honeysuckle! I think I found someone!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawx79 said:
I really did meet her and I could tell she clearly liked me a lot. We gave each other's numbers. However now I'm having trouble already.
She has not responded to mine phone messages in in 24 hours already. We sent each other messages on the phone before and her last message written to me she wrote that she only received half of my last message! I sent 3 more messages after that yesterday and 1 more today. She still hasn't responded.
Maybe she changed her mind about me and started to think about my bad sides the day after.
Don't know if I should just to call her in a few days later to see if i can get more clarification from her, or wait for her to respond to my messages.
The uncertainty is killing me.

Sorry to hear that. I would wait for her to get in touch now. I hope she does. Try not to worry though.

I called her and she said she doesn't like texting and I should call from now on. It stil wasn't a nice thing to do, she could have let me know that instead of let me wait hanging. She also sounded much cooler then the first time we met. I asked her out next weekend, she said ok, but I won't be surprised she may come with an excuse then.
I clearly understand why so many men these days are so bitter and lonely, and I'm re joining there ranks again.
Oh well I guess at least I wont have to ever clean baby asses!

Hawx79 said:
I called her and she said she doesn't like texting and I should call from now on. It stil wasn't a nice thing to do, she could have let me know that instead of let me wait hanging. She also sounded much cooler then the first time we met. I asked her out next weekend, she said ok, but I won't be surprised she may come with an excuse then.
I clearly understand why so many men these days are so bitter and lonely, and I'm re joining there ranks again.

A woman who doesn't like texting !
I don't buy that !
You are learning how it works. I have been thru it a few times. The sad truth is she has probably a few fella's and you are just one of them. And she likes one of the others more than you. If you have doubts (and you seem to have) I wouldn't bother contacting her again.

Hawx79 said:
TheSkaFish said:
Hawx79 said:
I cant believe it, a girl that actually likes me and text me back and asking if I wanted to go to dinner with her!
I feel so weird and fuzzy! In shock actually at the moment.
I never had a girlfriend before and im already afraid im gonna blow this up.
Now im feeling emotionally drained, feeling empty and clueless but also safe! So weird!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you meet this person? One of my biggest concerns is just not ever finding anyone again that I'd actually be interested in. I haven't met anyone through my friends that really turns me on, and there doesn't seem to be many options for me online either. I also think that in the field I'll eventually get a job in, it would be very unlikely for me to meet anyone there that would have the traits that I like.

You should lower you standard is my advice. See women for the inner beauty more.

Just a minor semantic note, I would not call the search for inner beauty (true beauty) "lowering one's standards." Rather, I would call it correcting one's priorities.

Hawx79 said:

Why be bitter... Whether it does or doesn't pan out how you'd like, being bitter only affects you. It seems to me that bitterness is what happens when some people don't learn from experiences.

jd7 said:
Hawx79 said:
TheSkaFish said:
Hawx79 said:
I cant believe it, a girl that actually likes me and text me back and asking if I wanted to go to dinner with her!
I feel so weird and fuzzy! In shock actually at the moment.
I never had a girlfriend before and im already afraid im gonna blow this up.
Now im feeling emotionally drained, feeling empty and clueless but also safe! So weird!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you meet this person? One of my biggest concerns is just not ever finding anyone again that I'd actually be interested in. I haven't met anyone through my friends that really turns me on, and there doesn't seem to be many options for me online either. I also think that in the field I'll eventually get a job in, it would be very unlikely for me to meet anyone there that would have the traits that I like.

You should lower you standard is my advice. See women for the inner beauty more.

Just a minor semantic note, I would not call the search for inner beauty (true beauty) "lowering one's standards." Rather, I would call it correcting one's priorities.

+1

Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:

I don't buy that !
You are learning how it works. I have been thru it a few times. The sad truth is she has probably a few fella's and you are just one of them. And she likes one of the others more than you. If you have doubts (and you seem to have) I wouldn't bother contacting her again.

Yeah you must be right. I'm just in shock how someone can be into you so much one day, only turning around about you the next! It seems so heartless.
I'm slowly coming to peace with it. Tying to see it on the bright side by telling myself life is easier when you're single anyway.

Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:

I don't buy that !

Whoa.

Lot of assumptions going on here.

A lot of negative ones, and a lot of gendered ones that're mean towards women.

Geez.

Try contacting her in the mode she wants you to contact her. Try not to take it personally if it doesn't work out. But, I see by your comment about baby asses that you already have...

It was a date, not a marriage. She doesn't have to commit anything to you. Just be kind to her and if it works out, great, if it doesnt, oh well. Try again, and avoid talking down about women in general if it doesn't work out.

Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:

I don't buy that !

Yeah you must be right. I'm just in shock how someone can be into you so much one day, only turning around about you the next! It seems so heartless.
I'm slowly coming to peace with it. Tying to see it on the bright side by telling myself life is easier when you're single anyway.

So, I'm going to assume she is a single mother of a 4 year old?
First, most 4 yo's are potty trained, so it's unlikely that you would have to clean any baby asses. :rolleyes:
Second, she's a single mother of a 4 year old, she's going to have bad days and she may just be annoyed for no reason at all. It's not easy raising a child on your own.

Cut her some **** slack. Also, back off a bit, as Soph said, it was one date.

SophiaGrace said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:

I don't buy that !

Whoa.

Geez.

Try contacting her in the mode she wants you to contact her. Try not to take it personally if it doesn't work out. But, I see by your comment about baby asses that you already have...

It was a date, not a marriage. She doesn't have to commit anything to you. Just be kind to her and if it works out, great, if it doesnt, oh well. Try again, and avoid talking down about women in general if it doesn't work out.

I have been heartbroken now several times and I admit my view on women has been slightly twisted now. But if she would ever contact me, of course ill be nice.
I'm not so sure if I should contact her. I want to but I think ill only shoot myself in the foot by doing this.

TheRealCallie said:
Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:

I don't buy that !

First, most 4 yo's are potty trained, so it's unlikely that you would have to clean any baby asses. :rolleyes:
Second, she's a single mother of a 4 year old, she's going to have bad days and she may just be annoyed for no reason at all. It's not easy raising a child on your own.

Your annoying!
I wasn't talking about her 4 year old ass...
It was just one date, but that was enough for me to really really like her. And she let it know to me she felt the same, but the next day she had a total different attitude to me.

SophiaGrace said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:

I don't buy that !

Whoa.

Geez.

yeah well how would you expect me to think ?
That's my experience of women. It's bitter but so what ?

As friends and work mates - I like women very much. But the few I have got involved with have treated me like garbage.

Triple Bogey said:

As friends and work mates - I like women very much. But the few I have got involved with have treated me like garbage.

I'm sorry that you've had such bad luck with women.

I think, you're stuck with the thought that this is your only possible response to what you've experienced. It's not. And, it was somewhat disheartening to see you discourage Hawx before the date even began by telling him not to get his hopes up, projecting your own negative experiences onto him.

I'm sorry you've been through everything you have. A thought: your negative perception of women/dating may inhibit any future success you could potentially have. I bet it affects how you'd behave in a relationship/towards dating in general.

This is totally random but I'm a girl, and I hate texting. Do you know how much effort it takes to have a conversation via text? All that time that's wasted by you focusing on your phone, typing, whilst you can't do anything else. If you're calling you can at least still poop, pee, iron, eat, cook, make homework..

I only call people and I refuse to message my friends back and they literally hate me for it but they've gotten used to it. I don't think it's good to give the guy negative ideas like "she probably has a few fella's". Sigh. It's okay if you're bitter but you shouldn't press your view onto him. Hawx, don't give up on this woman, please?

Hawx79 said:
SophiaGrace said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:

I don't buy that !

Whoa.

Geez.

I have been heartbroken now several times and I admit my view on women has been slightly twisted now. But if she would ever contact me, of course ill be nice.
I'm not so sure if I should contact her. I want to but I think ill only shoot myself in the foot by doing this.

TheRealCallie said:
Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:

I don't buy that !

Your annoying!
It was just one date, but that was enough for me to really really like her. And she let it know to me she felt the same, but the next day she had a total different attitude to me.

I know how you feel because it has happened to me several times. You meet someone after years and years of rejection and a few days later it is finished for no reason. We get our hopes lifted and then everything goes to honeysuckle. And we are supposed to just shrug it off and carry on and not feel the tiny bit let down. Nobody who has been in relationships knows how this feels. To criticises us for been bitter ? It's wrong, totally !

Hawx79 said:
Your annoying!

Thank you (It's YOU'RE, btw :D )

From reading your posts, it seems like you get attached to anyone that gives you even the slightest bit of a "relationship." You need to learn how to separate fantasy from reality, IMO. You can't even KNOW a person after one date, so how can you know you REALLY REALLY like her?

Triple Bogey said:
I know how you feel because it has happened to me several times. You meet someone after years and years of rejection and a few days later it is finished for no reason. We get our hopes lifted and then everything goes to honeysuckle. And we are supposed to just shrug it off and carry on and not feel the tiny bit let down. Nobody who has been in relationships knows how this feels. To criticises us for been bitter ? It's wrong, totally !

Wait wait wait....so someone who has been in a relationship can't possibly know what rejection feels like?

Be bitter all you want, but don't generalize the entire female species because you deem them unworthy because of a few rejections.

SophiaGrace said:
Triple Bogey said:

I'm sorry that you've had such bad luck with women.

I think, you're stuck with the thought that this is your only possible response to what you've experienced. It's not. And, it was somewhat disheartening to see you discourage Hawx before the date even began by telling him not to get his hopes up, projecting your own negative experiences onto him.

I'm sorry you've been through everything you have. A thought: your negative perception of women/dating may inhibit any future success you could potentially have. I bet it affects how you'd behave in a relationship/towards dating in general.

Yes you are right. I did discourage Hawk too much. I hope he meets this woman and it turns out okay. He does have a date I believe. I was wrong. I apologise to him and everybody who contributed to this thread.

I mean he's not me so he has a chance. Yes I am negative and of course it effects any future success because I won't even try anymore. I am beyond trying. Just had enough of it.

Rainbows said:
If you're calling you can at least still poop, pee, iron, eat, cook, make homework..

Uhm. Couldn't someone hear you peeing/pooping....if you did it while calling them?

*blink-blink*

TheRealCallie said:
Hawx79 said:
Your annoying!

Thank you (It's YOU'RE, btw :D )

From reading your posts, it seems like you get attached to anyone that gives you even the slightest bit of a "relationship." You need to learn how to separate fantasy from reality, IMO. You can't even KNOW a person after one date, so how can you know you REALLY REALLY like her?

Triple Bogey said:

Wait wait wait....so someone who has been in a relationship can't possibly know what rejection feels like?

Be bitter all you want, but don't generalize the entire female species because you deem them unworthy because of a few rejections.

I mean people who get rejected all the time. Like me.

You know Triple, I do honestly feel bad for you. I think a lot of us do, because we do want to help you but we just don't know how to. We can tell you to stop being negative, but it's all up to you. If I could, I'd give some of my optimisim to you - but it's impossible. You can create optimism for yourself though, but you need to begin with keep on trying. Giving up won't get you anywhere except to dark places.

I know I'm just a kid talking to you over the internet, but there's so many things in life that could keep you going. Please keep searching?

SophiaGrace said:
Rainbows said:
If you're calling you can at least still poop, pee, iron, eat, cook, make homework..

Uhm. Couldn't someone hear you peeing/pooping....if you did it while calling them?

*blink-blink*

I'm not sure. I skype all the time while peeing/pooing and they've never heard it. :p

Triple Bogey said:
I mean he's not me so he has a chance. Yes I am negative and of course it effects any future success because I won't even try anymore. I am beyond trying. Just had enough of it.

The part in bold really says a lot about your own perception of yourself. I sense a lot of pain.

Rainbows said:

SophiaGrace said:
Rainbows said:

*blink-blink*

I'm not sure. I skype all the time while peeing/pooing and they've never heard it. :p

What if they're too polite to say anything?! lol

Latest posts

Back