I've finally become comfortable with my smile!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robberrt

Reaction score
For my entire life (up until a few weeks ago), I've always been really self conscious about my smile. I've always had this feeling that my smile was weird, and I would rarely smile in front of people because of that fear.

What caused me to become more confident/comfortable with my smile, is an iPhone/android app called 'Snapchat'. It's basically an app where people communicate by smiling for the camera, taking photos of themselves, and adding text to it. Many of my friends have been using it so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and see what all the hype was about. I rarely take photos of myself smiling, but after using the app to talk regularly to some of my friends...I'm not scared to smile anymore (even in public) since I've been doing it so often!! People have recently told me how I have a nice smile, and overall I've just felt better about myself :)

That's good to hear! I forget to smile at people because I'm always lost in my own thoughts.

I'm glad you're feeling better about your smile. And I can understand why it would be hard for you. It's hard enough for me just to take a picture of myself or even having getting my picture taken for that matter.

So that's a great thing that you did that for yourself! =)

I'm the same. I'll have my picture taken but I might not smile and most of my face will be covered by sunglasses, generally.

9d0b770e-79cd-4900-8781-4486331a9df6_zps8d8307bc.jpg

I can relate. My smile is crooked so I'm self conscious. Awesome that you like yours now!

I've been told I never smile and also that I have a nice smile !
Don't know what to believe ?

It's good that you was able to overcome this.

For so long I've felt uncomfortable smiling. I think it makes me look insincere, creepy and ugly, so I don't.

My default, trying-not-to-look-creepy smile is more like a squint.

This is really great. It just shows how people perceive things about themselves. I think no matter how anyone looks all smiles are great, it conveys so much and is a warming thing to see, it can be a great icebreaker
:D
:D

Latest posts

Back