How many countries have you visited?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweden (Home!)
Norway
Denmark
France
Poland
Spain
Italy
Greece
Cyprus
Iceland (The airport...)
Austria
Switzerland
Thailand
China
USA
Egypt

Lot more places I want to see before I die

Jeremi said:
Sweden (Home!)
Norway
Denmark
France
Poland
Spain
Italy
Greece
Cyprus
Iceland (The airport...)
Austria
Switzerland
Thailand
China
USA
Egypt

Lot more places I want to see before I die

woww....

The posts on this thread jealous-ise me a lot lol :D
Wow at all the places you've all been to :cool:

Philippines (where i grew up)
Korea
China
United Kingdom
Switzerland
USA (where i live now)
Argentina (CUNY-New York Volleyball Team Goodwill Tour)
Chilli

thats it!. im planning to tour around the world after graduating from college!

So far, 5 countries and 13 states (other than my own).

Countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Scotland, and briefly Canada (Ontario).

American states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana (briefly), Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

There are a few others if you count airports, but I don't.

Lots more places I want to see!

USA x2 (Los Angeles and Florida)
Rarotonga
Fiji
New Zealand
Australia
Malaysia
Germany
France
Austria
Scotland
Wales

Strange how many brits see England, N. Ireland, Scotland, and Wales as 4 different countries. I thought it was called the 'United kingdom of great Britain and northern Ireland' for a reason. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 4 nations used to be divided but now they count as just one country, at least on an international level. The ISO -International Organization for Standardization- list of countries doesn't list the 4 nations separately.

Britain (Born x 3)
Canada ( Current home)British Columbia, Ontario
Greece x 10
Italy
France
Austria
Germany
Switzerland
USA ( Vermont, Michigan, Florida, California, Washington state )

Aisha said:
Strange how many brits see England, N. Ireland, Scotland, and Wales as 4 different countries. I thought it was called the 'United kingdom of great Britain and northern Ireland' for a reason. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 4 nations used to be divided but now they count as just one country, at least on an international level. The ISO -International Organization for Standardization- list of countries doesn't list the 4 nations separately.

I think because each of these countries is very different, they have their own histories, personalities, traditions, their own Patron Saints, cuisine. I think sometimes we do feel together, but mostly have our own identity, and quite a few people are proud of which they come from and it's heritage. It is a bit strange.

Japan is the only other country Ive visited and the furthest I've been from home so far.

She-ra said:
Aisha said:

I think because each of these countries is very different, they have their own histories, personalities, traditions, their own Patron Saints, cuisine. I think sometimes we do feel together, but mostly have our own identity, and quite a few people are proud of which they come from and it's heritage. It is a bit strange.

I understand. It's natural to have pride in your country, especially with countries that have such long and rich histories. Outside of the UK, people tend to see it as one whole, but of course it's understandable that citizens will identify themselves according to the country within the country that they're from. And especially when there's so much variety not just from country to country, or region to region, but city to city. I've only been to several cities within England, but even those were varied to a surprising degree for being such a small nation. Accents, behaviour, people.. all very different. It's the same in my country and others I've been to, but it certainly seems much more noticeable there, perhaps again, because of the history associated with each.

TheRealCallie said:
Aisha said:
Outside of the UK, people tend to see it as one whole

I might be in the minority, but I see each as different.

We have so many different terms that everyone may as well give up.

You've got England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. They're all countries, but have a single centralised government housed in London. (Some powers are now devolved to the constituent countries)

You've got Great Britain - which is England, Scotland and Wales.

You've got the UK - which is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

You've also got the British Isles - Which is a purely geographical term for Great Britain and ALL of Ireland. It's a term that Ireland now refuses to recognise.

Many of the people that live in the UK could not tell you the difference, so why should I expect anyone else to? ;)

Latest posts

Back