If you are a guy and

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClosetGeek

Reaction score
you happen to be at some social event, and you run into this interesting woman, whom you have been watching for a while and you finally get your chance to talk to her. Everything is going smooth, she is showing interest in the conversation that is taking place. Suddenly the door opens and three extremely handsome and attractive men walk in. They come over to the woman you are talking to and you suddenly feel that you don't have her attention anymore. They circle around that woman, talk to her and go into another topic.

As a man, what would you?

a) Leave
b) Try to walk up to that woman again and fight for her attention and compete with the other men

c) pull out a gun, shoot the three men, and drag the woman off to the secluded castle.

In all seriousness though, I'd owe it to myself to stay in the conversation, even if they changed it. Walking away means they're somehow better than me; if this woman is that interesting, I'm not just going to give up because three goons show up. I can hold my own in a conversation.

That being said, if you know you're talking to a catch, it's your responsibility to make that conversation irreplaceable. In other words, if the conversation you're having is boring, can be duplicated by any tom, dick or harry, and is not humorous/ witty, you can't expect her to stick around with you when other people (handsome or otherwise) show up.

I'd wait it out. Keep in the convo, act like they aren't sabotaging my good opportunity. After they come to a stopping point, I would get her number or some sort of contact and talk to her about it. Hopefully something would happen. If the girl would take some dolt over me then they don't deserve me anyways.

i'd walk away
since i would not have a chance at competing with anyone..
and quite frankly, if the other person is distracted, they are obviously not that interested...

It depends if i was drunk or not.
I can take all three of them if I'm brave or wacked out of my freaken mind.lmao
I marked my territory...danm it.lol

Even if i did get my ass beat....She probably hate those basturd for beating me up.
Then she'll take me home...and heal me.lmao

See..she'll adore me even more becuase I was willing to fight for her.
Which ment..I would lay down my life for her and do whatever it takes if we were to mug or put into dangerous situation.
Which ment if it went any further..she'd know I'd live and die for her love and do anything for her.lol

It really depends on the tone and full conditions of the situation, and I don't feel I have enough clarity on that based on this hypothetical situation you've presented us with. It's really hard to say what I'd do. You've gotta love on-the-fly judgement! :)

I will say this though. When I sense that people are less interested in me than they are another party, I am the type to move along. I don't like feeling like I'm less welcomed or desired than someone else. I don't treat other people that way, regardless of how I feel inside. Why subject yourself to humiliation? Now, if I feel I can contribute to the conversation, maybe I'd give that a shot. But if what I'm contributing is futile in my effort to "entertain" and get some human feedback to the point I might as well have been completely CUT from the conversation (made invisible, etc.), then I can move along. Why waste her/their time, and why waste mine in humiliating myself?

Well , even if i did get my ass beat by the three guys and the slut didn't gave a rats ass.
There's always one in the room willing to take in a lost puppy, take it home and
heal it back to life.lmao.

See...it was going hurt one way or the other..I'd either go home alone and wanna hang myself.
Or i can go home with someone.

Ahhhhh Guys, oh my god, all of you that said you would walk away. Only if I were smarter when I was younger.
When I was younger and I would be interested in a young man that would by shy and just walk away when a confident guy showed up made me feel that he wasn't interested. I thought I was the problem. If I only new how many nice guys I let walk away. Duh, most of the confident guys were jerks.

Take note you never know what us girls are thinking :)

Not me...i didn't.lol
You probably want a whippy guy to boss around.lol Which not so bad from you piont of view.lmao
I'm just being sarcastic.

We already know not to try to figure out your thinking. That's why we have plutonic relationships or
lets just be friends.lmao
Or we talk to the gals at the office, or we call our ex-gf.lmao
Sometimes we even talk to your best freind or sisters.
Sometime the ex-gf is your best freind or sisters.

You have to date sisters at least once in your life.lol

I will leave.. not because I m a shy kind of guy (i m never) but only for the reason that I hate fighting.

Blue2008 said:
...If I only new how many nice guys I let walk away. ...

Well when we are edged out of the conversation and just awkwardly kind of standing there it seems that it is time to leave.

Latest posts

Back