If You Could Live in That Moment Forever.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- Single without family responsibility:

- In childhood, the day I got a pinball machine or an atari - wore it out for christmas.
- In high school, our senior prom party with about 75 people.
- In undergraduate school before joining a fraternity, my first block party with 10,000+ people – we were rated the number one party school for a reason. :)
- In undergraduate school after joining a fraternity, my first fraternity homecoming week. I will never forget getting up around 7am on a Sunday and started partying with about 50 fraternity brothers. Around 11am, about 110 sorority girls come into our frat house with trays upon trays upon trays of chicken. (If you ever been to away from home to attend college, you know good food is worth more then gold.) There was a 2:1 ratio of women to men for an entire week of partying. Like the other fraternities, we were supposed to make a real float for Saturday. Instead, we rented a huge trailer, put chicken wire around it, and filled it full of empty beer kegs.
- In graduate school, I drove from south of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Big Sandy, Texas for a week (since I was considering attending a seminary school at the time & meet some friends), and then to Houston, Texas to meet some more friends. It was the first time that I took a major road trip by myself and extremely peaceful. (****, I should have gotten the "411" for the girl I met at the rest stop since we were traveling to the same destination for about 700 miles of the trip.)
- Professionally, my first business trip in 91’.

- Married:

- The day my daughter was born. When she was first born, no one could get her to stop crying except for me that started an awesome daughter and father relationship.

- The day my divorce papers came in the mail in the mid-90s. (Until my divorce papers came in the mail, I would NOT even hold hands with my gf for several months – I met her after kicking my ex-wife out, btw.)

- After Hell – I Mean After Marriage - Year 2000:

- Professionally I went on about 20 different business trips to at least 15 different states on east coast, the south, the mid-west, and the west coast.

- Personally, I traveled to Canada for a weeklong fishing trip, Florida, Kansas, France, Ukraine, Germany, and more or less the UK. (UK was by default due to a potential bomb on the plane in which there was not one.)

- (I missed my daughter a lot that year.)

- Metaphysically:

- December 2009: first experience working with feminine energies due to “an appearance.” It was powerful enough that I tossed around 40 years of christianity out the window.

- May 2011: the strange feeling of being cognitive in the physical and spiritual realms at the same time and felt the calming effect of being kissed on the forehead by the Goddess in a gentle and loving manner.

- (I always thought metaphysics were bunk until my experiences started again in 2009 and the confirmation of a remote viewing experience in 2011 that was correct from 325 miles away from somewhere in the south that I did NOT even knew existed previously. Though ironically; and if anyone has an explanation, I see the images inverted like looking through a mirror and can only do it with people that my energies are starting to harmonize with.)

^^^I would live any those days over again.

Edit: For all of those experiences above, I was in a lonely bed that night :( (except for the day i got my divorce papers).

Bones.. these "appearances" you're talking about.. would you perhaps care to elaborate on those? I'm rather interested in hearing the story behind that. (you could do it per PM if you want to )

Frolicking in the woods when I was seven years old, believing in wizards, trolls and magic.

Haha woods, where I live there is no such thing as woods. I would like to see woods though.

condemnedsoul666 said:
Equinox said:
Frolicking in the woods when I was seven years old, believing in wizards, trolls and magic.

I still do that :cool:

Occasionally, I do too. Back then, however, I did it all day, every day. My busy, boring grown-up life doesn't allow that anymore. Also, I've lost my faith in the magic. *sigh*

PM sent.

Vagrant Legacy said:
Bones.. these "appearances" you're talking about.. would you perhaps care to elaborate on those? I'm rather interested in hearing the story behind that. (you could do it per PM if you want to )

The first time I ever fell in love and thought I was loved back... Back before I ever had my heart broken. Or maybe the last time I actually believed my mother was the best mommy ever.

Callie said:
I don't really have a moment, but I think this thread should be brought back.

I agree, my moment is still about to happen :D

also, callie, I missed you (cry)

I know this is silly, but I think it would be a time during one summer at my parent's condo in Panama City, FL. I was 14 and had never kissed a girl. I wound up meeting and hanging out with this guy and his sister, but it wound up being that I wanted to see his sister. We were alone one night and walking along the beach talking and playing in the water. I took her hand to help her up when she stumbled into the water during our horseplay and she didn't let go. We just sort of looked at each other and it was one of those moments when time stands still....almost like you could see a hummingbirds wings flapping in slow motion. We kissed (the first for both of us) and it was probably the most perfect moment I could imagine. Even though we had never kissed anyone romantically before, that kiss still rates as one of my top kisses of all time.

The first time I got to hold my first daughter for the first few seconds before absolute terror set in. hahah It was pure joy and wonder that this was a new person.

Then when I held my second daughter, there was no terror because I knew I could be a great and capable mother. The joy was different than with my first child; this joy included the anticipation of what was to come, remembering the early years of my first baby. The joy also included great relief that there could be new life after devastating loss.

Arriving at my gran's farm in Snowdonia as a kid on the first day of the summer holiday's and knowing I had nothing but mountains and waterfall's to keep me company for 6 weeks. Just me and my sister and maybe a cousin or two the only kids for miles around, fishing for trout and getting lost up the mountains all summer making forts in the hay barn, chasing sheep dogs, avoiding the occasional angry bull! I take my boys there occasionally camping, they love it too.

When I first started to travel one of my earliest destinations was a small farming town in rural Japan. I arrived early in the morning and due to jet lag and fatigue soon went to sleep in the family home I was staying at. I woke up later on just as the setting sun was painting the sky a deep and vivid orange, I stood at my open window, feeling the hot and humid air blow over my face as I looked at the rice paddies, the farmhouses, the forests and the mountains they sat on. It was a completely foreign landscape and for the first time in my life I knew that I was far out of my depth.

I was scared, nervous and completely alone...and I loved it. I knew that anything was possible, this was a whole new world for me to explore and there for the taking, I so wish that I still held that confidence.

flwo6b.jpg

LonelyInAtl said:
I know this is silly, but I think it would be a time during one summer at my parent's condo in Panama City, FL. I was 14 and had never kissed a girl. I wound up meeting and hanging out with this guy and his sister, but it wound up being that I wanted to see his sister. We were alone one night and walking along the beach talking and playing in the water. I took her hand to help her up when she stumbled into the water during our horseplay and she didn't let go. We just sort of looked at each other and it was one of those moments when time stands still....almost like you could see a hummingbirds wings flapping in slow motion. We kissed (the first for both of us) and it was probably the most perfect moment I could imagine. Even though we had never kissed anyone romantically before, that kiss still rates as one of my top kisses of all time.

wow, such a good memory to have. It makes me a bit sad I never had memories such as you mentioned. But also happy to think that those moments do exist in real life :)

Latest posts

Back