How do you make an omlette out of bad eggs ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kamya said:
ingvar kamprad comes to mind. Owner of ikea. Not that itll matter to you. And not that any of it is on topic.

Exceptions don't disprove patterns. The ex-president of Uruguay comes to mind too. If you could show me a million exceptions maybe it would mean something.

Except you very clearly said "ALL" millionaires would be that way. But like i said, contrary evidence wouldn't matter to someone like you.

Xpendable said:
kamya said:
ingvar kamprad comes to mind. Owner of ikea. Not that itll matter to you. And not that any of it is on topic.

Exceptions don't disprove patterns. The ex-president of Uruguay comes to mind too. If you could show me a million exceptions maybe it would mean something.

What are you talking about? Can you stop derailing every thread you post in? It's getting really annoying that you just move from example to random example when you don't get the response you want to read.

People just need to stop being so cynical all the time. This thread is getting off topic despite it being beating to death several times already. Please keep it on track instead of hijacking the OP's thread.

kamya said:
Except you very clearly said "ALL" millionaires would be that way. But like i said, contrary evidence wouldn't matter to someone like you.

Is not contrary evidence, is a 0,01 % exception. Yes I said All, my mistake.

(My last comment here, I promise ;))

I saw your picture TB. I didn't think it was bad. Just keep doing what you are already doing with the grooming, and maybe try to dress a little fancier or wear a scent like others were saying. Like I said on that other thread, with guys, looks aren't the biggest factor in being attractive - provided they are interesting and their personality is good. So whatever it is that's keeping the women away from you, I'm sure it isn't looks.

Sci-Fi said:
Haven't you gone on about this before, pretty sure you've made a few threads about looks.
No offense, but I don't think the moderators should criticize people posting topics on a forum that's almost dead, even if topics are relatively similar. Such a behavior seems a bit counter-intuitive. I personally think you should encourage more of this.
'Just my opinion', I guess.

Anyway, TB... I don't care how ugly you are, you're a good person and that is what is most important. That might sound cheesy, but if you should know anything about me it's that I'm not a cheesy person. I do not say things without a good reason.
Sure, looks put people off from you, and you do have to try a bit harder (and anyone who denies that is denying reality), but it doesn't ever stop you from being liked by other good people, or ever stop you from being loved. I have seen very many people I would personally consider not very attractive having a significant other and being adored by them. And in many cases the significant other was a lot more attractive. And sometimes not. It really doesn't matter. Some superficial people might look at others and not understand there is anything deeper than appearance, but those are not really good people to be around. So anyone upset by that fact is looking for things in all the wrong places.

So you should stop worrying. Stress and anxiety creates loneliness a hundred times more than appearances do. Try your best and if that isn't good enough then maybe it's time to look elsewhere for friends/lovers, or approach things in a different way.

Despicable Me said:
Sci-Fi said:
Haven't you gone on about this before, pretty sure you've made a few threads about looks.
No offense, but I don't think the moderators should criticize people posting topics on a forum that's almost dead, even if topics are relatively similar. Such a behavior seems a bit counter-intuitive. I personally think you should encourage more of this.
'Just my opinion', I guess.

Not for nothing, but his comment shouldn't have to relay back to him being any type of moderator or admin on a forum.

VanillaCreme said:
Not for nothing, but his comment shouldn't have to relay back to him being any type of moderator or admin on a forum.
So regular members are supposed to just overlook the fact you have the power to just close any topic that you want at any moment if the conversation seems redundant or meaningless?
Yeah... No. Even if you're not abusing the privilege comments like that still carry more weight to regular members, because you still have the deciding power and regular members have none. I've personally been a moderator/admin in places enough times to know that is simply just how it works. And let's face it, I've seen many regulars here leave due to problems with the moderation staff. So I personally can't see why you take these concerns so lightly. In many ways it seems to undermine your own authority.

So if you want to be seen as regular members without any implications to your posts then why not be regular members and let someone else handle the moderation? It only makes sense, I think.

Despicable Me said:
VanillaCreme said:
So regular members are supposed to just overlook the fact you have the power to just close any topic that you want at any moment if the conversation seems redundant or meaningless?
Yeah... No. Even if you're not abusing the privilege comments like that still carry more weight to regular members, because you still have the deciding power and regular members have none.
And let's face it, I've seen many regulars here leave due to problems with the moderation staff. So I personally can't see why you take these concerns so lightly. In many ways it seems to undermine your own authority.

So if you want to be seen as regular members without any implications to your posts then why not be regular members and let someone else handle the moderation? It only makes sense, I think.

This thread wasn't closed after he had said his thought. If you're wanting to give an example, this is a poor sampling of one. Threads are closed when they're deemed fit to be, and I don't know how you think forums work, but that's usually the moderating team's work to do. The point of being a moderator is to moderate, and in case you don't realize this, I'll explain it to you now - Just because you disagree with it, doesn't mean it's wrong. Everything is done with reason and is logged and reported in a timely manner.

So if you want to argue, do yourself a favor and don't. Because it won't end up in your favor. Don't like how things are done here? I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's not on you to do any moderating here. When that becomes your responsibility, then you can worry about it. But until then, save us all the trouble please.

How do you become a mod?

Btw, stop derailing the thread :mad:

Oh ffs. Please, if anyone has issues or concerns to raise about the moderation on the forum can you please open a new discussion thread or take it to PM, especially when it has been noted how derailed this thread has become. What the hell is this thread about again? TB and his issues. So can we just freakin keep it to that? It might not have to be my problem but it's getting on my nerves.

VanillaCreme said:
Despicable Me said:
VanillaCreme said:
Yeah... No. Even if you're not abusing the privilege comments like that still carry more weight to regular members, because you still have the deciding power and regular members have none.
And let's face it, I've seen many regulars here leave due to problems with the moderation staff. So I personally can't see why you take these concerns so lightly. In many ways it seems to undermine your own authority.

This thread wasn't closed after he had said his thought. If you're wanting to give an example, this is a poor sampling of one. Threads are closed when they're deemed fit to be, and I don't know how you think forums work, but that's usually the moderating team's work to do. The point of being a moderator is to moderate, and in case you don't realize this, I'll explain it to you now - Just because you disagree with it, doesn't mean it's wrong. Everything is done with reason and is logged and reported in a timely manner.

So if you want to argue, do yourself a favor and don't. Because it won't end up in your favor. Don't like how things are done here? I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's not on you to do any moderating here. When that becomes your responsibility, then you can worry about it. But until then, save us all the trouble please.
You know what? You can't take criticism at all. You flipped out at a simple comment, nothing more. The above posts just reflects how you flip out about simple criticisms and don't actually take time to evaluate them in an unbiased manner.
The numerous straw man fallacies you've used above demonstrate to me that you're not really listening to anything I've said and don't ever want to. Your little comment about how not arguing with you would somehow be doing ME a favor just further emphasizes that fact. I truly can't see how you could possibly think me withholding my opinion is somehow a favor to myself. Nor do I see where you possibly got the idea I was trying to moderate. And nor was I trying to use this topic as an example of anything at all. These comments are simply just ridiculous and far fetched. They are very unreasonable, in my opinion.

I was never trying to instigate anything here. Why can't you just take some simple criticism and accept it? You're always talking about how people have the right to express their opinions but then the moment those opinions are something you don't like? Boom. You get upset and start threatening bans. I don't really get it. Criticism is not always negative, so you know. Nor is it insult if you receive some. There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and insult.

In any case, if your comment about me not arguing to do myself a favor was some sort of implication that I'm going to get banned for speaking my mind, then so be it. Such a thing would only serve to demonstrate far more about yourself than it would really have anything to do with me. I also don't take well to threats, by the way. Just so you know I really don't like that kind of behavior and it can sometimes set me off. It sets off a lot of people, in fact. But maybe that is what you're trying to do. I don't know.
And if it wasn't a threat, then perhaps you should work on your wording because I really can't see any other way to take it. But if so then I do apologize for misunderstanding your point.

And I apologize to everyone else for going off topic. That was never my intention as you can clearly see in my earlier post it was only a minor comment and the majority of my post was completely on topic. But I couldn't simply just let such ridiculous accusations like these slide by without at least trying to stand up for myself. I've been bullied, insulted, and degraded enough in my life to know that just letting it happen absolutely never works out in my favor.
Anyway, I was very interested in seeing where this topic would go, and I'm not at all interested in arguing about pointless things like how a forum should be run.

Despicable Me said:
You know what? You can't take criticism at all. You flipped out at a simple comment, nothing more. The above posts just reflects how you flip out about simple criticisms and don't actually take time to evaluate them in an unbiased manner.
The numerous straw man fallacies you've used above demonstrate to me that you're not really listening to anything I've said and don't ever want to. Your little comment about how not arguing with you would somehow be doing ME a favor just further emphasizes that fact. I truly can't see how you could possibly think me withholding my opinion is somehow a favor to myself. Nor do I see where you possibly got the idea I was trying to moderate. And nor was I trying to use this topic as an example of anything at all. These comments are simply just ridiculous and far fetched. They are very unreasonable, in my opinion.

I was never trying to instigate anything here. Why can't you just take some simple criticism and accept it? You're always talking about how people have the right to express their opinions but then the moment those opinions are something you don't like? Boom. You get upset and start threatening bans. I don't really get it. Criticism is not always negative, so you know. Nor is it insult if you receive some. There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and insult.

In any case, if your comment about me not arguing to do myself a favor was some sort of implication that I'm going to get banned for speaking my mind, then so be it. Such a thing would only serve to demonstrate far more about yourself than it would really have anything to do with me. I also don't take well to threats, by the way. Just so you know I really don't like that kind of behavior and it can sometimes set me off. It sets off a lot of people, in fact. But maybe that is what you're trying to do. I don't know.
And if it wasn't a threat, then perhaps you should work on your wording because I really can't see any other way to take it. But if so then I do apologize for misunderstanding your point.

And I apologize to everyone else for going off topic. That was never my intention as you can clearly see in my earlier post it was only a minor comment and the majority of my post was completely on topic. But I couldn't simply just let such ridiculous accusations like these slide by without at least trying to stand up for myself. I've been bullied, insulted, and degraded enough in my life to know that just letting it happen absolutely never works out in my favor.
Anyway, I was very interested in seeing where this topic would go, and I'm not at all interested in arguing about pointless things like how a forum should be run.

I didn't "flip" out. I think you want to argue, and I think you want to see attitude. I don't mind if someone tells me I'm a piece of honeysuckle moderator. That's their opinion. If you think I'm honeysuckle, that's your opinion, and I'm never going to take your right away to believe what you want to believe. But at the same time, since you're not a moderator here, you don't truly know what it entails. I don't mind you stating what you think. That's fine. I know I can certainly take criticism. I'm always open for people's thoughts and opinions.

But the minute you start going off thinking that you really know what the deal is when you've never been in the position to say anything about it, yeah, I'm going to say something. Because you don't know. Simply put. I say it won't work out in your favor because all that's probably going to happen is you're going to argue and it gets you no where. Not because we don't listen, but because you'll automatically have the attitude that you're right and we're wrong. Last time I checked, that type of attitude was of someone who doesn't listen. And if you want to ever claim that we just don't listen, perhaps you should try to open your ears as well.

We're all for suggestions and listening. But when we get people trying to tell us what to do and how things should be done - and they have no place telling us that - you really expect us to listen and care? And that doesn't just go for this forum either.

You're a guy so you have the advantage of personality over looks. Women are not as shallow as men, I feel like it's more of a burden for a girl to look beautiful than a guy. There was a guy I worked with once, he was really ugly. That sounds mean, but hang in there with me. He was scrawny, pasty, big nose, really odd features and crooked teeth. Off first impression he wasn't somebody I thought was attractive, I mean everyone's shallow to some degree. We all judge off what we see because that's all we have to go from off first meeting someone. Any who, over time I got to know him and how I viewed him changed, he became soooo sexy to me. Even thinking back to him I don't think about how I first saw him, I remember him as someone sexy. I liked him so much, but he never knew. I always daydreamed and fantasized about him. Haha i was way too chicken to say how I felt, I have a rejection complex. If you have that confidence and outgoing friendly personality woman will attract to that. I'm not talking about a guy being overly nice and labelling himself as a "nice guy" to get in your pants. It has to be genuine. Other than that I'd say keep yourself clean and smelling good. Make sure your nails are clean and cut, either maintain a clean neat beard or shave, have a nice cologne. A little can go a long way.

lonelypanda said:
You're a guy so you have the advantage of personality over looks. Women are not as shallow as men, I feel like it's more of a burden for a girl to look beautiful than a guy. There was a guy I worked with once, he was really ugly. That sounds mean, but hang in there with me. He was scrawny, pasty, big nose, really odd features and crooked teeth. Off first impression he wasn't somebody I thought was attractive, I mean everyone's shallow to some degree. We all judge off what we see because that's all we have to go from off first meeting someone. Any who, over time I got to know him and how I viewed him changed, he became soooo sexy to me. Even thinking back to him I don't think about how I first saw him, I remember him as someone sexy. I liked him so much, but he never knew. I always daydreamed and fantasized about him. Haha i was way too chicken to say how I felt, I have a rejection complex. If you have that confidence and outgoing friendly personality woman will attract to that. I'm not talking about a guy being overly nice and labelling himself as a "nice guy" to get in your pants. It has to be genuine. Other than that I'd say keep yourself clean and smelling good. Make sure your nails are clean and cut, either maintain a clean neat beard or shave, have a nice cologne. A little can go a long way.

Women are not as shallow as men ?
What rubbish !
I would say women are as equally shallow as men.

I base my opinions on what I hear and what I see. I don't really hear women going on about a man's personality much. It's all about how he looks. Which to be fair is just the same as men. I think all the talk about confidence is bollocks. I see plenty of good looking people who have zero personality walking around with somebody on their arm.

Triple Bogey said:
lonelypanda said:

What rubbish !

I base my opinions on what I hear and what I see. I don't really hear women going on about a man's personality much. It's all about how he looks. Which to be fair is just the same as men. I think all the talk about confidence is bollocks. I see plenty of good looking people who have zero personality walking around with somebody on their arm.

I love that you said rubbish. Lol This of course is subjective to my world, which is miniscule in the grand scale of things. I can only offer advice based off my experiences, and from people I know.. which as I've said I see men as more visual and putting more value on looks than women. I was watching family feud and they surveyed a hundred married men and the top answers of what attratced them to their wife was her looks (#1) and the others being her hair, body, eyes, and personality did make the list. It was the only thing on the list that wasnt visually related. It may be different for you though, heh.

As for good looking people with a rock for a personality, well of course! It doesn't work the other way! Someone beautiful can be stupid or ugly personality and get men/women. Having looks is an advantage in life, it always will be. Having a better personality when you're misfortunate looking isn't some magical formula that will work on all women, but on some women it will....it has for me before. At the end of the day it doesnt hurt to better yourself internally. Work on confidence, joking with people more, smiling and engaging people. It has no down side.

lonelypanda said:
You're a guy so you have the advantage of personality over looks. Women are not as shallow as men,

After I read this I stopped reading.

Triple Bogey said:
What rubbish !

I partially agree. I believe that SOME women are as equally shallow as men. It depends on the person and not the sex.

lonelypanda said:
I was watching family feud and they surveyed a hundred married men and the top answers of what attratced them to their wife was her looks (#1) and the others being her hair, body, eyes, and personality did make the list. It was the only thing on the list that wasnt visually related. It may be different for you though, heh.

Oh wait a second! If that's what it said on Family Feud then it just has to be true! The scientific polls that they conduct on that show should be good enough for everyone and should never be questioned.

BeyondShy said:
After I read this I stopped reading.

That was a good idea. Readings not your thing.

BeyondShy said:
Oh wait a second! If that's what it said on Family Feud then it just has to be true! The scientific polls that they conduct on that show should be good enough for everyone and should never be questioned.

Lol you're funny. Go and quote where I said that was some legit statistic, and don't forget to also quote where i said it should never be questioned and that it is irrefutable evidence. Oh and while you're re-reading what I said you can work on your reading comprehension skills ;) as I said this is based on personal experience, and guess what? I watch TV and that was an added observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back