Kids!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Factotum

Reaction score
hey do you just hate it when old cousins/friends/relatives bring their kids (below 5 years of age) to your home and they are trying to introduce the kid to you? and they say fruity things like "look at uncle wacko jacko over herE". or just fruity things and the kid looks away and everyones embarrassed. why cant they just let the kids be? kids dont want to meet everyone.

and when they're introducing the kid, you feel obliged to do something out of your normal character like wave to the kid or give it flying kiss :(

does it just suck? man, these situations just suck! they piss me off no end!

It doesn't really bother me. Almost everyone that has kids that young like to do it. I think in a way, it teaches the child social things or something like that. A lot of babies stare at others trying to figure out what or who they are looking at anyway.

Ya people do tend to force an interaction between their children and other people. Working as an early chilhood educator i have found that letting them be is the best way. Paralell interaction is best for kids under 5. Example, i would blow bubbles to get a childs attention, but did not focus on him but on the bubbles. At some point the child came closer and asked to participate. Otherwise you can scare a kid off, especialy if he has learning dissabilities or behavioral problems.

I think kids are fun. I enjoyed meeting all of my dude's little nieces and nephews.

I hate that.

I am close with my sis's kids, but other than that, not really. I don't really enjoy kids all that much.

I can say I had my fill with kids , I have 8 nephews/nises at the age of 19 and it gets akward when everyone calls me uncle and all that.

whispers said:
Ya people do tend to force an interaction between their children and other people. Working as an early chilhood educator i have found that letting them be is the best way. Paralell interaction is best for kids under 5. Example, i would blow bubbles to get a childs attention, but did not focus on him but on the bubbles. At some point the child came closer and asked to participate. Otherwise you can scare a kid off, especialy if he has learning dissabilities or behavioral problems.

I've always used an approach just as whispers has suggested. Kids natural curiosity gets the best of them and they want to participate. I enjoy getting down to their level and viewing the world- it looks so different from their perspective.

VanillaCreme said:
I think kids are fun. I enjoyed meeting all of my dude's little nieces and nephews.

:club: You also enjoyed it when Jaylen was hurling her dessert at me that day at O'Charley's.

I'd be kinda happy if I was called Auntie or whatever but I do agree that pushing interaction more than a simple hi isn't a good idea. Like... "look it's uncle bob". If the parent simply teaches the child to say hi to whoever and how are you doing..on their own time without others around..the child will know what to do. But even then..shouldnt be pressured I don't think.

Not a fan of kids at all. My best friend has two... ages 3 and 5. Girls. An hour's about all I can handle, and she knows how I am, so she's ok with it if I suddenly "have some movies to return".

I'm soooooo glad I got sterilized!!! :)

Latest posts

Back