If you are a guy and

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well when we are edged out of the conversation and just awkwardly kind of standing there it seems that it is time to leave.

I think that's a no brainer.lol

I wouldnt leave, i would stay. even if they change the subject, just go with it, dont be an outsider. She will see your confidence and the guys will see your not a pussy, and would most likely move on. even if you send of vibes towards the guys like you are a couple lol.

but really by leaving your killing any chance you will ever have with her. if you approach her again she would be like, oh your that guy that ditched me.

Sanal said:
I will leave.. not because I m a shy kind of guy (i m never) but only for the reason that I hate fighting.

who said you had to fight?

Blue2008 said:
Well when we are edged out of the conversation and just awkwardly kind of standing there it seems that it is time to leave.

i know the feeling, and that its hard, but you just gotta throw your two cents in, get in the conversation or just completely change it. When they talk to her stand next to her like there talking to you aswell, and actually talk back so they do talk to you.

Sanal said:
I will leave.. not because I m a shy kind of guy (i m never) but only for the reason that I hate fighting.
Porman said:
who said you had to fight?

dude.. I will walk away frm an argument too..if I stay, it will only end up in a fight.:p and I m tryin to change my behaviour from past few years..

besides its 3 against 1.. There is a good chance of me gettin beaten up.. :p..

and the question is about what will you do if you find you dont have her attention anymore.. There is a big chance that she is more interested in these 3 guys.. So better walk away rather than be annoying..

I will combine both sanal and porman reply and make my own. Before all off the ordeal I face at college, I was a complete wimp, and I let people take advantage of me, but now i'm a different person, and therefore my answer would be....

Depending on the situation and if she interested in me, then I won't stay, I will leave, but with pride. If those 3 guys start to get on my nerves, I will kick them all in the crouch and since that not really fighting, I won't get arrested, and if she still interested she will give me her number. No crazy arrogant jerk who have the nerve to step in on a girl I'm talking to will get away that easy.

I don't care if i'm shy toward girl, but pride is the most important trait for a confidence or non low self esteem person, and walking away show the girl your not worth her time, but I will not fight for her so that she will go out with me. If anything,l I will find a way for them to leave, either calling the cop on them suddently inside some restroom and have then falsely arrested and even thought that shady, they are shady for even coming in and trying to take my girl.

So yeah, ain't happening buddy. You better go hit the hay and don't yall come a round here no more.

I would just leave. Its not worth the energy and time to gain someone's attention when they treat you like that.

I would nod at her and walk away.
If she was interested, she would excuse herself and follow me.

Plus I am a socially awkward and inexperienced. I wouldn't even know how to approach that situation without turning her away.

If I still had the chance to contribute to the conversation I think I would owe it to myself to stay. However, if I was being shut out I see no point whatsoever in sticking around.

Gents...I am going to shout at you.

Where are your collective genitals? A couple of weeks ago my girlfriend and I had a small disagreement...very very minor...but she got the wrong end of the stick and I didn't like what she was thinking...so what would you do...walk away?

I texted her and told her...then half an hour later phoned her and left her a voice message...and then half an hour later drove to see her and fought for her...because she is worth it. She needed to know that she was thinking the wrong things and that I love her to pieces...so I went to see her and told her. It took a hell of a lot of guts to do it but it needed to be done...and I am very proud that I did.

How much do you want it gents?

If you want to walk away then walk away. If you have plucked up the courage to speak to someone then go with it...don't give up. There are plenty of blokes out there that will smell your fear and act upon it. If the woman says that she doesn't want to talk to you then she wont...and if the three blokes are the kind we think they are then why should you give up?

Lads you are better than anyone else...start believing it....show someone that you care by hanging in there and joining in. They are not better than you....and if it is to be then it will be.

Nothing ventured...nothing gained.

I think it's a shame that people are saying they'd walk away because someone else starts talking to the girl. For all you know, she could see you walking away as a sign that you're not interested in her.

davechaos, Pleas don't shout at me sir :( lol

I think davechaos and Helen are right in that we should not just walk away. But if the women looked like she was moor interested in the guy that just walked over then I think I would probably get that sinking feeling and even if I did stay I don't think I could be much fun. I think with me it would just depend what mood am in and maybe how much to drink Ive had lol

The reason why I would probably walk away is cos I would not want to be a guy that just seats there why say the women and this other guy is trying to get it on. I would feel like a gooseberry. There is nothing weirs then a 3ed person just hanging around. I would feel like that 3ed person if I stayed.

If a beautiful woman is talking to me and interested in what I'm saying the first thing I should do is wake up, case I'm dreaming again.

This has happen to me before, and I stuck around for a little while, but when I am left out of the conversation I feel stupid if I try too hard, so I'll excuss myself and go find someone I'm more at ease with, (Captain Morgan).:p Then after awhile the ugly girl in the corner that everyone is ignoring starts to look mighty fine and is usually a great person so I leave happy anyway.

davechaos said:
...and then half an hour later drove to see her and fought for her...because she is worth it.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so romantic! *sniff* *sniff* Booo hooo hooo
Where have all the knights in shining armour gone? I guess there aren't many like you, Dave. :) Boooo hooo hooo... Somebody give me a handkerchief, please.

Nalee....ur a nurse. I know a woman like yourself would take me home and heal me back to life.
Put bandaide on my boo boo and kiss it.
You can't help it...it's in your genetic make up.lol
Trusted me, I've dated nurses. I thought i was speacial
until the following week when she brought a wounded kitty home.
Then I next week she brought a lost puppy home.lol
**** puppy... got to sleep in her bed instead of me,
so I took him for a walk and lost his ass.:shy:

grab her hand or her shoulders, swing her around and say "oookay back to me" and launch into a previous or new topic.

if im with a girl i like, and shes flirting with me, i am NOT going to let her get away. this is a situation where you must show you're the leader and wont back down from intimidation from other males.

breakthecycle said:
I wouldn´t have the guts to talk too her, in the first place.

Heh, me neither, probably.

There is some good advice in this thread, but I still think I would just leave or walk away, especially if the three guys were macho manly men and menacing. I'm against aggression and hostility, and don't see why everything should always be a competition. I'd prefer to be mellow and relaxed than in an aggressive verbal and metal standoff with some other guys.

I'd leave for a bit and come back later, I'm not good at socializing, it's hard enough to keep a conversation going, it'd be really strange and hard for me when 3 other dudes joins in, and I don't want to just keep standing around fighting for attention.

Well if she's gone later, then I guess that's the end of that :D Yea I'm a loser!

Oddly enough, if I'm not romantically interested, I'll stay and chat. If I am romantically interested, that's about the point I get intimidated and leave.

I would use that as an excuse to get her phone number quickly (tell her you have somewhere to be, not that you are intimidated lol). You can get out of there before the convo gets boring.

I dont think i d would have been able to talk to her in the first place, but if i had, i dont think i would be strong enough to hang with them, id walk away

Latest posts

Back