job

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

am0204

Reaction score
hi

is it hard for you to get a job?
do you find that no matter what job u get, u cant seem to get along with your co-workers? always the outlaw/ loner?

if you have this problem, i would like to hear from you.

My problem is exactly that.
I cant get a job becoz i am a flat, boring, weak, useless person, and it shows..
****.. i cant even get a retail job, thats how bad it is. but not surprising as you need to be a people person.

I just want to know what others who are depressed and without a university degree are doing for a living abroad.
And if you can give some advice to me, coz time I'm running out of time.

3 months ago i took a chance to come to japan with all my savings to work (nothing else, just work!) becoz i couldn't get one back in the uk. So now i'm here in tokyo teaching english, but i suspect that i might get sacked in March coz i'm not a happy happy person, have become the outcast at the school and not being a competent teacher.
Tokyo is an expensive place to stay, if i get sacked in March i will have to leave almost immediately to cut an further losses.

So yeah, I dont think i want to contiue with teaching, its just not me. but i dont want to head back to the uk as I probably try to kill myself again.

What other work can one do in Asia other than teaching ESL without a university degree?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
My savings are going and time is running out..
I'm worried.

TO be fair, it's probably not because of you bu because the global economy is so shitty that you get canned. I have a pretty good understanding of what it's like to be the odd man out 100% of the time. You need to start by looking at life as a battle. You may be outnumbered, out manned, out gunned, and out maneuvered, but it's still a battle to the death, may as well prepare to do it all out.

I wish I could help you more with what you could do in Asia without a degree but I don't know how things work there.

Anything you can do anywhere else. Part of it depends on how well you can communicate with local people.

We had a guy in my forum that kept saying he couldn't find work. He was completely healthy. Had absolutely no reason that he couldn't work other than he wasn't willing to settle for anything that he felt was "beneath him". Meanwhile I was a 38 year old bag boy working along side high school kids here until something better opened up. Was I happy about it? Not in the least. But it was sure better than not working. There are jobs out there. You just have to be willing to accept something you may not want to do until something better comes along.

I do have to ask what made you consider going to a place as expensive to live as Tokyo to try and make money. I would have tried some place less expensive to allow me to save more.

LonelyDragon said:
Anything you can do anywhere else. Part of it depends on how well you can communicate with local people.

We had a guy in my forum that kept saying he couldn't find work. He was completely healthy. Had absolutely no reason that he couldn't work other than he wasn't willing to settle for anything that he felt was "beneath him". Meanwhile I was a 38 year old bag boy working along side high school kids here until something better opened up. Was I happy about it? Not in the least. But it was sure better than not working. There are jobs out there. You just have to be willing to accept something you may not want to do until something better comes along.

I do have to ask what made you consider going to a place as expensive to live as Tokyo to try and make money. I would have tried some place less expensive to allow me to save more.

thanks for the advice though, and i will look into other places where i can save more.

i chose tokyo for several reasons. one being i know i can get a job here. yeah living cost is expensive but the money is good. doing part time here for 5 months I would get back my set up cost and saved a years worth of saving that i would make for doing fulltime back home.

Unacceptance said:
TO be fair, it's probably not because of you bu because the global economy is so shitty that you get canned. I have a pretty good understanding of what it's like to be the odd man out 100% of the time. You need to start by looking at life as a battle. You may be outnumbered, out manned, out gunned, and out maneuvered, but it's still a battle to the death, may as well prepare to do it all out.

I wish I could help you more with what you could do in Asia without a degree but I don't know how things work there.

i wont be going back to the uk, that is the problem.

i'm willing to do most jobs out there, but i dont speak the local language so i'm limited to teaching english. To teach english most countries require you to have a degree to get a work visa.

I'm screwed coz i dont have the degree to get the visa. But I wont give up, not until I have to.

I decided to leave home to help myself. I'm not gonna go back to the problem.

NOt nessesarily.
How about applying for one of the online degrees that you can do such as open university?
Having experiance somtimes outways those who have degrees as that counts more.
Dont give up, there are aways ways and means around things and im sure you are determined to get to your goal.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Gothmother said:
Having experiance somtimes outways those who have degrees as that counts more....

That's for sure. I have a degree in Computer Graphics but have never been able to get work in the field because I need at least 2 years experience before most places would hire me. (How does that work? :club: )

Gothmother said:
NOt nessesarily.
How about applying for one of the online degrees that you can do such as open university?
Having experiance somtimes outways those who have degrees as that counts more.
Dont give up, there are aways ways and means around things and im sure you are determined to get to your goal.
Good luck and keep us posted.

good idea and thanks for the encouragement too.
getting a degree is the most easiest and most obvious way.
but i just don't think i'm the studying type. i'm more of the 'go-out-there-and-work-type'
i've tried several times to get a degree before..
try again?
when things just don't work out, you need to know when to call it quits.

LonelyDragon said:
Gothmother said:
Having experiance somtimes outways those who have degrees as that counts more....

That's for sure. I have a degree in Computer Graphics but have never been able to get work in the field because I need at least 2 years experience before most places would hire me. (How does that work? :club: )

when i was back at home job hunting. i actually found a vacancies for garbage man. i couldn't apply though they want you to have previous experience and training. lol

Am0204,

I totally feel for you an understand about not being able to get a job, I have foot issues that prevent me from working unless I wear sneakers and there just isn't jobs out there like that. A job I applied for and was qualified for I got an unacceptance letter. I haven't had a job in 6 months and it's getting to be a joke.

Like you I'm not a peoples person so I miss out on those types of jobs like call centres where your primary focus is the customer and to sell. I tried Telemarketing but it was obvious that I wasn't cut out for it and my self esteem took a huge knock whenever I was rejected, I just sat there painicking and couldn't see through the fear. So after trying 2 telemarketing jobs I quit beats getting fired and sooner or later I would have been.

As for being the loner at work I've been there it's because I didn't speak to anyone and kept quite which was just aniexty issues but I've found at several work do's that I have been left out in the cold while the others all formed themselves into groups and I've probably cried about it too. Not that I was ostracised at work I just never felt comfortable talking to people and worked in silence.

And as for killing yourself I understand that too I went through the same thing but eventually it wore off, I started to work on the issues I was having and haven't thought about that in a while so I guess I'm healed.

well...obviosly you wrote your own answers....that's why you write sometimes ya know.
Stop being so nagative then...Change.

Yeah...rejection sucks ass..it can throw you into a tail spin...that's why you stay positive
and have an endless supply of positive mind set and attitude. You're bigger than the rejections
sort of speak.

Use your brain or use your back.

well you know the old saying ?
"when one door close another one open".
well...crap, sometimes there's not a new freaken door or a new one never open.
You can wait freaken years for another door to open.lol

Here's a newer version...:p
When one door close...build a freaken new door :)

I'm trying to build a new door but somehow it doesn't exist in reality. Well the paper isn't posting that many jobs this week so will have to wait until Saturday and last week there weren't many jobs either. If I hear another "You'll get a job", comment I'm going to ram it down that persons throat. Some people just don't have listening skills and I'm guilty of that too.

Lonesome Crow said:
well...obviosly you wrote your own answers....that's why you write sometimes ya know.

Yeah...rejection sucks ass..it can throw you into a tail spin...that's why you stay positive
and have an endless supply of positive mind set and attitude. You're bigger than the rejections
sort of speak.

thanks for that.
guess i was tired before and even needed a kick up the ass to get me moving again.
will job hunt again.

am0204 said:
Lonesome Crow said:

sort of speak.

thanks for that.
guess i was tired before and even needed a kick up the ass to get me moving again.
will job hunt again.

Last summer I made $14 on cashcrate.com ; I would have also made money on paid to click sites too but I was too busy with school

Latest posts

Back