If You Could Live in That Moment Forever.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last year as an undergraduate. The 'friends', the potential, the ambition, the education.. I had fun then.

My kindergarten years. My parents both worked and I went to my babysitter's house. Coincidentally, my babysitter were neighbors with my cousin's babysitters. Can you imagine how much fun the 3 of us had? My cousins and I played after school all the time. There was a traditional "wet market" next to a hilly slope. The store nearest to the slope sold Chinese incense that apparently warded away ghosts. I remember stealing cardboxes from the store to ride down the hill. There was a bird that always went cukoo cukoo at noon. We spent the whole afternoon playing and after that our babysitters will buy as fresh slices of honeydew on our way home. The markets was always bustling, dirty, and full of distinct smells and fresh food like fishes, herbs & spices and durian. Eventually, the market became a relic of the past and was tore down - replaced by modern supermarkets with air conditioning, but none of the distinct flavour or history that a wet market had. Then I went to elementary school, and that was when my troubles began. How I wish I could freeze my time in Kindergarten forever...no troubles, just carefree

Getting paid and getting laid. Getting paid and getting laid. Getting paid and getting laid.
Getting paid and getting laid. Getting paid and getting laid. Getting paid and getting laid.

I could relive the past 5 months again, but I know it will never really be the same.

When I finally get in bed and lay my head down. The cats near me and I feel calm. I wish I could have that feeling always.

Back in the 1970's there was a piece of music (piano) called "Born Free" that was popular on the radio and everyone was familiar with it.  I played piano on our old out of tune nasty spinet and I learned to play that piece.  I practiced it till I knew it by heart but it never really sounded that great.  I hung out with a lot of kids who were good musicians and had never even mentioned that I played piano because I knew I was just a hack.  One day I was with several of them at one of their homes.  They had a very nice upright grand piano.  I sat down just to noodle a bit and realized that this piano was WAY different from mine at home.  I began to play Born Free and didn't miss a key or a beat.  As the last echo drifted away I noticed everyone's eyes were wide with disbelief.  One friend said, "You never told us you could play like that!"  It was one of the best feelings in my life!  I would not want to live that moment forever, but living a few more like it would be nice.

Latest posts

Back