I see a LOT of shallowness on this board

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

septicemia

Reaction score
Time and time again I read on this board about how beautiful women wont give a guy the time of day, and how beautiful women this, and beautiful women that, and how beautiful women are horrible bitches for not being in love with the lonely man. In fact, I just read a response on this forum that said "I was sleeping with an ugly woman for a while, no one knew what was going on." Well now that shallow ass is sitting all alone here on the forum, serves him right! Maybe if men would stop being so **** shallow and give some of us not stunningly beautiful women a second, there would be a lot less aloneness going on.

Shame on you men who only go for beautiful women, while purposefully insulting the less physically fortunate, you get all the loneliness and misery you deserve. Maybe if you were to give a normal gal a chance for once, things might work out.

Yeah I do that but they dont...Im average looking I think and I dont care too much about girls appearance, I tried my luck with not so pretty women to see if their personality is nice but...they all shot me down ... dont know why..its probably im boring or not so good looking. Who knows really as it depends on every single individual. They also say that they have to be attracted to me first to give me a try so...or they are sometimes attracted to what you have instead who you are.

Anyways..Soul is that matters for me the most, just your Core and your love for me will be enough to make me happy. I learned to love uncoditionaly so you dont have to really love me back anymore - this took me too much pain to learn and its hard in some situations. I hope Ill find that ONE one day. or at least someone who is attracted to me.

It really doesnt matter how you look like, the only thing that matters the most is your soul anyway. Just staying clean and nice dressed will be enough for intelligent human beings.

sry for my english

septicemia said:
Shame on you men who only go for beautiful women, while purposefully insulting the less physically fortunate, you get all the loneliness and misery you deserve. Maybe if you were to give a normal gal a chance for once, things might work out.

Yeah, I must confess I didn't like that "I dated an ugly girl..." post much either.

However, I don't think that's really a reflection on the user base here, more just an isolated comment.

Girls certainly weren't interested in me physically when I was overweight (most of my life prior to this point, in other words) - does that mean girls in general are shallow and would never have liked me like that? Of course not.

I'm gonna be single a long time I think. (This might look like a tangent but its really not)

I dont go by appearances at all. It is inner qualites which count.
I find that online dating can be a pain because so often the other person will want to see your photo before they will bother wanting to get to know anything about you. This puts me off.

That's nice, calling the majority of the forum shallow.

I haven't seen many shallow posts, more of people who go on about not getting these "beautiful" people dating them, which I wouldn't call shallow.

Tiina63 said:
so often the other person will want to see your photo before they will bother wanting to get to know anything about you. This puts me off.

Exactly.

miltonbradley said:
I'm a 9.5/10 and any girl I date must be at least a 9 or she can kick rocks

You're kidding, right? I do hope so. I'm tired and my sense of humour is lapsing somewhat :(

I think people who want personal relationships with someone will always want to see what the other person looks like, it's only natural, you have to be attracted to the other person to want the relationship to succeed.

However, online relationships are different in my mind, I don't need to see the other person, in fact I prefer not to and can build a mental picture of them myself, based on what they say. I think online friends are more like a meeting of minds.

Everyone has a right to be with whoever they want to be.

Also beauty is relative.

Looks aren't just pure shallowness. The way a person looks can tell you if he is neat, takes good care of his body, and of course it's phisically attractive to you. This does matter for most people, boy or girl. Everyone has it's own taste. I know a girl who likes skinny pretty boys, another who likes chubby man and some other girl who liked big muscular guys.

Is their own right. Everyone is entitled to choose the person the're gonna be with.

Most males feel the same way about females.

If girls would only give us nerdy/geeky, nice guys a chance, things might work out.....Both genders stereotype.

In a lonely place said:
I think people who want personal relationships with someone will always want to see what the other person looks like, it's only natural, you have to be attracted to the other person to want the relationship to succeed.

I'd generally agree with this. But I think physical attraction is a very broad spectrum.

I find the longer you spend in someone's company, the more physically desirable they become. At least, that's my experience anyway.

Plus sometimes things just bypass that completely. A girl hit me with a point-blank double entendre a couple of weeks back and it made me want to snog her face numb on the spot :shy:

You guys are missing the point.

How would you feel if you liked someone and you were chatting along just fine.

Then, they asked you for your picture and immediately afterwards there was silence or they didn't respond or told you they had to go and never came back?

OR immediately upon meeting you they ask for a pic, and then you said no, fearing what I just wrote in the paragraph above was going to happen, and they keep pressing, making you feel like who you were inside was worthless.

This is what I am talking about.

SophiaGrace said:
You guys are missing the point.

How would you feel if you liked someone and you were chatting along just fine.

Then, they asked you for your picture and immediately afterwards there was silence or they didn't respond or told you they had to go and never came back?

OR immediately upon meeting you they ask for a pic, and then you said no, fearing what I just wrote in the paragraph above was going to happen, and they keep pressing, making you feel like who you were inside was worthless.

This is what I am talking about.

I agree that kind of behaviour would be hard to take. I hope I wouldn't behave like that. I try to see the personality behind the image, I try to see the person inside. People who don't look beyond the image are not worth bothering with in my opinion.

In a lonely place said:
I agree that kind of behaviour would be hard to take. I hope I wouldn't behave like that. I try to see the personality behind the image, I try to see the person inside. People who don't look beyond the image are not worth bothering with in my opinion.

This.

In fact, years ago, people gleefully told me to my face that I was ugly/unappealing/unsexy and it really hurt at first. Then I realised that they were not worth listening to in the first place.

If people don't like someone's physical appearance, their refusal to look beyond that is indicative of prejudice or a shallow nature, simple as.

There's a difference between not finding someone physically attractive for example, and taking that to the extreme of not even communicating with them.

For that reason, I'd say never hesitate about sending an image in those circumstances - it can only show you a glimpse of the other person's personality in how they respond.

Surface beauty is what initial attraction is based upon.

However, if I really got to know a girl, and really liked her, and she wasn't my ideal...she would become more beautiful in my eyes. Maybe not, if I was only looking at supermodels...but unless you're Brad Pitt, you can't demand a supermodel. Not gonna happen.

well there is no excuse for being rude, but it has nothing to do with people's right to pick his/her sexual partner. if someone's 'shallow'... that peroson's not gonna change because of you so my suggestion is move on and beware for what might happen the next time. Plenty of ******** out there so one has to be ready to deal with it.

septicemia said:
Time and time again I read on this board about how beautiful women wont give a guy the time of day, and how beautiful women this, and beautiful women that, and how beautiful women are horrible bitches for not being in love with the lonely man. In fact, I just read a response on this forum that said "I was sleeping with an ugly woman for a while, no one knew what was going on." Well now that shallow ass is sitting all alone here on the forum, serves him right! Maybe if men would stop being so **** shallow and give some of us not stunningly beautiful women a second, there would be a lot less aloneness going on.

Wow...
I just read this post... and I'm almost HIV positive that you are referring to something I posted not too long ago.

well... please dont take it the wrong way. I go for plane jane types...
but truth be told... I never hit on girls.. they hit on me... (sounds arrogant ok... but hear me out) I've had 3 gf in total.

1st is love of my life, plane jane. and the best lover i've had.

2nd was pretty and manipulative but insecure... as most pretty girls are... but i guess most girls are in general are insecure.

3rd had a kid, is separated from son and husband, big frame (weighed almost as much as me), short&dyed GOLD hair, and FOB (asian speak for HK/China and I am CBC, canadian born chinese. im 6'2 and 185lbs... just FYI)

Ok... I was referring to the 3rd person. she came up to me when I sang my heart out at kareoke one night. we shared stories in the car. and I gave her a chance. we both needed love. dated for 2-3months? and it was a new experience for both of us... we had communication but it wasnt strong or deep. if you could imagine it... i dunno how else to describe it.

Anyway... what is your complaint?
that I didnt marry her? lol...

thats all.. just wanted to point out your misdirected generalization.
i'm inclined to say 'stop projecting'... but i dont want to.... :p

TIP: if you are a single girl and like a guy... you've got nothing to lose by making the first move. you never know.

Well you are partially right. When I was younger I thought I'd only go after good looking women, but to be honest the best times I've had in my life were with normal girls, sex was good too :). IMO it boils down to effort and social skills, on the part of either sex. You can be a normal looking gal and still catch a very handsome man, and vice versa. BUT, a big but (no I'm not into big butts) I absolutely have to find the girl physically attractive. That doesn't mean she has to have giant tits (personally I dont like big breasts) or be tall and slim...etc but I have to find her physically attractive.

Does that make me shallow?, I don't really care. Its just honesty.

Latest posts

Back