How do you make an omlette out of bad eggs ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
beautiful loser said:
"Has anyone ever sincerely complimented how you look? "That's a nice shirt on you." "I like that hat." It's happened to me occasionally and then I think, hmm, maybe I do look nice with my hair that way or that color shirt and so I keep those looks. Maybe you could try that."

I'm the same way, Teresa. In fact, two women at work always tell me my shirts smell nice...thank you, Suavitel fabric softener...so I stick to using it :) But yeah, I usually wear colors I've been told look good on me or stay with the same style glass frames. Every little bit helps ;)

never

BeyondShy said:
I have to applaud you Bogey for making a thread like this because I realize it is a hard thing to talk about. I wish I had the courage to do something similar but it will be a cold day in hell before I do that in here because I'm sure some people will get a kick out of it and I am just not going to give them the chance.

TheRealCallie said:
Why on earth would you never use moisturizer? Is there some kind of taboo against men using creams and lotions that I don't know about?

Lotion is lotion, regardless of what you call it. It's a good tool to use to keep your skin healthy and protect it from certain damages. You may want to consider changing your mind on that never, because it's an easy, simple, inexpensive way to help how you look or how you'll look a few years from now.

You're right. Let's say if you have an outside job and your skin gets dry. A skin moisturizer used daily will help with that.

Veruca said:
When you posted that picture of yourself, if I remember correctly, quite a few of us left positive comments. But I get it, sometimes when you feel awful about yourself, its hard to remember the positive because the negative is just so overwhelming.

Good post except for this part. There were not "quite a few of us" leaving positive comments when he posted his photo. He did not have it up for long. I happened to have been there when he made his post (look on page 923 of that thread) and I made a comment. Peaches made a comment that she missed it. That's it

Don't quote your pal, I never read her stuff. She is on my ignore list.

This thread was a mistake because I always get called the same thing. Creepy. I would never call anybody that. But I get called it all the time.

I don't think you look creepy at all, TB. Not at all. If anything might come off as creepy, it could be your attitude, or behaviour on certain things (generically speaking, not saying that this is how you are, cos I don't know how you are in person). Don't think your appearance gives that off.

Xpendable said:
VanillaCreme said:
Not everyone thinks Ferrari is better. Some would honestly prefer a Fiat. And I wouldn't consider that settling, especially if that's what one truly prefers.

You'll never seen a millionaire drive a fiat 600, because they are beyond covering basic necessities. The same way a supermodel wouldn't date an ugly and broke person because they can attract a bigger variety of people. The more possibilities you got, more chances are you would want to pick the best one. People adapt their preferences to their possibilities, it's the only way to cope with expectation.

Having money doesn't mean someone can't be humble. If I was a billionaire, I'd still want to drive a Dodge Ram. It's about personal preference anyway. And just because something fits and makes sense, doesn't mean it can't be gone against. God forbid someone thinks their own way...

Solivagant said:
I don't like Ferraris. Having an ostentatious car is not important to everyone.

Exactly.

I prefer my eggs over easy. Laid back, relaxed and dippable. Mhm that makes a good man. :club:

AmytheTemperamental said:
I prefer my eggs over easy. Laid back, relaxed and dippable. Mhm that makes a good man. :club:

Best description ever.

TB you are much to hard on yourself about your looks. While I can understand where you are coming from. We all have our insecurities, mines that the older I get the less desirable I believe myself to be. However, I fight that urge everyday silently.

I do not speak publicly about it till now, why I once sent a picture of myself to a member here and he never contacted me again. I was hurt for the longest time, but I got over it. It was his loss cause he could not see the person, just the outside wrapping.

Its not about how you look on the outside, people like that are not worth knowing. When I picture you, I see an articulate, kind man, with a awesome sense of humor, a magnificent talented photographer, someone I would love to get to know and call friend. Looks does not even enter the equation. If I ever get back to my birth place, I would love to meet you and go for a pint.

Stop dwelling on what you cannot change, and embrace the real TB for he I have no doubt is a wonderful person. Worth knowing and having in ones life. Bright Blessings ^.^

Solivagant said:
I don't like Ferraris. Having an ostentatious car is not important to everyone.

Can you afford one?

ardour said:
I think you overemphasize appearance.

I don't. Since I'm not too physically attractive I don't have to worry about attracting other attractive people. Just describing what I see.

ardour said:
Physical attraction is important in that it's necessary in most cases, but, assuming it's there, people are likely to look for other indicators of compatibility rather than obsessing over having the 'best looking' partner they can find.

It's not about obsessing, but about knowing your options. The people
who obsess with it are the ones who are already attractive. They see the looks first and the compatibility later, that's why their relationships often fail.

VanillaCreme said:
Having money doesn't mean someone can't be humble.

Being humble doesn't mean someone can't have preferences.

VanillaCreme said:
If I was a billionaire, I'd still want to drive a Dodge Ram.

You don't know that.

VanillaCreme said:
It's about personal preference anyway. And just because something fits and makes sense, doesn't mean it can't be gone against.

Yes it can be gone against. It doesn't make it less true.

VanillaCreme said:
God forbid someone thinks their own way...

Tell me about it.

It doesn't matter if someone has money. That doesn't mean they desire the fancy honeysuckle in life because of it.

And yes, I do know that.

Veruca said:
I was actually referring to an earlier post Beyondshy. It was quite some time back and I remember leaving a comment. Not the page 923 one =)

How nice! Well, I feel better.

dang it..I was hoping this was about making omelettes

Nicolelt said:
dang it..I was hoping this was about making omelettes

Ask and you shall receive!

Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat well with a fork.

Put a small frying pan on a low heat and let it get hot. Add a small knob of butter. When the butter has melted and is bubbling, add your eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the cheese, if using (I sometimes grate mine directly on to the omelette).

Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.

*Note: I couldn't follow this at all. ;)

VanillaCreme said:
I don't use salt, but I do use a splash of milk.

I don't know how I like it. All I do is I tell the waitress I want a cheese omelet and a few minutes later I get it. :)

beautiful loser said:
SofiasMami said:
beautiful loser said:
"Has anyone ever sincerely complimented how you look? "That's a nice shirt on you." "I like that hat." It's happened to me occasionally and then I think, hmm, maybe I do look nice with my hair that way or that color shirt and so I keep those looks. Maybe you could try that."

I'm the same way, Teresa. In fact, two women at work always tell me my shirts smell nice...thank you, Suavitel fabric softener...so I stick to using it :) But yeah, I usually wear colors I've been told look good on me or stay with the same style glass frames. Every little bit helps ;)

Oh, Suavitel, I like the smell of that too. Maybe we should send TripleBogey a case of it? :)

-Teresa

LOL Definitely, I'll split the cost with ya ;) Oh yeah, has to be the rose scented in the red bottle. The women would go crazy sniffing his shirt all day long...been there, done that :)

Beautiful loser brought up a good point about scents. We make judgments on what's attractive using all our senses, not just sight or looking at someone, We listen to people's voices and think some voices or tones of voice are more attractive than others.
Scents can lead to powerful thoughts and emotions including judging someone's attractiveness. Whenever I smell roast beef, I'm right back in my grandma's kitchen or I smell fresh baked bread, it puts me in a good mood. There are some perfumes that remind me of people I've known because they wore those scents.
There are a number of stores that pump in low levels of certain scents into their shopping areas. A lot of grocery stores put their bakeries right up front so people can smell the treats as soon as they walk in the door. Why? To influence their feelings and, in turn, their behavior.

So find a sexy scent and wear it, TB! See if you get any positive reactions, all without altering your physical appearance.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
There are a number of stores that pump in low levels of certain scents into their shopping areas.

It's a realtor's trick too. They tell their clients to have the scent of cinnamon in their houses, because they've found it will elicit positive feelings about the house in potential buyers.

I agree about scents. Sometimes you smell someone before you see them, and if it is a scent you find attractive it might make them stop for a second. Also I have seen people strike up conversations from someone saying oh you smell nice.

I have a scent I love. It isn't cheap, but I love wearing it, and giving a spritz lifts me and my confidence in my own skin a little bit. I have had strangers say I like that scent you are wearing before. Worth a try.

VanillaCreme said:
It doesn't matter if someone has money. That doesn't mean they desire the fancy honeysuckle in life because of it.

Doesn't matter every millionaire on earth has fancy honeysuckle.

VanillaCreme said:
And yes, I do know that.

It doesn't have to be a car. Maybe you would get a bigger house or better clothes. You would have expensive travels or eat in 5 stars restaurants. There's a lot of luxuries we don't think about until we have the chance to afford them. I don't like fancy cars either; or cars at all. But if tomorrow I had a million dollars I'm pretty sure buying one wouldn't hurt.

Xpendable said:
VanillaCreme said:

Bill Gates doesn't appear to spend a lot on fancy honeysuckle (maybe homes, I'm not sure).

If you view relationships as fundamentally transactional arrangements then you're dooming yourself to loneliness no matter what.

ardour said:
If you view relationships as fundamentally transactional arrangements then you're dooming yourself to loneliness no matter what.

They are transactional, only not with material things (sometimes)

If you view reproduction as a magical and whimsical mystery you're dooming yourself to call companionship something that isn't.

Xpendable said:
VanillaCreme said:

VanillaCreme said:
And yes, I do know that.

It doesn't have to be a car. Maybe you would get a bigger house or better clothes. You would have expensive travels or eat in 5 stars restaurants. There's a lot of luxuries we don't think about until we have the chance to afford them. I don't like fancy cars either; or cars at all. But if tomorrow I had a million dollars I'm pretty sure buying one wouldn't hurt.
ingvar kamprad comes to mind. Owner of ikea. Not that itll matter to you. And not that any of it is on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back