Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SophiaGrace said:
I love that texting is prevalent. I can't call people because i'm nonverbal. Texting and facebook are how I talk to people. That and email.

Don't forget those that're deaf/disabled. They like texting and for good reason! If it wasn't so prevalent we couldn't communicate with others and it'd be a hassle for people to accomodate us and we'd be even more socially isolated than we already are.
Well. I can't argue with that. Good points made SophiaGrace.:)

Mike413 said:
Any Geiko commercial. They think they are being cute and clever but it gets old after a while. THere are probably a lot of others but those are the ones that stand out for me for some reason.
Oh! I'm with you on that one boss. Very annoying indeed.

LoneKiller said:
If you want to talk, pick up a Goddamn phone.

I don't want to talk. I talk for a living. I talk on podcasts. So when I communicate with people, I prefer to just text.

Calls cost too much, lol. I don't see any special appeal to texting. But I find it handy at times.

Handy {noun}
Your home phone, your work phone, your cellphone, your yacht phone.

Oh the pun!

9006 said:
LoneKiller said:
Man. I've got to get more current.

That depends on how much it bothers you, I wouldn't feel obligated just because others are doing it. Look at Facebook, most other people are doing that... fresia that honeysuckle.

My sentiments exactly. Facebook is the spawn of the devil...

Am I the only one who adores the Subaru ads? Those marketers know what they're doing.

I use texting.. to hide? From conversations. I dunno.. I have issues with it.

rdor said:
...a bit arrogant to think we all live in the US.

Do you mean me? Others mentioned specific ads too regardless of how international they are.

Besides you can see a lot of ads on youtube, no matter what country you live in.

I'm sick and tired of hearing "Pure Michigan" commercials all the time on the radio. Not only do they come on at just about every commercial break, but they're one of the most cliche-sounding commercials I've ever heard. Anyone from Michigan who can relate?

Well, some people don't really like talking on the phone (such as myself), so text messaging is an easy substitute. It's also quicker if you don't have time to talk on the phone, or are busy doing something else.

The only thing about it that I don't like is when people try to have normal conversations via texting (in that case, just send an email!), and when people use text lingo-all it does is make you sound lazy or not bright enough to have a normal conversation (just my opinion).

I don't get that either...Although, I can barely send this reply to you. I can't even leave a message on the "contact us" section of this forum!

finoman said:
I don't get that either...Although, I can barely send this reply to you. I can't even leave a message on the "contact us" section of this forum!
Hi finoman. Welcome to the forum.:)

What do you mean by barely? Is your computer running slow or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back