I Wonder Why...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

copperation

Being a 29 year old single bloke who hasn't had a date for a year now, I thought I had it pretty bad. But some poor wonders I've seen on here are in their 30s or older and they haven't even dated at all in their lives, never mind had a girlfriend. I thought that because my last proper long-term girlfriend was years ago and all I've had is flings since then made me some sort of bottom-of-the-pile saddo. But I don't feel too bad and I can still laugh and interact with people properly. Probably. I think.

But I have wondered at how there do seem to be more lonely single blokes about than lonely single women. People like me who buy frozen foods in single portions, don't bother to wear a dressing gown and who have long forgotten that many people need to close the lavatory door when they go, both at home as well as at work.

I read somewhere that women make 2/3 of the population, though I could swear blind that it was vice-versa. Very few women I see on my travels seem to be single (or looking sad enough to be) whilst single men seem to flood the place.

I wonder why men take being alone much worse than women do, and I think it's probably because it's men who are the gentler sex. Beneath the gruff exterior we feel pain more than women do (with the exception of chavs (who are nasty to the core) and women about to give birth).

And I can't understand how lonely men seem to be in greater number than lonely women. Yes, some scientists say more men than women are weird, violent or soppy as sacks, but it doesn't stop black-eyed inner-city girls from taking the plunge with their bad choices all the same.

Women say they want strong, masculine confident types who they can rely on, which is fair enough. But they also say they want sensitive, soft and gentle qualities at the same time. Which is largely a paradox. And I think that's the answer to why so many perfectly nice men end up ignored - they haven't discovered they need to walk a tightrope to live up to a synthetic perception, probably a payback for all that slimming, waxing and constant sex the ladies feel they have to do.​

copperation said:

Women say they want strong, masculine confident types who they can rely on, which is fair enough.​

OH SHI-

On a more serious note, and I speak with no exp. points in this skill tree, could the problem you have with your confused perceptions of what women want is that they are not a single they. My guess is that some women look for different things, but I guess some really do want it all. Still, I think within half the human population there may be differences of taste.

Yes, women aren't a single 'they', nor are we.

But I found that generally speaking, in my experience, women do want these things in a man, only the extent varying.

:D you guys crack me up.
copperation said:
Women say they want strong, masculine confident types who they can rely on, which is fair enough.
I think shy guys are really cute. Overly confident guys make me think that they just want to get in my pants (usually, that's true) and I have a bit of a problem with guys who are way stronger than me. It makes me feel pathetic when a guy is too much stronger than me. :( A bit stronger is ok, but being made to look pathetic is a fate worse than death to me. But being reliable is always important. No one likes a flake.

HiddenHydey said:
I think within half the human population there may be differences of taste.
well by god, I think we've got something here! Although you probably could just write me off as a teenage weirdo... I do have slightly unusual tastes in guys.

copperation said:
Very few women I see on my travels seem to be single (or looking sad enough to be) whilst single men seem to flood the place.
Alright, I could be sexist and mean, but that would be unfair of me to group nice guys like you with ass holes like my bf. So I'm going to have to be vague and say that perhaps women are better at hiding their feelings than men are.

Qui said:
Alright, I could be sexist and mean, but that would be unfair of me to group nice guys like you with ass holes like my bf. So I'm going to have to be vague and say that perhaps women are better at hiding their feelings than men are.

There are really a lot more single, lonely guys. If a girl is single she has so many options, usually a person whether it be male or female will want to be her friend. But with a lot of times a single guy has absolutely no one and therefore keeps going further and further in the hole because if you have no friends then no one wants to date you. A large majority of girls have SOME dating experience by the time they are 19/20 but many guys do not. Because it's the guy's job to ask out the girl, the shy/awkward/ugly guys all get left out of the dating game because they have no confidence at all. And we KNOW how much girls want confidence.

And not to use your words against you, but so many girls stick with guys no matter how much of an ******* they are to them. However how often do you see a guy saying, "wow my gf is such an *******, she treats me really badly and hits on other guys all the time"? Why girls do this, I do not know. But the fact is, the girl will still stay with the guy even if he's a prick. Causing lower rates of singleness in the female population (the guy is probably playing 2 or more girls, which creates the difference between the sexes).

I've often wondered why some women are just stupid as to stay with guys who are really mean to them.

My neighbour for example, lovely girl on the bottom line, decided to live with an almost psychotically aggressive nut who used to bully her all the time. Her screams would be part of the background noise and the cops were round regularly. When she finally got rid of him (he got the message, stuck right in his back) I thought that was that, as did she.

Then she found another bully and the racket started again, though luckily not as bad.

(She did go round with a nice bloke for 5 months and all was happy and peaceful. But he must have been a flash in the pan because she's with another arse again.)

I think maybe we seem less lonely is becuase, i don't think females need a boyfriend as much as guys need a girlfriend.

A female (remeber this is just my opion) won't mind being single as long as she's got soome loyal girlfriends to hang with.

Maybe you should try to find some guy friends. or maybe if you know a girl ask if she'd want to be just friends (though i've heard guys hate that.) and just have some coffee.

I don't know I'm just trying to help

peace

:)

Lonelyloser, by reading your posts I feel like you're pritty smart guy.

I hate though when guys don't talk and there's this moment of silence. In my had I'm just thinking "****, just say whatever....talk".

I think in situations like this you should tell her some compliments....even make up stuff if needed.

I dumped my last boyfriend because he wined all the time and found 100 exuses for himself...and many more stuff.
But I will never forget this other one...I was 20 he was 18(he lied about his age...otherwise I would never hang out with some1 younger than me)but he was so silly. Never boring. He would make jokes, make up his own stupid stuff and laugh at it. Sometimes they werent funny to me...but because he was laughing all the time at his silly stuff I was looking at him and would start to laugh at him because he would laugh at his silly jokes. It was fun.
but my last boyfriend was negative all the time, reraly smiled, wined.....after a year of dating I physically couldn't take it. His mood made me sick.

many girls tend to like guys not for their looks but some inner world...I guess.

evanescencefan91 said:
I think maybe we seem less lonely is becuase, i don't think females need a boyfriend as much as guys need a girlfriend.

A female (remeber this is just my opion) won't mind being single as long as she's got soome loyal girlfriends to hang with.

I agree. But if girls don't need a boyfriend so much, why do they keep dating the arrogant pricks instead of breaking up with them? If my gf was a *****, she'd be out the door in no time. I'd much rather be lonely than have to deal with that negativity.

e.m.e said:
I think in situations like this you should tell her some compliments....even make up stuff if needed.

I'm torn on this one. If I try giving a girl compliments, she'll just think I'm desperate. That tactic might have worked in the 1960's but not now. It seems like the only way I can get a girl to notice me is if I'm a super baller.

BTW thanks for the compliment:) lol

Women are more likely to criticise men than men are to criticise women. And from my experience that doesn't help a sensitive guy's confidence.

Here's just one example: Not long ago I foolishly asked a women's forum set up by Microsoft for some advice on a situation I was experiencing regarding a woman. Rather than help me by going through the options and perspectives, etc, they merely became a wolfpack and tore me to ribbons. I was insulted for supposed inadequacy and asked all kinds of impertinent questions and lambasted for not giving more ammunition by replying. The stupid stupid man must be punished for his ignorance. Lucky I only gave them a few bare essential points and wasn't there in person.

All that stuff you read about the female being deadlier than the male is totally spot-on. The only way a sizeable number of women will give nice quiet people a chance is when their population percentage grows from 2/3 to 3/4. Then they'll have to face up to the fact that sometimes you just have to take what you can get. (Nothing in the case of some of us).

lonelyloser said:
I'm torn on this one. If I try giving a girl compliments, she'll just think I'm desperate. That tactic might have worked in the 1960's but not now. It seems like the only way I can get a girl to notice me is if I'm a super baller.

BTW thanks for the compliment:) lol
whats a baller?...
a compliment is simply noticing that someone is pretty, has pretty eyes or hair. or something like "thats sweet" or whatever.
its simply a nice thing to say about someone.
of course if you say:"yo, can I get some?" its offensive. I know because I also heared that couple of times. complete turn off.
well anyway, I hear men complimenting women all the time. So here I don't get you. Maybe thats the problem. As a woman, I'm telling you what works. Of course try your best not to look desperate even if you are. If you reach moment of silence start asking questions about her. I don't know man...this is how a simple conversation starts.I'm sure you know.

mimizu said:
I thought that's American slang... O_O

Really? I thought it was Brit. Go figure. I need to be put to pasture.

You're right. Puff Daddy said it best: "What you wanna do? Wanna be ballers, shot callers, brawlers"
P Ditty

Colette said:
You're right. Puff Daddy said it best: "What you wanna do? Wanna be ballers, shot callers, brawlers"
P Ditty

oh yeah I remeber that song, didn't know what that meant.
thanks for clearefying

I though that baller was a "sugar daddy"...or even better , something that had to do with someone's balls....lol

not true . When I was 17 I sort of hooked up with a doctor he was in his early 50s I guess. No metter what he bought me I couldn't kiss that worted frog. After 2 months of "dating" he wanted sex...well thats when I had to dump him. Unfortunately, I was too young and thought that I could love or kiss anyone who had money. Wrong....eeeeeee

e.m.e. said:
Colette said:
P Ditty

oh yeah I remeber that song, didn't know what that meant.
thanks for clearefying

I though that baller was a "sugar daddy"...or even better , something that had to do with someone's balls....lol

not true . When I was 17 I sort of hooked up with a doctor he was in his early 50s I guess. No metter what he bought me I couldn't kiss that worted frog. After 2 months of "dating" he wanted sex...well thats when I had to dump him. Unfortunately, I was too young and thought that I could love or kiss anyone who had money. Wrong....eeeeeee

When I was 22 I was seeing someone who was 47. It was very intense. I'll never regret that experience. We saw each other off and on for 8 years.

Latest posts

Back