keep meeting new girls - ending failing, no response to text, no follow up with me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
GrayAndLonesome said:
Unfortunately, due to a high presence of discriminatory mentality when it comes to online dating, or heck, any form of dating, I get no response based on my sex and my race. It's a fact.

You get no responses based on your sex?? 
So you're suggesting that women don't respond to you because you're a MAN??
Lol

No, I think he's saying the discrimination is based on the *combination* of sex and race. i.e. "Asian man" (as opposed to white man or Asian woman). Not just based on being a man.

Somnambulist said:
EveWasFramed said:
GrayAndLonesome said:
Unfortunately, due to a high presence of discriminatory mentality when it comes to online dating, or heck, any form of dating, I get no response based on my sex and my race. It's a fact.

Lol

No, I think he's saying the discrimination is based on the *combination* of sex and race. i.e. "Asian man" (as opposed to white man or Asian woman). Not just based on being a man.

I see, so he thinks because he's an Asian male that women discriminate against him. 

It's interesting that he feels personal preferences are racism, discrimination, etc. when he has said that he has personal preferences as well. 
As for his opinion of the media stacking the deck against Asian males interested in dating, I don't agree. Although it's just my personal opinion, dating sites are brutal to the majority of users. There's a higher percentage of male users, which significantly decreases a man's odds of finding someone. 
Does being a minority on a site drop the odds even more? I absolutely believe it does. But it's simply statistics - NOT racism (in my opinion). 
He has a "type" and race preference himself. He shouldn't be suggesting that his chances are diminished due to other people's "racism." Personal preference is not racism in my opinion.

EveWasFramed said:
Somnambulist said:
EveWasFramed said:
GrayAndLonesome said:

Lol

I see, so he thinks because he's an Asian male that women discriminate against him. 

It's interesting that he feels personal preferences are racism, discrimination, etc. when he has said that he has personal preferences as well. 
As for his opinion of the media stacking the deck against Asian males interested in dating, I don't agree. Although it's just my personal opinion, dating sites are brutal to the majority of users. There's a higher percentage of male users, which significantly decreases a man's odds of finding someone. 
Does being a minority on a site drop the odds even more? I absolutely believe it does. But it's simply statistics - NOT racism (in my opinion). 
He has a "type" and race preference himself. He shouldn't be suggesting that his chances are diminished due to other people's "racism." Personal preference is not racism in my opinion.

I agree with you, 100%.

I belong to a minority, myself, and one that is often stereotyped as being nerdy or geeky. But, I beat the odds, esp. in person. I know I'm hot and I strut my stuff :p

Sorry, got carried away there :D

EveWasFramed said:
I see you on the faces thread, strutting your stuff. :D
LOVE the hair! Lol

Well, thank you :D My hair is one of my features that I take most pride in maintaining and (greatly) fear losing.

(GrayAndLonesome: Sorry for hijacking your thread !)

GrayAndLonesome said:
^^ In my messages that I send out to  women on those dating sites, I greet them, I give them my name, and tell them what I do for a living, why I moved to my current area, and list some of my hobbies.

None of my messages are the boring type of messages. It's usually a medium-sized message like I've said, consisting of my name, my hometown, my job, what I like to do on my free time (hobbies), and what my future goals area.

Ugh, no, that's not a fact, that is your opinion. And frankly, it's turning into an old and tired one. 

You say none of your messages are the boring type, but if I gotta be honest with you, if all you write are the things you listed here, then I would find that a terribly boring message. I wouldn't respond to that. If all you do is list stuff about yourself (that is most likely already in your profile, or at least should be), then where is the fun in that? Where's the interest in the girl you're messaging? Where are the questions about her? The comments on something you have in common? Something fun, something witty, something clever and unique? 

Listing facts about yourself is boring. Sorry to say, but I think you might need to hear it. It's actually essential that you show interest in the person you're writing, and that you include why you chose to message HER specifically. Otherwise, it just seems like a copy-paste gig that gets sent out to just about anyone, and nobody finds that attractive. People like to feel special.

Tuathaniel said:
GrayAndLonesome said:
^^ In my messages that I send out to  women on those dating sites, I greet them, I give them my name, and tell them what I do for a living, why I moved to my current area, and list some of my hobbies.

None of my messages are the boring type of messages. It's usually a medium-sized message like I've said, consisting of my name, my hometown, my job, what I like to do on my free time (hobbies), and what my future goals area.

Ugh, no, that's not a fact, that is your opinion. And frankly, it's turning into an old and tired one. 

You say none of your messages are the boring type, but if I gotta be honest with you, if all you write are the things you listed here, then I would find that a terribly boring message. I wouldn't respond to that. If all you do is list stuff about yourself (that is most likely already in your profile, or at least should be), then where is the fun in that? Where's the interest in the girl you're messaging? Where are the questions about her? The comments on something you have in common? Something fun, something witty, something clever and unique? 

Listing facts about yourself is boring. Sorry to say, but I think you might need to hear it. It's actually essential that you show interest in the person you're writing, and that you include why you chose to message HER specifically. Otherwise, it just seems like a copy-paste gig that gets sent out to just about anyone, and nobody finds that attractive. People like to feel special.

+1

Yes, I agree with Tuathaniel. Resumes ain't interesting.

When the girl looks through the 1000 messages from different guys, you have to stand out among the crowd. You have to tell her something she could NOT have found out on her own from your profile (or that of other guys). Something that gives her a look into your personality or your soul, something that defines you as a person (and job and hobbies ain't it). You have to pique her interest.

Of course, first and foremost, you have to prove that SHE stands out to you, which means that you need to tell her why you specifically messaged her. What did you find interesting about her, specifically ? Could be something from her pictures, the way she writes, something that is unique to her.

Common interests are great, but what's even better is that one unique thing that you noticed that perhaps no other guy noticed coz they were too busy looking at her chest area and around her waist.

The goal is to create curiosity through an open ended question/comment or a point from which more conversation can originate.

As a real life example, the last girl I dated online told me that she liked that I had read The Power of Now, a spiritual book, and wanted to ask me more about it

Somnambulist said:
As a real life example, the last girl I dated online told me that she liked that I had read The Power of Now, a spiritual book, and wanted to ask me more about it

The last guy I messaged back before I gave up on the online thing (if only I'd gotten 1000 messages ... I was lucky to get one or two), was interesting to me because he commented on my love of Dragon Age (the game), which I had mentioned in my profile. In his first message, he joked about wanting to cosplay as Alistair (one of the characters from the game, who happened to be my fav), and just with that, my interest was piqued.

Tuathaniel said:
Where are the questions about her? The comments on something you have in common? Something fun, something witty, something clever and unique? 

Not to disagree with the gist of your comment, making the effort to show an interest in someone else is important. But how many ways can a people be "witty, clever and unique" before it all starts to sound like white noise from guys desperately trying to set themselves apart?

I hear this quite this a lot - women expecting men to be remarkable or different in some way as a prerequisite. Well guess what, most of us aren't, not in ways that could be communicated in a message anyway. We're just normal human beings. I think this ties into the default expectation that males should carry the interactions with women playing the part of 'judging audience'.

Tuathaniel said:
Somnambulist said:

The last guy I messaged back before I gave up on the online thing (if only I'd gotten 1000 messages ... I was lucky to get one or two), was interesting to me because he commented on my love of Dragon Age (the game), which I had mentioned in my profile. In his first message, he joked about wanting to cosplay as Alistair (one of the characters from the game, who happened to be my fav), and just with that, my interest was piqued.

Cool ! Did that guy become the boyfriend you have mentioned a few times ?

TheRealCallie said:
Somnambulist said:
TheRealCallie said:
I have never received a message/reply on a dating site.....

Aww :(

What's your profile like ?

Well, it's blank....I don't do online dating.  That might be the problem :p

Ah, ok. I thought that perhaps you had included your disclaimer in your profile ... which would scare most guys away :p

Latest posts

Back