I Don't Like Being Called A "*******"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minus said:
Jilted John said:
Here's a pic of my grandson,(legitimate) holding my new granddaughter,(illegitimate),see any difference?

One is smaller than the other?
ru9y_5ea_u8yfi.gif

Hahaha! Wow,you've got an eye for detail!

Sci-Fi, I hope you let the person know you didn't like being called that or any derogatory name, for that matter and that he/she should not say anything like that again to you. I am sorry you were hurt. Now check this out, I had a Father. And, my parents were married. Guess what, though? One of my Father's favorite things to say to people when he was mad was: you stupid *******! And his parents were married too. Where I lived in an almost ghetto neighborhood no one thought about the meaning of things they said. If they did, why would someone call another (PARDON MY LANGUAGE) a ****** bag. That makes no sense at all. People are ignorant.

To me, ******* means the same thing as *********, gardenia, ******* etc....I rarely think of it in it's original context even though I am aware of what it originally meant. If I called someone a ******* and they said "my parents were married" it would be like me calling someone an ******* and them saying "I'm not literally an anus." That's not what I meant lol. That being said, either meaning is unsavory and a friend wouldn't call you such unless in jest.

I'd say, don't bother at all what other people speak. First, it was never in your hands if you were born with married parents or not. So how does it insult you? It's stupid when innocent people are blamed of something bad (if it is considered bad, in the first place) in which they weren't even involved.

Secondly, nobody except you knows what you are as a person. Don't let others' word bother you. They don't know you. Whatever they say, is just an assumption. Don't let it get to you. Just be proud of yourself, and keep improving. Let others say or think whatever they want. There will always be a whole bunch of people who will dislike, no matter how good you are.

Sci-Fi said:
******* may refer to: A child whose birth lacks legal legitimacy—that is, one born to a woman and a man who are not legally married

I read a comment on here today, and there was a comment on one of my favorite tv programs last night that is really bugging me. I just want to rant about his for a bit.

Are we not in the 21st Century? Yeah I'm a child who was born "out of wedlock" (seriously like that holds any meaning these days) and I've tried to joke about it myself. But in all honesty, it really, REALLY bothers me. It's normally used in a derogatory way too, to put someone down or insult another person.

When someone says "don't call me a ******* cause my parents were married", that is such a kick in the ass to others who's parents weren't, or those who preach about not having children out of wedlock. We're not lesser people.

We're not.

/rant

Holy crap, now that I think about it, I'm a ******* too! :eek:

Well, does it count if they got married after you were born? Not that it ever mattered to me much, children born out of wedlock are so common nowadays and since I don't agree with marriage, it couldn't mean any less to me!

Sorry to necro, but I just found this topic fascinating. *sweat*

I don't think any child born out of wedlock is illegitimate. And to be quite honest, I never really heard that on quite a daily basis in a normal conversation until I came down here. I think it's absolutely terrible that anybody would ever consider a child, a baby, a being who didn't decide when, where, how, or who it was born to "illegitimate." I've never been more disgusting in my life that people actually think that about an innocent baby. Just because the parents weren't married, doesn't mean they're invalid or fraudulent.

Before or after marriage, might I add, Rabbit... It shouldn't be either way.

VanillaCreme said:
I don't think any child born out of wedlock is illegitimate. And to be quite honest, I never really heard that on quite a daily basis in a normal conversation until I came down here. I think it's absolutely terrible that anybody would ever consider a child, a baby, a being who didn't decide when, where, how, or who it was born to "illegitimate." I've never been more disgusting in my life that people actually think that about an innocent baby. Just because the parents weren't married, doesn't mean they're invalid or fraudulent.

Before or after marriage, might I add, Rabbit... It shouldn't be either way.

Absolutely. I think it was just a bullshit loophole created so one parent could get out of doing the job of being one. And so married folks could fresia around and then cast away the "consequence" (the child) afterwards. The child is a living, breathing, valid display of human life no less than anyone else.

Yeah, I don't know about Canada, but I'm from Australia, both here and in England the word gets used all the time and it just means *******/duche/gardenia etc. Seriously no one cares anymore about being born out of wedlock, half the population would be stigmatized then! Anyone who looks for such a pathetic excuse to insult you is really not worth worrying about.

Agreed.. just another slang term out of the many that is just plain annoying.

I hate to bump this thread, but I was called a ******* in elementary school. My parents never got married, and my mom left my dad, so I genuinely never knew him.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I hate to bump this thread, but I was called a ******* in elementary school. My parents never got married, and my mom left my dad, so I genuinely never knew him.

Sooo you're saying that you didn't mind it because of this?

I grew up in NYC. Getting insulted runs off your back like rainwater as your best friends will call you names jokingly. It's just part of the culture for a lot of people. Calling someone a ******* is just like calling someone a ***** to me. And both are insignificant.

The merits of not using any derogatory comments aside, it will really benefit a person in life if you can reach a point to not care when somebody calls you any names. The things that hurt the most to me are simple truths, not names.

9006 said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Sooo you're saying that you didn't mind it because of this?

I actually minded. It was a terrible thing when I was in elementary school.

Now, I don't care so much, because a lot of children are born in that type of situation.

Latest posts

Back