I don't understand. Where did I go so wrong?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kamya said:
Its interesting that it is automatically assumed that these lonely doods arent already doing this.

it? nice...

Are they? if so speak up..say so.

"I already workout like a machine and Im in terrific shape!"

Hadnt heard that one yet....all ears...or eyes as the case may be...

And yet, I've strived to improve myself over the years-not for the sole purpose of attracting a potential girlfriend, but just to generally be a better person. I work a 38 hour week, taking home roughly $750(australian dollars). I live independently from my parents in a rented apartment on my own. I keep myself fit through mixed martial arts. And I make an effort to maintain at least 3 social groups I'm associated with.

Straight from the OP. It helps if you actually read before trying to give the same tired default advice that we've all heard 1000 times already.

Whats next? What other stupid assumptions can we make to justify our idea of how the world works? Maybe he should work on hygiene? Is op showering? Do you have clean clothes? Brush your teeth?

Open eyes and ears dont matter if the mind stays closed.

kamya said:
Its interesting that it is automatically assumed that these lonely doods arent already doing this.

If you read bd1974's post in the intro forum then he mentions he is fat which means I can only presume he hasn't done this.

Xpendable said:
Nothing wrong. The problem is that all the advices and tips you hear are wrong. You get a relationship through random chance and there's no real rules or methods that can apply to everyone. Horrible people get relationships, good people get, boring people, etc. Just hope that luck comes to you.

Random chance!??? LMAO..yea wait for the ship to come in..one day. Be much easier that trying to go out..TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE AND GET SOMETHING YOU WANT.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

So your advice is to do nothing...dont change your behavior if you are unhappy...just sit and wait for something to happen???

I dont control the wind but I DO control the rudder of the ship...and the sails...and when she sails and when she comes to port..when she anchors...
And if my ship has engines....I dont need the wind.....

Unfortunately, with women it always comes back to looks. Go work out more and maybe you'll be attractive. Well, I'm short so that wouldn't matter.

bd1974 said:
Unfortunately, with women it always comes back to looks. Go work out more and maybe you'll be attractive. Well, I'm short so that wouldn't matter.

Short? No big deal..no pun intended...but short guys can get strong as hell! They have less distance to move the weight..

Forsaken-Knight said:
Xpendable said:
Nothing wrong. The problem is that all the advices and tips you hear are wrong. You get a relationship through random chance and there's no real rules or methods that can apply to everyone. Horrible people get relationships, good people get, boring people, etc. Just hope that luck comes to you.

Random chance!??? LMAO..yea wait for the ship to come in..one day. Be much easier that trying to go out..TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE AND GET SOMETHING YOU WANT.

So your advice is to do nothing...dont change your behavior if you are unhappy...just sit and wait for something to happen???

I shall sit in my tower and wait for my Prince Charming to come to me. :club:

Forsaken-Knight said:
I dont control the wind but I DO control the rudder of the ship...and the sails...and when she sails and when she comes to port..when she anchors...

And when all else fails....row row row your boat.....

bd1974 said:

The majority of the guys I've dated have been shorter than me. The guy I married is shorter than me. Who the hell cares.
You are sitting here blaming this and blaming that. Have you considered that maybe if you weren't so negative and didn't blame anyone else that maybe you might have better luck? If you are convinced you are going to fail before you ever even walk out the door or say hello, you're going to make yourself fail.

bd1974 said:

Lol, the guy training me is short and the guy training with me is short and they both have girlfriends. I'm around 5'11 and I'm single.

TheRealCallie said:
You are sitting here blaming this and blaming that. Have you considered that many if you weren't so negative and didn't blame anyone else that maybe you might have better luck? If you are convinced you are going to fail before you ever even walk out the door or say hello, you're going to make yourself fail.

Agreed 100%

TheRealCallie said:
Forsaken-Knight said:
Xpendable said:

I shall sit in my tower and wait for my Prince Charming to come to me. :club:

Forsaken-Knight said:

And when all else fails....row row row your boat.....

bd1974 said:

The majority of the guys I've dated have been shorter than me. The guy I married is shorter than me. Who the hell cares.
You are sitting here blaming this and blaming that. Have you considered that maybe if you weren't so negative and didn't blame anyone else that maybe you might have better luck? If you are convinced you are going to fail before you ever even walk out the door or say hello, you're going to make yourself fail.

And when all else fails....row row row your boat.....exactly! do SOMETHING..

Paraiyar said:
TheRealCallie said:
You are sitting here blaming this and blaming that. Have you considered that many if you weren't so negative and didn't blame anyone else that maybe you might have better luck? If you are convinced you are going to fail before you ever even walk out the door or say hello, you're going to make yourself fail.

Agreed 100%

Youre going to fail..because you never tried in the first place..granted..its easier..safer...but anything worth doing is not easy...

Id rather try and fail than not try at all....and try again and again..till i succeed...

Xpendable said:

Sorry but this has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on this forum...

Paraiyar said:
Xpendable said:

Sorry but this has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on this forum...

hahaahahahh right on!

He who waits for "random chance" might be waiting for a long time.....like forever...i dont have that much time to waste.....

Principle of least interest: whoever cares least has the power in relationships, which could be applied to socializing and dating as well. Maybe have some empathy for the OP.

I don't know if it is the language barrier or my inability to express myself correctly, but I realize I can't make anyone understand my point of view. It has been a long time for having conversations and sharing experiences but now I don't see any reason for me to keep trying to explain myself. I have no motivation to open up and say what I feel. I don't know if I should keep commenting or just read what other people put on and see if it can help.

Stop with the insults, I see words like stupid and dumb being tossed around here. Do not demean other peoples opinions or posts, everyone has their own point of view however they come to it. Disagree if you like but no not start with the insults. Most of you posting here know this. It stops.

Latest posts

Back