Just saying hi....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaea

Reaction score
Well, this forum looks better than most of the other ones out there. I think I'll stay and chat awhile.

As usual I'm not sure how to introduce myself, so here's some facts:

I'm an undergrad student studying English Lit and History.
I'll never understand why the sentence "I major in English Lit" gets so many smirks and turned backs.
I'm a musician (since I had to give up the bassoon I play piano and clarinet.)
I waste too much time reading novels and playing videogames.
I'm only 21 but I feel very, very old.

Vaea said:
I'll never understand why the sentence "I major in English Lit" gets so many smirks and turned backs.

It's because a lot of English Lit. majors are smartass blow-holes who think they are the intellectual elite because they can sit in a circle and talk about the deeper meanings of Frost's Good Fences.

Lol I'm not implying that you're the same...but where I live, this is generally how things turn out.

At any rate, welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing your posts. :)

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Vaea said:

It's because a lot of English Lit. majors are smartass blow-holes who think they are the intellectual elite because they can sit in a circle and talk about the deeper meanings of Frost's Good Fences.

Lol I'm not implying that you're the same...but where I live, this is generally how things turn out.

At any rate, welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing your posts. :)

----Steve

I think I'll have to agree. I'm so fed up with my classmates that I've started taking as many of my classes online as I can.

I hope I don't turn out to be like them

:club:

And thank you all for the warm welcome.

Latest posts

Back