How many people over 20 are still virgins?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
ensom said:
20, still a virgin, no end in sight. I wish I had an admirable reason like morals or wanting to wait until marriage but I don't. I'm just too standoffish and unremarkable for any woman to even give a second look. I've never even held a girl's hand ffs.

I guess being a virgin only really bothers me because my friends give me so much **** about it. I would be perfectly fine with a girl who wanted to wait until marriage, because all I really want is someone to talk to and care about.

why in the world do your friends know about your sex life? It's none of their buisness!!! :l

Seriously, they need to butt out.

Well we're a bunch of guys so I suppose the subject was bound to crop up eventually. They know because a) I'm a horrible liar, and b) They have never seen me with a girl, let alone talking to one (which I am kind of thankful for, because it's an awkward sight!). I wouldn't feel comfortable lying about it anyway, because deep down I know there's nothing wrong with it, though my peer group and friends sure make it seem like there is.

But yeah, I hate them for it, the bastards.

ensom said:
SophiaGrace said:
ensom said:
20, still a virgin, no end in sight. I wish I had an admirable reason like morals or wanting to wait until marriage but I don't. I'm just too standoffish and unremarkable for any woman to even give a second look. I've never even held a girl's hand ffs.

I guess being a virgin only really bothers me because my friends give me so much **** about it. I would be perfectly fine with a girl who wanted to wait until marriage, because all I really want is someone to talk to and care about.

why in the world do your friends know about your sex life? It's none of their buisness!!! :l

Well we're a bunch of guys so I suppose the subject was bound to crop up eventually. They know because a) I'm a horrible liar, and b) They have never seen me with a girl, let alone talking to one (which I am kind of thankful for, because it's an awkward sight!). I wouldn't feel comfortable lying about it anyway, because deep down I know there's nothing wrong with it, though my peer group and friends sure make it seem like there is.

*sigh* people are so judgemental....

SophiaGrace said:
ensom said:
SophiaGrace said:
ensom said:

*sigh* people are so judgemental....

this gets to me at times in a perfect world there would be no judgements, people would be better off but at the same time society needs standards. its quite a predicament.

Wow I guess I'm not the only one in this boat after all...although I may be the OLDEST virgin in the world LOL (31.)

Honestly, I just get so upset and confused at the same time when I think of this subject.

I do take a lot of pride in the fact that I have stayed a virgin as long as I have. I have always wanted to wait until I met the girl I knew was going to work out and end up marrying to have sex. But in all honesty, had I known that I was going to get to this age and still be alone, I probably would have taken all those opportunities I had from buddies in college that wanted to "hook me up" and thought I was crazy as hell for not jumping in at the opportunity.

As the OP stated, the chances of finding someone at this age who is just as inexperianced as I am are slim to none. As nice as it would be to find someone like that, at this point in time, I no longer expect to, and it will not be a descision factor if and when I do meet someone.

I think what really bothers me about it, is the fact that I have waited so long, and have gotten to be this age, with love still nowhere in sight. And in all honesty, while I'm not just going to go out looking for sex, if I get the opportunity, I am not going to hold back.

There are a lot of reasons that I have held out honestly. Number 1, the fear of getting an STD. But also, back when I was younger I just knew that the day I went out and did it, I would probably meet the girl of my dreams the following week........., and if she happened to be a virgin, well, let's just say that would have been rather dissapointing, for me AND for her.

I have never been in a relationship that ever got far enough to think about sex, and something about just going out and having casual sex just doesn't feel right to me. A lot of women are hurt that way. Meaning, they regret it later in life, even if it is years later. I have heard many stories from women saying they regret having sex with so and so, they should have waited, or was taken advantage of by the guy that she had sex with X number of years ago because he never came back around, all kinds of things.

I don't want to hurt some girl like that. Most guys don't seem to realize, that women have a lot of emotions when it comes to sex. So many women sadly regret it when they make the wrong descision. it hurts them in a lot of ways. And I just don't want to be someone that puts an emotional scar on someone like that that will be with them for the rest of their life.

i dont think i could ever really consider prostitution either. there is no difference between being a real life 40 y.o.v. and a person that only been with a prostitute.

has anyone ever ecperienced ridicule about this fact? i just want to know what to say when the situation happens.

Spare said:
Lebowski said:
anyone else get the feeling that you are letting down your family by showing no promise of future grand children. i fell so weird yippedy...so so very weird.

I feel this way all the time. My family never mentions it, though, which I appreciate greatly.

My family has. My oldest little sister (who I dont really see much of anymore) has several times told me I need to get a girlfriend ("Just go talk to a girl, its not that hard"), and once called me boring, though she wasn't trying to be mean. Several times my parents have asked me, "So when are you going to get a girlfriend?", like I'm making them wait impatiently or something.

And then for two years when I worked in the woods I was subject to almost daily teasing from my co-workers about never having any girlfriends. Like Ensom, I'm a bad liar, lol. I think if they had seen it from my point of view and felt the way I feel sometimes late at night or on my off days, they would have behaved differently. I dont think they were trying to be mean, because otherwise they were pretty cool to me and supported me the couple of times I tried to ask girls out. I was worshipped for a day as the Ultimate Man, actually, when I -somehow- got a chick's phone number in front of an entire Taco Bell...though I have not been able to ever replicate that, and nothing at all ever came of it. It was a good story, though. I think they just didn't understand. They're not the best or the brightest and I suppose I sort of accepted that as one of their faults, because when all was said and done we suffered together and triumphed together, and they picked on eachother too, not just me. Such is the brotherhood of laborers, I suppose.

at least you've been with someone brian. i'm talking about the never never group like myself.

i've opened up to my brother saying that i am scared and all he says is "you'll be fine, you're a good looking kid" in 5 years it'll still be there and then my family will get on my case. i respect my dad in every which way, he is in my opinion the greatest man alive and to upset him in the way i will will be terrible.

i just went for a 2 hour bike ride and throughout all of it i still felt depressed.

Lebowski said:
at least you've been with someone brian. i'm talking about the never never group like myself.

i've opened up to my brother saying that i am scared and all he says is "you'll be fine, you're a good looking kid" in 5 years it'll still be there and then my family will get on my case. i respect my dad in every which way, he is in my opinion the greatest man alive and to upset him in the way i will will be terrible.

i just went for a 2 hour bike ride and throughout all of it i still felt depressed.

I recall saying that same thing when I was in the so-called 'never never group'...after the fact, I felt just as bad if not worse. Given the circumstances (basically a girl escaping from the box her reclusive parents kept her in and wanting to sleep with a bunch of dudes like her sister without actually knowing how modern flirting or courtship works), it was kind of reinforced in me that I'm not going to have an easy time in life of meeting or attracting actual potential mates amongst even the poorly adjusted women out there, much less a well-adjusted, level-headed gal for companionship.

It's hard to explain. All I can really express on the matter is to assure you that any perceived progress is strictly from a third party perspective; I haven't actually gotten ahead any. Truthfully, she would have bedded anyone posting in this thread if they were up there shoveling snow on the same roof she was. Talking to some others, I discovered she frequently texted and sent messages to any nearby guy she could contact trying to get laid. After I was no longer available, it has been relayed to me that she's now pregnant and hanging off some big, sweaty, overweight guy's arm. Not that being overweight makes you less of a person, but it demonstrates she did not pick me based on any established physical standard, and we certainly didn't have any real emotional bond.

Again, I think she was trying to imitate her sister, who was incredibly skanky and slutty and was basically her only frequent friend.

It'd have been different if I'd actually won a girl over with manly charm or striking wit that I dont have, or wooed her with my flashy smile that I've never possessed. It'd be different altogether if I could actually say to myself, "Wow, go me! Through my interactions with a member of the opposite sex, I was able to make an impression and attract them as a mate."

But that isn't what played out. I didn't, and I can't. If anything, I only wish that I could share that contact with someone again in an actually meaningful way. Even a one-night-stand from a bar would count for more.

I'm lonelier than I've ever been. My nervous breakdowns are increasingly more excruciating and are not quite as far between as they used to be. Many people suffer from chest pain due to fits of intense depression and loneliness...I do as well, and the last time I experienced it I thought I was genuinely suffering an MI. I was actually digging for spare EKG pads to check myself on the 5-lead at work.

And so I posit that losing one's virginity is an inconsequential stepping stone if one does not establish an actual bond, or at least genuine, earned attraction in the process.

nairda said:
Brian said:
Many people suffer from chest pain due to fits of intense depression and loneliness...

omg it is the worst feeling in the world :(

If it's anything like a panic attack where you think that you can't breathe and that your heart might explode, then yeah. I can relate, too. :/

cheaptrickfan said:
nairda said:
Brian said:
Many people suffer from chest pain due to fits of intense depression and loneliness...

omg it is the worst feeling in the world :(

If it's anything like a panic attack where you think that you can't breathe and that your heart might explode, then yeah. I can relate, too. :/

Me too. :( first time it happened I had no idea what was going on and I wanted to cry but then I got so angry too.. I have no idea why..

I'm 26-year-old virgin. It has never bothered me. If I go all my life without sex... well, gee I don't give a flying honeysuckle. Exchanging sticky bodily fluids sounds like something I could happily do without. I realise even as I'm writing this that it sounds at the very least weird and perhaps not normal, but yeah, that's me.

Actually, whenever I see a guy I like, I can often imagine us talking, working or snuggling together, but never kissing or having sex. Duh, perhaps I indeed have problems.

Silvernight said:
I'm 26-year-old virgin. It has never bothered me. If I go all my life without sex... well, gee I don't give a flying honeysuckle. Exchanging sticky bodily fluids sounds like something I could happily do without. I realise even as I'm writing this that it sounds at the very least weird and perhaps not normal, but yeah, that's me.

Actually, whenever I see a guy I like, I can often imagine us talking, working or snuggling together, but never kissing or having sex. Duh, perhaps I indeed have problems.

There's nothing weird about not having a very high sex drive. It just means that when you find the right guy, he'll need to have a low sex drive as well (and yes, such men exist). The only problem with this is, what with all the other things required to make two people compatible, we could do without that one as well.

20 years and virgin!

It's not that I havent got the opportunity, is just that I was waiting for the "right moment" with the "right person", when I tought I had the right person it was like "its just a matter of time for the right moment" then that person became the wrong person... uggh...

I'm 19 and a virgin. I don't care that much about being a virgin though; meaningless sex is easy to get. My main concern is getting a good relationship, which I have never had and want very much. To me, that is the real issue.

I hate how the media makes getting action into such a big deal. It isn't a big deal. Nothing magical happens after you orgasm and suddenly you're a better or more effective person. If you feel like a bad person before you do it, you'll feel like a bad person after you do it.

More women lose their virginity earlier then men do, so yes, finding someone equally inexperienced is difficult. However, some women do find being a virgin attractive (obviously because they want to "corrupt" you).

21 and yes. It will happen one day, when ever that will be, in no rush.
I have had a number of opportunities but, and the last one was probably about 3 weeks ago. One of the friends of the office lady at work comes in that hasn't been getting any, so she went after me...
Anyway she got the jist and has let it go. :)

Over 40 and never came close. Its weird how unnatural it is for me to chat up girls.Its' like speaking a foreign language. I have never felt comfortable doing it and yet I have never known any female to in any way come on to me either. Perhaps I look like the elephant man and am the only one who doesn't realise it.

I lost my virginity when I was 32. I am now 35. I wish I hadn't done it the way i did (I paid for it). That has been my only experience.

Latest posts

Back