I bought the wrong burgers!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadInside

Reaction score
I have screwed my partner over by buying the wrong burgers. I am
Told that I don't understand because I am a vegetarian. (I buy whatever meat free burgers are available...or on special offer)

But i bought him the wrong 'meat' burgers.

Is it me? Is this not Insane?

We have a family of 6 to feed & I took advantage of a special offer.

He's in his forties!!!! And I screwed him over by buying the wrong burgers!!!!

What?! Can anyone explain?

I've had this happen...its not you. Its an issue your partner has...who is expressing it by complaining about the burgers.

My wife once said my foot was making too much noise on the gas pedal..The most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

It was a front for more a more serious issue.

Thankyou for replying to my crazy.

The wrong burgers seems to be a front for: the kids drank my Ribena.

I'm obviously missing something here.

Right on. The children drank his ....Ribena..whatever that is..LOL and he took it out on you. I have feeling theres more to it than that tho. I think hes unhappy and of instead of discussing it....just vents it in complaints. Try and talk to the guy. Ask him if anything is bothering him..if hes happy.. can we do anything different..to improve the situation..

You've got to appreciate the science of burgers.... with added onion, each with possibly it's own unique herbs...texture of the burger ... course ground....fine ground ,the cheaper the burger the less the meat content. bottom end of the scale is a burger sitting in a pool of grease and having the overall flavour, appearance, and texture of random road kill that's been repeatedly reattached to the road surface by passing traffic....maybe the poor guy just wanted a decent burger

Forsaken-Knight said:
Right on. The children drank his ....Ribena..whatever that is..LOL and he took it out on you. I have feeling theres more to it than that tho. I think hes unhappy and of instead of discussing it....just vents it in complaints. Try and talk to the guy. Ask him if anything is bothering him..if hes happy.. can we do anything different..to improve the situation..

Well maybe get the guy a decent burger before you psycho analyze him !

I have actually done this...

I was having a terrible and tiring day, and I was looking forward to eating dinner. My boyfriend got home 4 hours before and ate dinner without me (which I was good with), but he unplugged the crockpot, so when I got home I flipped out. My dinner was dried out and cold because it had been unplugged sitting on the counter for 4 hours.

He didn't deserve it, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back, and I apologized, but I knew it upset him.

Nicolelt said:
I have actually done this...

I was having a terrible and tiring day, and I was looking forward to eating dinner. My boyfriend got home 4 hours before and ate dinner without me (which I was good with), but he unplugged the crockpot, so when I got home I flipped out. My dinner was dried out and cold because it had been unplugged sitting on the counter for 4 hours.

He didn't deserve it, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back, and I apologized, but I knew it upset him.

Totally.... enjoyment of food is pretty fundamental to our well-being especially when your stressed and need a little comfort.....burgers..Crock-Pot casserole and I'm sodding starving : )

Yeah, I'm a bit curious as to what you bought as opposed to what he actually wanted? Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care less, because if I don't like something bought or something made, I won't eat it. Someone will, but it won't be me.

I have had a mini melt down about cabbage rolls ...AFTER several discussions prior about preperation because I dont like them made a certain way
to me I was ignored

Haha omg! I bought meat burgers. Actually a better brand of burgers on special offer than the usual ones we get. Thinking I was being nice.

I think this issue may be a front to more.

I actually bought the usual burgers we get (at the same time as the new meat ones) and they were al globe by the time the newer ones were opened.

This happened before funnily enough. I put asda brand cola in a 'real' cola bottle to prove that we didn't NEED to spend so much on everything (6 of us in the household & kids be 'spensive!!)

Does this clarify?? ;)

sometimes it feels good when our significant other remembers something insignificant to others

sometimes people dont like change ... if it was a bad day that might have been the straw that broke the camels back

I only will buy Heinz brand ketchup ... my sister got me some from the factory outlet she lives near
I didnt like it even though it was Heinz brand .... she said I was nuts UNTIL she talked to a person at the outlet and they told her she got USA Heinz ...she could believe I could tell the difference LOL

Oh, I'm with you on the Heinz ketchup all the way!! Nothing else is the same. Most others taste far too much like they are full of vinegar

Latest posts

Back