How many people over 20 are still virgins?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may only be 20, but I feel like I am here to stay. However, I really don't care a GREAT deal about being a virgin, what I am more concerned/worried about is actually finding a girl who likes me and one who I have strong feeling for.
On a side note I find this topic slightly amusing/depressing (lol) because today I switched over my Mobile Phone carrier to Virgin for two years (Maybe its a sign of the things to come in the next two years :p he he he)

Bobby Z said:
I may only be 20, but I feel like I am here to stay. However, I really don't care a GREAT deal about being a virgin, what I am more concerned/worried about is actually finding a girl who likes me and one who I have strong feeling for.
On a side note I find this topic slightly amusing/depressing (lol) because today I switched over my Mobile Phone carrier to Virgin for two years (Maybe its a sign of the things to come in the next two years :p he he he)

ha i feel the same way. i was walking in times square a week ago and saw the virgin mobile sign and almost wanted to take a picture with it. 37 days ago i turned 20....how amny people are actually so worried and disgusted by the fact that they know exactly how many days they have until the next age and the next step in this oh so lonely life.

I don't think it's that big of a deal of you're 20 and a virgin. If you really want to lose it that bad, you can always find a hooker or something if you seriously need to..or Craig's List :p I believe that it's more of a moral descision.

not just that.. it's my social life. to tell you the truth i was fine with being alone until now. i always felt otimistic but right now i am realizing that it may never happen. i have so few interests. the fact that i have no taste in music...throw on the radio and whats there is whats there.

6 the number of hours of sleep i;ve gotten in the last 2 nights

0 the number of girls that i will have relationships with.

i'm going to pick up a book on my situation. although viewed by many as pathetic it is time for me to change my life.

lol Dude, just because you don't like one certain kind of music doesn't mean you're tasteless, it means you're open. That's so much better than the people out there that will rip your head off if you listen to a certain kind of music >.>

true. i'm still in a lot of trouble though. theres nothing really that big that should put me in this situation. i've gotta change though.

Lebowski said:
true. i'm still in a lot of trouble though. theres nothing really that big that should put me in this situation. i've gotta change though.

The best advice I can give you for your situation is to actually take some interest in things. You aren't sleeping much which leaves me to believe you've got quite a bit of free time.

Throw in a bit of exercise, take time to actually research some music, if you like to read spend some time at book stores, try to learn a lot about local attractions and maybe a bit about some that aren't so local.

Women and men are typically more attracted to people with depth, besides... you want to have something to talk about if you ever get with someone.

Now on to that, try talking to every woman(or man) that you can. You don't have to ask them out just try to talk to them... casually. Clerks, chicks checking out books, girls at the grocery store. Be friendly and open. This will build up confidence in your ability to talk to them.

I was 23 when I lost my virginity.I thought I'd never have an interest in sex to be honest but I did.I lost my virginity to someone I actually loved but then it all got a bit messed up.Sometimes I think should I have just done what everyone else seemed to do and sleep around when I was young.Sometimes it seems like that's what I did wrong.But to be honest even though things are rough,I'm still glad that I had enoughr espect for myself to wait to find someone I actually cared about before I had sex.

all very true. the truth is that there is time but i must get out. i just went for a run and as i was walking by three girls one of them said hi and i just said hi, how are you. thats the extent of my conversation ability.

Spare said:
Lebowski said:
anyone else get the feeling that you are letting down your family by showing no promise of future grand children. i fell so weird yippedy...so so very weird.

I feel this way all the time. My family never mentions it, though, which I appreciate greatly.

how do you deal with it. over time does the pain go away? do you have any siblings that you;re jealous of

Lebowski said:
all very true. the truth is that there is time but i must get out. i just went for a run and as i was walking by three girls one of them said hi and i just said hi, how are you. thats the extent of my conversation ability.

Spare said:
Lebowski said:
anyone else get the feeling that you are letting down your family by showing no promise of future grand children. i fell so weird yippedy...so so very weird.

I feel this way all the time. My family never mentions it, though, which I appreciate greatly.

how do you deal with it. over time does the pain go away? do you have any siblings that you;re jealous of

im from a very religious family that thinks a women's purpose in life is to bare children. out of five girls im the only one with no kids. i am constantly being asked when im going to have kids, and constantly being reminded that after awhile it becomes a risk to the child. i dont know if i ever will have kids.

sometimes it bothers me. but i think it would bother me more to have kids when im not ready and dont feel i can provide a good home for them. so i just focus on that.

20, still a virgin, no end in sight. I wish I had an admirable reason like morals or wanting to wait until marriage but I don't. I'm just too standoffish and unremarkable for any woman to even give a second look. I've never even held a girl's hand ffs.

I guess being a virgin only really bothers me because my friends give me so much **** about it. I would be perfectly fine with a girl who wanted to wait until marriage, because all I really want is someone to talk to and care about.

ensom said:
20, still a virgin, no end in sight. I wish I had an admirable reason like morals or wanting to wait until marriage but I don't. I'm just too standoffish and unremarkable for any woman to even give a second look. I've never even held a girl's hand ffs.

I guess being a virgin only really bothers me because my friends give me so much **** about it. I would be perfectly fine with a girl who wanted to wait until marriage, because all I really want is someone to talk to and care about.

why in the world do your friends know about your sex life? It's none of their buisness!!! :l

Seriously, they need to butt out.

a lot of us are and feel the same way ensom. dont let your friends get you down about it. there are many out there that had their first girlfriend at age 20,21,22 and so on. the point being that we both have plenty of time and should use it to grow as people.

As I've felt what true love is like, If I found someone I truly loved...I honestly wouldn't care about sex in the slightest. I wouldn't care what we did together, where we went together as long as I was by her side...

I totally agree with divinitywolf and well, pretty much everyone here. I'm new to this forum but sadly, I feel so right at home. Kinda like Ensom said, I don't ever really think about my virginity problem (I'm 19 btw) unless my friends bring it up. And they usually do. The thing is, I'm perfectly satisfied waiting for the prospect of having one single girlfriend/lover. I think that's what separates the users on this forum from every other man out there. If anyone has seen Funny People by Judd Apatow in theaters right now he'll know exactly what I mean. The character that Seth Rogan plays in that movie is sooo much like me. For those of you who haven't seen it, Seth Rogan makes a joke at the end of the movie that essentially there are two types of guys. There are the guys that are like "**** girl" "I wanna tap that asss" "dude i'd be so down to fresia her". Then he says that he is part of another group of guys that see's a beautiful girl and is like "wow i totally want to friend that girl" "I wanna take her on dates and be her boyfriend". I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum is part of the latter group. Maybe that's why we're virgins --because we actually wait for a special one and don't just go sleeping around with every **** girl.

Thanks for all the replies. It's reassuring to know there's plenty of people here in a similar situation, although I do wish the ratio of guys to girls was more even, but then that's common across the Internet.

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum is part of the latter group. Maybe that's why we're virgins --because we actually wait for a special one and don't just go sleeping around with every **** girl.

Not really. Ok I wouldn't just sleep with anyone, but to be honest the last thing I want to do is wait for that special one or only ever have one sex partner. I think that's perhaps why I feel so alone on this issue wherever I post about it. Shy people and shy women in particular generally fit your description in the above quote, which is great for them if that's what they want, but it kind of sucks for me. lol

Lebowski said:

Spare said:
Lebowski said:

I have no siblings, but all my friends are married and have families fof their own. This makes me feel bad (and also like a "Spare" tire).

I deal with it one day at a time. I don't let myself dwell on it too often, but when I do, I tell myself "it'll happen when it happens, if it ever does. It will be as it will be." Then I try to move forward with my life, such as it is.

Latest posts

Back