House finale

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenissilent

Reaction score
I'm not sure what my all-time favorite show is, but House is definitely in the running. No matter who the other characters were or how bad the overall show around him was, I always loved watching the cranky, sarcastic jerk. There was a lot I could relate to: the sarcasm, the love of puzzles, the loneliness, and, to an extent, some of the less-flattering traits.

I'm going to try to avoid spoiling it for anyone who might not have seen it and might be planning to do so, but there may still be some light spoilers here. Of course, the thing I liked most was seeing so many of the old faces again, although I obviously wanted to see you-know-who, even just to check in. That bit that the montage covered was cool as it wrapped up a lot of individual storylines and saw those characters off into the rest of their lives in a nice way.

As for the crux of the story and the resolution, I thought it was a great way to take House back to the Holmes inspiration (I've never read any Holmes, but I know some of the basics and the similarities between the two characters). The end was touching, and in a way, it's what I would've wanted for my favorite TV doc. But the most interesting part for me is the fact that House finally found supposed redemption in one final, extreme act of self-destruction.

I already find myself missing this show, knowing there will be no more mocking and insulting patients for the lies they've told or the things they've done to themselves. And with the Closer also ending soon, I'm going to have to find some new shows to watch.

Urg! can't wait till I get home so I can watch this on a real net connection! Stupid hotel dialup speeds!

Ak5 said:
I loved the finale.

I own Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. ;)

I'll catch up to you. I don't have many other shows to distract me, and I missed a lot of 6 and 7. Have you seen anything about this upcoming show Mob Doctor? What do you think? It looks a little like a House ripoff to me, but in the absence of the real thing, I'll give it a shot.

Latest posts

Back