Is anyone else obsessed with the Underworld (movies) mythology?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
I absolutely love these movies. The series is within my top 5 favorites. Kate is gorgeous as well as Rhona Mitra and Zita Gorog. I'm sure the ladies out there like the male cast as well.

I liked the first two, but haven't seen the third yet. I assume you'd recommend it, so I won't ask. Kate is stunning! I'm not sure what you mean by it's mythology. When I saw the first movie I was a little disappointed that they placed the genesis of the vampires and lycans so late in history. But I loved the way it wavered between being about the civilised vampires defending themselves against the rabid, bestial lycans; a class struggle between oppressive masters and their slaves; and a civil war between creatures descended from the same family. And I love it's style!

Well by it's mythology I mean the whole lore and story behind it as well as theories about possible future installments, discussion about why some are more powerful than others etc. I'm a huge underworld nerd. I'm looking for someone to discuss it with extensively.

ooh yesh i am fairly big fan of underworld I've seen all of them

the 1st and 3rd are my favs

and yesh Kate is stunning

and such a bad ass which makes her so much cooler

:D

I've only watched the first movie, and i loved it.

And Kate Beckinsale is more than just "stunning", she's STUNNING!!! :D

Oh sweet! I had a good idea for the 4th movie following Kate and Scott Speedman after Evolution. We pan back to Tannis' place of exile and see his eyes turn black moments after Marcus leaves the place. So Tannis turns into a vampire-dominant hybrid. He then goes and forms his own army of hybrids by biting them, establishing a huge army behind him. Kate and Scott meet the old Lycan clan that was left after Lucian died and they side with them. Kate makes them all lycan-dominant hybrids to form an army of their own.

Although Tannis would have to get a hold of some blood from Kate somehow or from her possible child to increase his own power to be able to take out kate even though he's a hybrid.

I really liked the first one.. the rest were pretty good too. Gonna watch the Rise of the Lycans later today since I havent seen it yet! They make vampires look so good!

I recently went to the store and bought the 1st and 2nd one in one package for I can't remember how much. But it makes me mad because I just went to the store again and they had a 3 pack of all 3 movies for less cost!!

I wish I was vampire and that Kate Beckinsale would bit me....

Underworld is pretty good.

Jesse said:
I recently went to the store and bought the 1st and 2nd one in one package for I can't remember how much. But it makes me mad because I just went to the store again and they had a 3 pack of all 3 movies for less cost!!

Lol, the same happened with the 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' boxsets. So now i have the 5 disc, 6 disc, 7 disc, and the imported 8 disc boxsets. Plus i have the two disc special edition of the first movie :D

Aw dang that sucks man! Do you want there to be another Underworld movie?

Jesse said:

I do. I love those movies! Though I kind of doubt they'll get Kate into another one unless the director of the first two signs on again (they're married. The *******).

I've just seen the third. It was action packed. I can't say I was drawn into the plot, but then I sort of knew what happened. But it was good fun.

I rented all three movies from Netflix, and I did enjoy them quite a bit. I actually thought the prequel was the best one in the trilogy. Any word on development of the next movie?

Spare said:
Jesse said:

I do. I love those movies! Though I kind of doubt they'll get Kate into another one unless the director of the first two signs on again (they're married. The *******).

Haha yes, that dude, for some odd reason don't remember his name right now, is definately one lucky *******. Kate Beckinsale is my dream girl. Whew! man!

Nyktimos said:
I've just seen the third. It was action packed. I can't say I was drawn into the plot, but then I sort of knew what happened. But it was good fun.

I did enjoy the third one. I'd say if Kate had been in it, it'd have been my favorite of the series.

jjam said:
I rented all three movies from Netflix, and I did enjoy them quite a bit. I actually thought the prequel was the best one in the trilogy. Any word on development of the next movie?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out minutes ago that a 4th one is confirmed. It will be a sequel to the second movie and pick up where it left off with Selene and Michael. Kate will reprise her role!!!!!!! ^_^ Like this just made my year. Seriously, probably the most exciting thing that's happened for me in 2009. :p

Although, I don't see how they're gonna come up with any kind of plot that isn't stupid. The first three are pretty much complete. The only reason they're doing this one is because of money and so I'm afraid of seeing the series decline now, but still, I'm a huge fan of Kate and Underworld so I'm super stoked anyway.

Jesse said:
Although, I don't see how they're gonna come up with any kind of plot that isn't stupid. The first three are pretty much complete. The only reason they're doing this one is because of money and so I'm afraid of seeing the series decline now, but still, I'm a huge fan of Kate and Underworld so I'm super stoked anyway.

That's easy...She's been a night owl . She hasn't seen daylight yet.
Now that she's a day walker..that pretty much leaves things
wide open to the imagination.
Such as there's breeds of day walkers before her..

Saleen and michael had sex....you can easier jump a storyline
into the future of thier child.

Lonesome Crow said:
Jesse said:

That's easy...She's been a night owl . She hasn't seen daylight yet.
Now that she's a day walker..that pretty much leaves things
wide open to the imagination.
Such as there's breeds of day walkers before her..

Saleen and michael had sex....you can easier jump a storyline
into the future of thier child.

Well yeah true, but all the cool villains are dead. Viktor practically IS underworld.

Jesse said:
Well yeah true, but all the cool villains are dead. Viktor practically IS underworld.

I think you've gotta have a little faith. The second movie went in directions I wasn't expecting. But you're right; good villains are important in movies like this. As long as they keep it moving and keep the surprises coming, I'll be happy.

Nyktimos said:
Jesse said:

I think you've gotta have a little faith. The second movie went in directions I wasn't expecting. But you're right; good villains are important in movies like this. As long as they keep it moving and keep the surprises coming, I'll be happy.

Idk man, they are saying it's gonna be a new trilogy and I can see so many possibilities, I just hope they don't mess it up.

Latest posts

Back