honeysuckle! I think I found someone!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
Triple Bogey said:
I mean he's not me so he has a chance. Yes I am negative and of course it effects any future success because I won't even try anymore. I am beyond trying. Just had enough of it.

The part in bold really says a lot about your own perception of yourself. I sense a lot of pain.

Rainbows said:

SophiaGrace said:
Rainbows said:
If you're calling you can at least still poop, pee, iron, eat, cook, make homework..

Uhm. Couldn't someone hear you peeing/pooping....if you did it while calling them?

*blink-blink*

I'm not sure. I skype all the time while peeing/pooing and they've never heard it. :p

What if they're too polite to say anything?! lol

I usually announce it. "Guys, I'm pooping." .. then I mute myself when the poop drops! and then I unmute.. duuuuuh.

Rainbows said:
You know Triple, I do honestly feel bad for you. I think a lot of us do, because we do want to help you but we just don't know how to. We can tell you to stop being negative, but it's all up to you. If I could, I'd give some of my optimisim to you - but it's impossible. You can create optimism for yourself though, but you need to begin with keep on trying. Giving up won't get you anywhere except to dark places.

I know I'm just a kid talking to you over the internet, but there's so many things in life that could keep you going. Please keep searching?

SophiaGrace said:
Rainbows said:
If you're calling you can at least still poop, pee, iron, eat, cook, make homework..

Uhm. Couldn't someone hear you peeing/pooping....if you did it while calling them?

*blink-blink*

I'm not sure. I skype all the time while peeing/pooing and they've never heard it. :p

Thanks but there is no need to feel bad. I have rather enjoyed this year. I enjoy my life very much because I have given up. No stress, never been upset once.
Why try when you have no chance whatsoever ?

Triple Bogey said:
I have rather enjoyed this year. I enjoy my life very much because I have given up. No stress, never been upset once.

You say you are happy and that you enjoy life more but you don't seem happy...

There's a sense of hopelessness.

SophiaGrace said:
Triple Bogey said:
I have rather enjoyed this year. I enjoy my life very much because I have given up. No stress, never been upset once.

You say you are happy and that you enjoy life more but you don't seem happy...

There's a sense of hopelessness.

That's because I come on here to just have a moan and rant about things. Once I leave my computer I am fine enough. It's a forum for that reason. I do post my photo's on here as well which is positive. I can't write things on facebook or twitter like I do on here. It would be embarrassing. People I know reading them.

I think anybody can have quite a nice life without a partner. That's a conclusion I have come to. I do feel hopeless with regards to attracting a woman.

I find it interesting that males here complain more frequently about rejection than females do.
That's not aimed at anyone nor intended to get the thread off topic. It makes me ponder the reasons behind it is all. I'm sure the ladies here have been rejected plenty of times (myself included). They may be somewhat bitter as well - I think a lot of rejection might naturally lead to some of that. But females appear to be less vocal about it in my experience. Anyway, just something I was pondering....

To the OP - give her some space. If she's still interested, she will let you know. When you contact her, please do use the contact method she suggested.
:) Good luck.

EveWasFramed said:
I find it interesting that males here complain more frequently about rejection than females do.
That's not aimed at anyone nor intended to get the thread off topic. It makes me ponder the reasons behind it is all. I'm sure the ladies here have been rejected plenty of times (myself included). They may be somewhat bitter as well - I think a lot of rejection might naturally lead to some of that. But females appear to be less vocal about it in my experience. Anyway, just something I was pondering....

The major reason why men are more vocal about it? Is because 90% of the time we're the ones bearing the rejection. We do the approaching and asking most of the time. Most women aren't vocal about it, as its something not that common for them.

Wanderer145 said:
EveWasFramed said:

The major reason why men are more vocal about it? Is because 90% of the time we're the ones bearing the rejection. We do the approaching and asking most of the time. Most women aren't vocal about it, as its something not that common for them.

I agree

So...you two gentleman are - if I'm understanding you correctly - saying that males are more vocal because they receive a higher number of rejections than women, because men do more of the asking?

I found it folks.

UberFacts

‏@UberFacts
Men tend to overestimate women's interest in them, and women tend to underestimate men's interest.
Reply Retweet Favorite
More RETWEETS 2,242 FAVORITES
8:17 PM - 11 Nov 2014

Rainbows said:
SophiaGrace said:

I usually announce it. "Guys, I'm pooping." .. then I mute myself when the poop drops! and then I unmute.. duuuuuh.

Well, if you mute yourself then I guess that solves the ew factor. :)

SophiaGrace said:
Rainbows said:
SophiaGrace said:

Well, if you mute yourself then I guess that solves the ew factor. :)

I've been known to cut nails when Skyping, can't say anyone's figured it out yet :D

The bickering doesn't need to happen in this thread.

Wanderer145 said:
EveWasFramed said:

Not common for an entire gender? That's like saying an entire race doesn't really do one thing. Rejection doesn't require anything but someone declining an offer. Has nothing to do with gender, or race, or religion, or anything else that someone wants to throw blame at.

Maybe there seems to be more guys saying something about it because they're more sensitive than most of them want to lead on. There's nothing wrong with being told no. There's nothing wrong with someone denying advances. We're not always supposed to get our way.

VanillaCreme said:
The bickering doesn't need to happen in this thread.

Not common for an entire gender? That's like saying an entire race doesn't really do one thing. Rejection doesn't require anything but someone declining an offer. Has nothing to do with gender, or race, or religion, or anything else that someone wants to throw blame at.

Maybe there seems to be more guys saying something about it because they're more sensitive than most of them want to lead on. There's nothing wrong with being told no. There's nothing wrong with someone denying advances. We're not always supposed to get our way.

Rejection happens in different capacities here. I'm talking about rejection from a dating standpoint. Men get frustrated with making so many advancements on women and have nothing to show for it. Inevitably that would make one want to question why they have to deal with rejection from women. Men do the approach and ask most of the time. Have you approached every man you liked and asked them out on a date? Or did they come to you?

You're right there's nothing wrong about being told no..but as with many people on this site its not easy dealing with it over and over again and for some we dont get our way despite trying.

Wanderer145 said:
Rejection happens in different capacities here. I'm talking about rejection from a dating standpoint. Men get frustrated with making so many advancements on women and have nothing to show for it. Inevitably that would make one want to question why they have to deal with rejection from women. Men do the approach and ask most of the time. Have you approached every man you liked and asked them out on a date? Or did they come to you?

You're right there's nothing wrong about being told no..but as with many people on this site its not easy dealing with it over and over again and for some we dont get our way despite trying.

I have approached and asked men out if I was inclined to want to go out with them. That's not to say I haven't been asked out by men, though. Sometimes, I'm just simply not into someone, so I say no. Sometimes, I don't know, so I go out with them and then say no to more dates.

No, it's not easy dealing with rejection, but it's on YOU how you deal with that rejection. You can blame the female (or male, depending on who you are) race all you want, but it doesn't make it their fault. Chances are, if you are getting rejected, you are either after the wrong type of person (not talking about that status bullshit here), you are doing something that brings about the rejection (such as projecting how much you just KNOW you will get rejected again, or the girl/guy simply isn't interested. Sometimes, it is NOTHING against you or who you are or what you do or even what you look like, sometimes it's just not going to happen.

Rainbows said:
Hawx, don't give up on this woman, please?
Believe me, I don't want to give up on her, but what do you expect, by the last call of her sudden cold turn on me. I think I will call her one last time this weekend to confirm if our date still continues. If she declines, that will be the last of me trying to find someone. Im just so tired of all the pain and uncertainty that comes with it, why try if you know you can only lose?

But you know, Ive started to realize that if she rejects me it will actually be her loss.
She struggles in life, she smokes and drinks, her poor father died when she was one and after her divorce she had a boyfriend who also left her because he was cheating on his own wife for her and but eventually went back to his wife, and she had no clue he was married at that time!
Ive always found it a huge turn off when women smoke or drink, but with her I dont seem to mind at all and I'll treat her kid as if my own and I would support her and her family gladly.
If she was smart she would choose me cause I really care about her and Id never leave her.

TheRealCallie said:
From reading your posts, it seems like you get attached to anyone that gives you even the slightest bit of a "relationship." You need to learn how to separate fantasy from reality, IMO. You can't even KNOW a person after one date, so how can you know you REALLY REALLY like her?

Err, im not even going to try here...
Triple Bogey said:
SophiaGrace said:
Triple Bogey said:
I'm sorry you've been through everything you have. A thought: your negative perception of women/dating may inhibit any future success you could potentially have. I bet it affects how you'd behave in a relationship/towards dating in general.

Yes you are right. I did discourage Hawk too much. I hope he meets this woman and it turns out okay. He does have a date I believe. I was wrong. I apologise to him and everybody who contributed to this thread.

I mean he's not me so he has a chance. Yes I am negative and of course it effects any future success because I won't even try anymore. I am beyond trying. Just had enough of it.

No need to apologize, I think you're the one who is closest to the truth. You're tread was painful to accept but it at least opened my eyes.

Hawx79 said:
But you know, Ive started to realize that if she rejects me it will actually be her loss.
She struggles in life, she smokes and drinks, her poor father died when she was one and after her divorce she had a boyfriend who also left her because he was cheating on his own wife for her and but eventually went back to his wife, and she had no clue he was married at that time!
Ive always found it a huge turn off when women smoke or drink, but with her I dont seem to mind at all and I'll treat her kid as if my own and I would support her and her family gladly.
If she was smart she would choose me cause I really care about her and Id never leave her.

That's a good attitude to have. Hope I am not stepping out of line here but she sounds like she would be a bit of a handful emotionally, to be involved with.

I don't mean to sound harsh because I know what it's like to struggle and would love to find someone myself, but I couldn't deal with someone who had these kinds of issues. It would drag me down further.

hmm...Im not too sure that I explained my observation well enough.
To know why men appear more vocal about the issue, perhaps we need to understand why women are less vocal about it, for there to be a proper comparison? I'm not even really asking about rejection itself, more the tendency for males to be more vocal about it. A personality trait perhaps?

EveWasFramed said:
hmm...Im not too sure that I explained my observation well enough.
To know why men appear more vocal about the issue, perhaps we need to understand why women are less vocal about it, for there to be a proper comparison? I'm not even really asking about rejection itself, more the tendency for males to be more vocal about it. A personality trait perhaps?

Well maybe I am the exception here but as a female, I have been rejected so many times by men that I don't even bother to show interest anymore.

Minty said:
Hawx79 said:

That's a good attitude to have. Hope I am not stepping out of line here but she sounds like she would be a bit of a handful emotionally, to be involved with.

I don't mean to sound harsh because I know what it's like to struggle and would love to find someone myself, but I couldn't deal with someone who had these kinds of issues. It would drag me down further.

Her self esteem did have some beating from past experiences, but she is pretty strong person.
Some would see it as a struggle to be with someone like that, but to me I'd just love to try to make her happy.

Latest posts

Back