How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hijacc said:
Bluey said:
Hijacc said:
15 years......

!5 yeas also for me. But am not 15 am 33 :)

True......so techniclly all my life

Well I did have a GF that lasted fir 9 moths at 16 -17 and another one that also lasted for 9 months at 17 - 18 so technically I have been single all my adult life.

BTW Your boned to find someone mate. How could such a talented guy as your self not. You are still very young. Just give it some time and Ulla have um dropping at your feet. Ulla be fighting them off :D

Bluey said:
Well I did have a GF that lasted fir 9 moths at 16 -17 and another one that also lasted for 9 months at 17 - 18
wow...9 months thats somth....thats long

Hmmm.... 3 1/2 months?
But it wasn't a serious relationship by any standards.
It was just demoralizing and embarassing.
Even still, he's the only guy I've ever kissed.

I've just turned 20 and been single my whole life. I'm fairly shy so that hasn't helped and aren't particularly confident. In the past the problem was more that I was something of a closed book I guess, never really letting people getting close that might have been interested though I'm not quite sure why. Now I'm in my second year of college and feel like I'm ready to be with someone and want to. But things haven't really turned out how I imagined they would in many ways.

2.5 years roughly.
Although, my mind is completely deteriorating and I don't even really think about relationships anymore. I mean, sure it would be great to have one, but only if I liked the other person and wasn't ashamed of my very existence.
Which are two highly unlikely circumstances.

I've kind of just accepted that I'm in no psychological state for a relationship or even just for intimacy. It would probably just make me hate myself even more.

lol i broke up last year, september, i think. Not sure. I needed my mom to "rescue" me cause the guy was evil (really) and all that situation drove me to the situation i am now. Depressed again lol
Im going to read all posts now :]

but in a way its freedom also
----------
Idk... I think i like to be in love and have someone in love by me. Sometimes we are married or engaged and still lonely. Its like being single and having a roommate.

Luna said:
but in a way its freedom also
----------
Idk... I think i like to be in love and have someone in love by me. Sometimes we are married or engaged and still lonely. Its like being single and having a roommate.

That can be true. And in a way I can imagine that to feel lonely why engaged or marred is weirs then feeling lonely why your single. At least its moor obverse to us that are single why where felling like this.

But I do totally agree with Kristen that your moor free when single. I like that part of being single I must admit that :)

Since day 1. If we say not including the first 18 years then that makes it 10 years but in any case I have never had a close relationship. Most of the time I like my freedom and like my own space but sometimes I think about it too much. If I see a couple smooching on the bus it just leaves me cold, a haunting, hollowness that dies away only after a few hours.

Then I find out about my work colleagues who have been in relationships for a long time and are breaking up - financial upheaval, having to go back to live with their parents...

Then I realise why I've stayed single. I can't afford to lose my home.

I deeply disliked being single and was so for most of my life.

As of late, however, I have been in a relationship that often makes me quite happy. Its not perfect - she is significantly younger than I am, for one thing, but in spite of all the difficulties, I find that it is very fulfilling and completing.

Ultimately, all relationships just really need the fundamentals of trust and communication to them. Quarrels and fighting aren't necessarily bad signs, especially if they're over legitimate differences, as they can lead to better understanding.

I also think that one of the partners needs to be dominant and be able to have the last word. Having some sort of a firm direction is a very good thing, and while its incredibly important that both partners respect each other, I find that both I and the girl have come to appreciate how irrational or uncertain she is feeling, I can make a good decision for the both of us.

Regards,
IO

PS: As others have mentioned, it is a major responsibility - at the very least taking up as much time as an additional evening job.

Latest posts

Back