How "good" are you with alcohol?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
And I quote because being good at drinking large amounts of it is not that good really... At least for your liver.

When I was a teenager I was a better drinker. I felt like I was "breaking the law" or something, it gave me a rush which made drinking fun. I was able to drink a lot of beer. Not so much vodka or wine but I could handle it til I got drunk.

But now I guess I've finally matured in an aspect of my life, I don't even like getting drunk. It makes me feel too uncomfortable and gross... and I see people drunk, look like complete idiots and I just don't wanna be like that...

So I don't drink much. I don't even do beer anymore, except on special ocations. Usually iI'll have a glass of wine or two. Some champagne. I tend to stick to that.

And in a restorant with heavy food (here the portions are large) and mixes of herbs oils and all that honeysuckle they put to make food delicious... Well, in that context, I stick to water, my most favourite drink ever...

So there is a difference. Now I don't handle alcohol that well. I'm not used to it anymore.

What about you people?

The only times I drink enough to get tipsy are places where it's free. LOL

LonelyInAtl said:
The only times I drink enough to get tipsy are places where it's free. LOL

lol yeah free stuff tastas so much better... once I went to a pretty boring event but the champage was free...

in that situation I'd get tipsy too.

I'm pretty much the same as you nowadays Felix. I used to drink sociably in town err very regularly, on first name terms with all the bar staff etc. I just got sick of seeing the same old faces pissing their wages up a wall. Hangovers at work were also not much fun, its a small town and bumping into ex's or people you can't stand wasn't fun either or listening to the same stupid arguments with your friends. Basically it just wasn't fun anymore. I still go out but very rarely, maybe once a month and normally in the week when its quieter. I can honestly say I don't miss it, where as I used to get cranky stuck in on a Friday night now if I'm walking through town at a weekend I actually feel on edge, I'm much more aware of that hostile edge that comes with people drinking.

You're right though now I don't drink as regular my tolerance has dropped right down, which works out much cheaper, I don't think I've been properly hammered in over 6 months now and have no wish to be ever again. I think I've just grown out of the lifestyle.

Don't seem to be any richer for it though.. thats the only thing!

I basically refuse to drink. I've gotten drunk once in my life and I still hate the sense of not being completely in control of myself.

As a teenager, I drank to excess on a regular basis. Even then I was no good at holding my alcohol. Routinely, I was the one who ended up passed out on the lawn or puking somewhere. I've never really been fond of alcohol. Now I've learned to temper my consumption to a level which is actually enjoyable. With a steak dinner, I may have one (or two) beers. On occasion, I might enjoy a few mixed drinks. There really is nothing cool about getting smashed, making a fool out of yourself and getting sick afterward.

I don't really drink outside of home. Every now and then I'll perhaps have one beer socially, but after that I generally switch to soft drinks/water.

In fact, the only time I do "drink" really is at home. I like the taste of whiskey, so occasionally I'll just have a small measure of that for pleasure.

Never been "drunk" before, because I've never consumed alcohol to that excess. My alcohol tolerance is really low though, I've been sensually impaired to some degree after drinking at lunchtime, even a half pint before I've had my meal is enough to make me feel like I'm on a swaying ship :p

Never really understood the whole "Wahey, I'm gonna spend a good chunk of my earnings on inducing unpleasant vomiting tonight! HOW COOL IS THAT?!" mentality...

Once every few months, I'll drink until I feel tipsy. Then, I just sit back and enjoy the buzz. I don't like to be totally drunk. It doesn't take a whole lot. I've had the same bottle of rum for about a year.

I haven't drank enough to know and I won't know because I don't drink at all or have for several years. I like the taste of it which is dangerous imo.

I used to be able to drink with the best of them (or worst of them)
but it seems i have developed an allergic reation to most alcohol and get a sinus headache with moments of my first sip. so I am pretty much a non-drinker for the past few years.

I try not to drink now as it could start to be a problem; and I don't want that.

I've never been really drunk anyways and the most I've had this year is a couple of whiskeys (after a stressful week).

goes to my head after one bottle of bud or half a glass of wine.

Never been able to drink !

I was known as the bottle of vodka guy. Not a good thing! But I can handle my liquor although I don't really drink anymore. Not becuase I don't want to, but becuase the oppurtinity doesn't present itself often

Latest posts

Back