Is it possible to self talk yourself into being positive?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's why I know I just can't care. For the longest time, I was the only girl. And she was my only aunt. Well, my dad supposedly had a sister, but I never knew her. My mom still thinks my dad's mom was lying about her. Anyway, my mom's sister was the only aunt I knew. Being the only girl around, for years, I thought we had this awesome bond. I was the niece she could be girly with. When she had her girls, it was even more fun. But it's certain ways she would do me, that as I became older, I realized she wanted nothing to do with anyone but her own little family. I was just left standing, like goddamn, what did I ever do to her?

I can't dwell on it though. There's no point in having negative thoughts about it. It is what it is, and she is who she is. I could be sad about it, and for a while I was, but it wouldn't change much of anything. I just tried to learn from it, dealing with it the best I knew how.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I hear about this all the time, about how people have changed their whole lives by self talking themselves into believing in themselves.

Do you personally believe that anybody can do this?

Like, if someone is a bully victim, a rape victim, a child molestation victim, or some other kind of victim, can they talk themselves out of feeling hurt? Or does it go deeper than that? Is the mind changeable?

I think it depends on if you listen to yourself. I'm not sure you could just tell yourself you're not hurting from the above but it might well help if you phrase it in the right way. Maybe instead of "I'm over being raped, I'm fine now" trying "It's in the past, I'm trying to leave it there" would work better?

I know it's not the same league but I've managed on several occasions to talk myself into not needing a wee so much when I can't go

It's possible but you have to keep striving to move forward, no matter what happens in your life. Life is a journey. Some people walk through the sunny meadow of good fortune while others walk through the treacherous valley of darkness and despair. When your journey is tough, keep pushing forward and don't look back. I've found that the more you do this, the easier it becomes.

Focus on what you want in life and don't lose sight of it. That is what has helped me be more positive and optimistic about things :)

I try to look at things objectively, I think that worked for me, I used to get bullied, and my father beat me as a child, but that doesnt affect me now. I just try to rationalize the feelings I dont like and they disappear.

Latest posts

Back