I think my shyness puts guys off

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always preferred the quiet and thoughtfull type myself. The loud gals were a turn off. Someone who I didn't feel I needed to enertain and keep excited constantly.

(D) lol, what's wrong with "loud gals?"
Can't a person be vibrant AND thoughtful? o_O

I think there is a whole group somewhere between bouncing off the walls and sitting quietly in a corner. I see myself as very soft spoken and though I'm always in motion or just basically "wiggly" I'm almost never hyper. On the flip side I can sit somewhere very peacefully but get me with the right person and I can be soft spoken and very fun-loving and naughty ALL at the same time. A personality, multitasker! But I HAD to make the personality work, because I look like a fuzzy, wild haired, flat-chested, little boy.... :D At 42 that isn't so cool.

I'm pretty sure my shyness puts off most people. I also don't express my happiness on the outside unless I'm laughing, so people are always asking "Are you ok?" and I'm like "What? Of course I am!". I keep a very neutral face most of the time. So being quiet and not smiling is just a recipe to get overlooked by most guys. *le sigh*

my shyness is definately a turn off...one of the people i used to consider friends used to tell me "Some girls like shy guys" and she was a very good looking girl so i believed her. few years later and im still searchin for that shy guy lover :D

^^^NOooooooo loud ppl don't suck! :D THEY IS AWESOMES.

I say this because I am a loud person. (d) lol

^^^Hahaha

I'd almost rather have it done WRONG by someone else than do it RIGHT by myself for the rest of my life.

lulz

Hijacc said:
Gah I dont se how it put guys off shyness is atrractive. <.<

I was just going to say the same. Shyness can be awful for the person, but it is a very attractive feature for other people. Sometimes i use my shyness to my advantage. True enough if you give one word answers after a few weeks things can change.
Another thing i have noticed ( and heard off people) is thats its hard to distinguish between shyness and snobbishness AT FIRST GLANCE. Make sure people know you are shy , and not looking down at them . Shy people are lovely and caring , snobs are horrible and nasty ....complete opposites yet they can appear similar on first meeting a perso.
Theres nothing more off putting than arrogant big mouths.

Snobby arrogance from a BIG mouth or a smaller one is the ultimate turn-off for me. I think shy can be very sweet and endearing.

Don’t worry Panda, it’s the Moth (guys) to the flame (loud girls) thing. There is no depth and the interaction is short lived.

I would dare say (as a guy) that quite girls are more interesting, and it is a guy’s job to get the girls interest. If you look too hard, you will not find anything, just relax. Sometimes you just need to blurt out what is on your mind, think of it as a conversation starter.

I wish all girls were shy, that would be awesome cuz im really shy too and the outgoing and talkative ones hate it if you can't constantly keep up a conversation.

Latest posts

Back