Is loyality DEAD??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
And I mean loyality not only in couples, but in life in general.

People breaking promises and compromises, acting selfish, only thinking about themselves in their little bubble where everything is about them and nothing else matters.

Everyone gives a honeysuckle, no one cares, if you care about something you are not cool, if you expect compromise you are annoying...

I'm sorry, I'm a bit upset now... but I'm corious, anyone esles feels/has ever felt this way?

Maybe I'm too old fashion. Maybe I shouldn't expect anything from anyone anymore...

I just don't get how some ppl can live with themselves acting like total ********...

I'm with you. Sometimes I wonder if humanity is dead, or dying.

That being said, there are still a lot of good people out there.

No, it's not completely dead. Don't give up hope. Although, I know how you feel when it comes to dealing with people who just want to see their side of the story.

I agree with them. I know a lot of ********, but I know a few actually genuine people too.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm with you. Sometimes I wonder if humanity is dead, or dying.

That being said, there are still a lot of good people out there.

Yes, I know, I just wiish I got to meet them...

VanillaCreme said:
No, it's not completely dead. Don't give up hope. Although, I know how you feel when it comes to dealing with people who just want to see their side of the story.

That's what bothers me the most, some people don't respect your loyality and the fact that you've done things for them in the past and I'm like wtf show some respect!

I won't give up hope... but it's hard. At least in the places I've been, the rules seem like that, like everyone agrees with it. Perhaps I'm in the wrong places and I need to find more reliable people...

Surely you know some good people in your life, Felix.

And everyone has their own struggles. Even the ones who seem to have it all together.

I know what you mean. It's thinking of that which made me grow cynical views towards people. As it's been stated though, good people do exist... They just seem to be not-so-easy to find (I've met more outright arseholes or unloyal ones, really), but that, perhaps, is what makes those good people so precious, as well. Yet the time it takes "in between", before you unite with that refreshing someone can really, really--pardon the bluntness--suck.

Each human is an individual, which means that someone--like you--does not prefer to follow the same "rules" that you noted. You're certainly not alone in feeling this way.

It can be incredibly frustrating. It still frustrates me, too, makes me want to deroot a tree and throw it at the moon, honestly. But keep clinging onto that hope you have. It won't betray you, and I'm willing to believe that you'll be surprised at who you meet down the road.

No, it is rare, but it can be found in some people. Such people are gems to come across...

Its not dead, at least not in me, and there has to be others, theyre not easy to find but theyre out there

There are groups where loyalty thrives, and their called terrorists. Anyone such as "Suicide Bombers" willing to give their life for their
beliefs and cause are a sad and scary bunch. You can kill terrorists, but not the idea of terrorism. Those pricks are as thick as thieves and are more than willing to sacrifice themselves out of loyalty and beliefs they hold so dear to their hearts.

I can't believe I left out the military. Those courageous souls also give their lives for us and our of loyalty to their country and their superiors. I don't think that loyalty will ever completely disappear, it just fluctuates among different people and different parts of the world.

Oh, believe me I know how loyal the military is. I have a best friend who is the head of his division, and he's my age!

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Oh, believe me I know how loyal the military is. I have a best friend who is the head of his division, and he's my age!
Holy honeysuckle. He must be some driven. I'd probably collapse and be hospitalized from the push-ups in "Boot Camp".

i don't think that loyalty is dead as much as it is lazy and bi-polar. i don't have a whole lot of friends, but the ones that i do count as my friends are like this sometimes. sometimes they're more than willing to help me and hear me out and the like, and other times it's like "sorry, i don't have time for you today". i'm like this too. sometimes i'm very friendly and open with all my relationships, and other times i'm too selfish to really care about anyone else. sometimes i feel very grateful that i actually have friends, and other times i feel so lonely and helpless. it's a crazy world that we live in, but i'm glad that my friends and acquaintances always welcome me with open arms every time that i get back on my feet.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that you should'nt lose hope. we all get like this and feel like crap here and there, but it always gets better, even if only a little bit and for a little while.

LoneKiller said:
I can't believe I left out the military. Those courageous souls also give their lives for us and our of loyalty to their country and their superiors. I don't think that loyalty will ever completely disappear, it just fluctuates among different people and different parts of the world.

I couldn't disagree more... this will be a bit off topic here but since it's my topic I feel now I got to give my opinion.

Your vision of a solider is way too romantic and naive.

A solider, today, specially in your country, is a human being reduced to a tool of the system. He donates his mind and body to the military complex, in order to acomplish missions he doesn't understand for the benefit of the so called %1, "the elite"...

In this condition, they commit to do whatever it takes to achieve their missions, killing civilians, innocents, children... All for the good of the few... For resources, for economic and political dominance.

How could I respect someone who is willing to do all of this things, or who even supports a group of persons who do those things?

They go not alway thinking about the good they'll do to the country, that's just plain naive. They go because they have nothing better to do with their lives, becose of the money, becose they are self destructive, because they are socipaths or psycopaths who enjoy the idea of killing, beating, raping... Feeling like a tuff "macho", a cool bad-ass dude with weapons and neat gear. Those are the real reasons. And they often don't care at all about the real motives of the war. They follow blindly, like the military is their God. They rarley question the motives. Like a religion.

Ironically, some of them are christians, willing to kill... That's a demonstration of how important, how mind-consuming the militay is: it's placed even higher than the christian God.

Open your eyes, these people are willing to kill... 1 out of 3 women gets raped in the army. They rape their own women, even the weaker boys...
Imagine what it must be there, in other countrys, the things they'd do to the enemy. They use children from Afghanistan to sexual traffic **** it! just to name something.

Make no mistake, war isn't about pride, loyalty, dignity or freedom anymore.

It's one of the most degrading acts of mankind and it should be condemmed.

Soliders are just poor people brainwashed by the system.

Felix said:
VanillaCreme said:

That's what bothers me the most, some people don't respect your loyality and the fact that you've done things for them in the past and I'm like wtf show some respect!

I've done for people in my life. Put them and their needs over my own. But I don't hold that against anyone. I'm not the one to hold a grudge if someone doesn't do for me, whether I've done for them or not, simply because I don't want to waste any of my time or energy on people who have shown they just don't care. Sure, it hurts me for a bit, but it's not worth the bother most of the time.

And people have done for me, when they didn't have to. And I appreciate them more than they could know. I only hope they don't hold it against me if I can't return the favor, although I try. And I take care of those who have cared for me, so one day I hope to show my appreciation to them.

Latest posts

Back