that animals are dumb. What's really dumb, is those people's way of thinking.

i'm one of these people who's always been fascinated by animals of all kinds. Their evolution, their instincts, even their features. My boyfriend laughs at me because i love watching documentaries but i get really into them, almost to the point of not wanting to blink in case i miss anything. With regards to domestic animals, i'm a complete softie. I always ask passers by if they'd mind me stroking their dogs, and i've always had cats in my life. My nan was the crazy cat lady that had about ten so i learnt about companionship and loss from a really early age which i found valuable. I also had my own cat from the age of four, and sadly had to have him put to sleep a year ago, so i'd had him 21 years and basically grew up with him. There will be people here who say i'm crazy cut we used to have a way of communicating with eachother that always let me know what he needed, and i dont just mean food, he didn't like going outside alone in his old age but refused to use a litter tray. He'd always know how to tell me he wanted to go out, he'd have a way of looking at me and kinda nodding with a little certain noise looking for approval to jump up onto my lap for cuddles. I've never known such unconditional love! They see you at your worst but love you anyway, and its not just because they need you. Pets wander for miles and quite often have a second home where they get affection and food, its more than that, its loyalty respect and love. My cat was my best friend and it still hurts to this day having lost him

Yesss... they have feelings too so of course. I kept thinking of different captions for each of these vids... lol

1. This looks close enough to a refrigerator...I'll take it!
2. Back up Jack!
3. Owned. (When the fish was not real)

Okiedokes said:
Yesss... they have feelings too so of course. I kept thinking of different captions for each of these vids... lol

1. This looks close enough to a refrigerator...I'll take it!
2. Back up Jack!
3. Owned. (When the fish was not real)
lol

I completely respect animals and when I see abuse I feel ashamed to be human.

Un-lke humans. They take only what they need

REF taking over their environment

I brought an old down property, it was like sleeping beauty's castle encased in brambles and had a studio built at the bottom of the garden. A huge old fox sat on the roof every day and it turned out the brambles had been his home for years since he was young. So we built him a den at the back of the studio.

I know people in the UK hate foxes - but the old fella didn't ask to be here and it was his home long before it was mine.

I love animals. Yes I respect them.
They fascinate me. I love watching birds fly by.
Watching butterflies. Seeing cats run around all hyper.
Doggies playing. I watch Animal Planet. :)
So of course! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back