kindness from strangers?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EveWasFramed

What is the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
Also, what is the kindest thing you've ever done for a stranger?

Lol, once I saved a girl at an Everclear concert (drunk guy stage dove, landed on her head and she got trampled) Me'n a friend pulled her out and got an ambulance, never even learned her name...

The nicest thing a stranger has done for me... Lol, a couple girls were hitting on me outide a bar once, I felt 10 feet tall after that, it did wonders for my self esteem =0)

I drove to a stranger's house and helped her get her printer working.

When I was 14, I took on a little summer job. I caught a train (alone) to Chicago, which was like a 12 hour ride. Then I caught a Grey Hound bus (alone) to Benton Harbor, Michigan. I "worked" as an aid in the infirmary at a camp site around nothing but strangers. All of them were nice to me, including the two women I slept in the infirmary with. I felt safe around total strangers, and incredibly far away from home. I was late getting back to school (10th grade then), and my long-time classmates were like "where the heck were you?". But man, what an adventure!

When I was at a museum with my class back in high school, I dropped my season ticket for the trains and busses ect (Maybe you have a good name for it in english). I got it for free from my school because of my distance to the school, but those things costs a fortune. About a week later I got a letter from the police with my ticket in it. I guess some kind stranger found it and handed it in. Wish I could've thanked him/her ^^

I can't remember any times where I've been especially kind to strangers, but I do help a lot of strangers where I work, with changing windshield wipers and lamps for their cars ect. It's not really part of our job, but we do it anyway, to offer good service, and people are usually very thankful. Sometimes they want to give me money for it, but I always refuse. A few people do insist however, and then I just take the money and put it in the closest charity-box (Not sure what you call them, you know like those Red-Cross jars you put money in). I just think it's fun to help people. Sure, some people just drive off without any thanks at all, but some people are really grateful. I remember one old man I helped with just a simple windshield wiper change. He gave me a pat on the back and he shook my hand. Doesn't sound like much, but it made me smile all day ^^

EveWasFramed said:

What a wonderful question...lol

A man once paid for my gas at a gas station. I'll always remember that.

I do all kinds of things for strangers. I don't know what the kindest thing has been. I can tell you about a good deed gone awry...lol

I was coming up a very steep mountain and saw a white car sitting on the side of the road. There wasn't anything for miles. I pulled over and it was a woman and her teenage son. She said she didn't have any oil in her car. I gave her all the oil I had and told her I would go get more.

So after getting oil and having to go past her and come back up the mountain, I saw the white car. It was almost night and I pulled off the road. I got the oil out of my car and yelled to them, "I have oil! I have the oil!"

I went towards them and yelled again, "Here's the oil. I've got it!" Then is when I noticed............................it was the wrong car with the wrong people!!!!!!

The two people turned around and looked at me like I was crazy! The guy said,"We don't need no oil, the radiator cap is busted."

So, I slithered away embarrassed as hell...lol No telling what they thought about me...lol

I think the nicest thing I have ever done is give a lady at a petrol station some money as she had left her purse at home...of course it may have been a scam but I couldn't not give her some money...what if it wasn't?

The nicest thing anyone has ever done for me is phone me, e-mail me or text me when things have been at there worst...this is the biggest support I have ever received and thank all those people that have.

davechaos said:
I think the nicest thing I have ever done is give a lady at a petrol station some money as she had left her purse at home...of course it may have been a scam but I couldn't not give her some money...what if it wasn't?

The nicest thing anyone has ever done for me is phone me, e-mail me or text me when things have been at there worst...this is the biggest support I have ever received and thank all those people that have.

(((((((((((((((Dave)))))))))))))))))) you did a wonderful thing. You are such a sweet person and caring person :)

great question Eve!!
cant remember anything with strangers but ????
coolest thing ive done would be taking my friend in when he was getting kicked out of were he was staying and he was all strung out and helped him kick his habit and stop hanging with those people.

coolest thing done to me? probably all (and i mean ALL) my buddies coming after me to help me after my ex left me and helped me move on

Hmm kindness to strangers..

I once gave some change to an old man who was buying beer and he didn't have enough money.

I payed one girl's buss ticket when she didn't have any money and it was raining a lot outside.

I once saved a kid from three bullies. He was on the ground and one of them was beating him with a stick. I went in the middle and made the bullies crap their pants with my battlecry. :) Helped the kid get back up too and made sure he got home.

Then some countless minor things like helping to pick something up, opening doors to old people etc. but not sure if they are great enough to be considered real deeds, more like basic manners. :)

Hmm kindness from strangers..

Nothing too big comes to mind :) Basic things like picking stuff up for me or giving directions when needed, opening my bottle of beer etc.

EveWasFramed said:

It is hard to say, or even know how to judge. The most helpful kindness from a stranger was very early one winter morning coming home from work. I noticed my vehicle getting too hot. I was hoping to make it home but the steam started coming and i boiled over about a mile outside of town on a road that was fairly empty at that time in the morning. I am stranded on the prairie out side of town. I figured it was about a two mile walk to my cabin. I decide to walk there to try to find help. Before long i realized how stupid of an idea that was. The wind was really blowing and it was colder then it looked. Before long the cold became painful. The few people passing down the road did see my vehicle with the steam bellowing out of it but when they got to me walking down the road they were all sure to be looking the other direction. Eventually a guy did stop to give me a ride. I asked him the temperature and he told me that the chill factor was -50. While i am sure he was on his way to work, he took the time to give me a ride home. His kindness undoubtedly saved this idiot from physical injury due to cold. I have no idea who he was but i still remember his kindness.

As far as me, again i can't say. Maybe when i got bummed out by this unemployed lady mentioning to someone about having nothing to give her kids for christmas so she was going to make them socks. I took her to the store, had her pick out stuff for the kids and i paid for it. No, she thought it was a bad dumb idea at first but i made it clear that all i was concerned about was some kids christmas and she has seen me before so she didn't have reason to suspect that i was a weirdo or something, so with the kids in mind she agreed.

one time in January it was a really cold day and i had filled up my car at the gas station and i got back in the ar, and i realized i had lost my keys!

so i'm looking around the car wondering where they could have gone, and this guy comes helps me look for them for like 20 minutes and he finds them under the passenger side seat. I was so happy i hugged him. And i felt very stupid for losing the keys under the seat.

I always look after my neighbor. She can't drive so I take her to her doctor and drive her around to do errands.

The nicest thing anybody has done for me is help me change my tire. I could not get the screws off the wheel.

The nicest thing a stranger has done for me was when I was in an airport. I was trying to buy one of those big soft pretzels but I couldn't find my money because I had packed in a rush that morning. This older man saw me rummaging for my money and ended up paying for it himself. I was so grateful; I'll never forget him.

I don't know what the nicest thing I have done for anyone but recently I gave a woman back a 20 dollar bill she had dropped walking from an ATM.

I was in my comic book store and it was near christmas time.

I took several comic books off the shelf and told the cashier to hold them for me because i'd have family members buy them for me for Christmas.

And the Cashier had to ask this gentleman in the back of the store about the order of the comics. And as I went to hand the comics to the cashier he said " its been paid by Brian" and I didnt hear him. I thought my hearing aides werent working.

I asked him "what did you say?" and he repeated " Your purchase has been paid for" keep in mind this purchase is 80 dollars.

When he handed me my comics i went to thank the man who had paid for them, saying an awkward thank you because I was so stunned.

After that I stumbled out the door forgetting protective covers for the comics I had just recieved because I was so shocked.

For hours after this incident, my brain was numb.

"How could a complete and utter stranger pay 80 dollars for my comics?? What was his motivation?"

It was similar to the shock/horror one experiances when a horrific event happens, but only in reverse in response to a wonderful act of kindness.
---------------
THe next month I went back to the shop. And I asked what the guy's name was " does he do that often ?" i inquired. And the cashier said "yes, he has a bit of money and he likes doing random philanthropic things. For instance, he likes to pay dinner for large families he sees in restaurants. It's just what he does."

THat's the kindest thing anyone has ever done for me.

Ever since that incidence, I enjoy evoking that state of shock/disbelief in others when I do something kind for them.

:)

Be nice to strangers! you never know what effect it'll have on them! :D

lmao...

I friend and i were standing in line for an all day concert.
Couple of babes had a picknic basket with goodies in it.
They invieted us to have a picknic with them.

My truck broke down on near an intersection a couple of weeks ago...late at night too.
A guy ran over and offer to help me push my truck into a parking lot.

I was sitting on a bus once on my way home to visit my parents. I decided to take
one of those road trips but didn't drive my car. I was minding my own bussiness
and a hawt babe sat next to me. We ended up spending weeks together at the beach
pretending like we are on a honey moon...i had her bags of goodies too.:p

I started woking at a car wash when I was kids...I had just moved to San Degio.
The owner...gave me a job..with good pay too..All i had to do was spray off cars
before they enter the washer...It was around the conner from a UDSU. I flirt with babes
all day long.. Imagine that... some babes ask me to help them put their car in gear...
Lmao..as if she didn't know how...she drove her car there...ffs..:p
Anyway...My boss ask me about my situations..He told me to go do security at another
car wash he was building. He said he had special high dollar tiles that needed to be secured..lmao
He paid me $300 for sitting on my ass for a couple of days. He also told me i was only allowed to work there for
only a year...and that i needed to enroll myself into school if i wanted to work there.
He was a very nice man..He wore shorts and a hawiian shirt into work to collect his money and takes off..lmao
He made a very great impression on me...He showed me that not all rich, successful millionairs were slave driving
ruthless greedy heartless pricks...

The first itme I met Jenni in person she bought me home made cupcakes.
It touched me a lot..becuase for the longest time no one went out of thier way to do anything for me.
She actaully took 1 hours of her time to do something for me..LOL..Cupcakes is Jenni's nickname.
I bascailly fell in love with her the first time I saw her..Even though I spoken to her before.
I didn't think i would ever meet her in person. The last time I spoken to Jenni before that was when
she was only a recieptionist and that she had gotten laid off of that job.

When i first got clean and sober...I was sleeping in my car during the summer.
I was really, really out of it...I had my house but I had the heebee geebees becuase I was paraniod...lmao
Anyway, I detoxed on top of a hill at a local park for a couple of weeks.
( it is not recommended that you do that..people died from detoxing off of drugs and alcohol becuase of the shock)
A guy I never met before..stayed with me to keep an eye on me. He talked to me and took me to lunch.
He took me to meetings..bascailly hung out with me so I wouldn't hang myself in the process of detoxing.lol
He bascailly saved my life.

After I was relaesed from a hospital of trying to commit suicide. I was still very dysfunctional and teeder todding
on the fence. Lori bascaily took me into her home and life.
She tried to love me back to life as best she could.
She bascailly became my wife....a wife that i wish my ex-wf was.
She did anything and everything for me. Lori was a very beautiful woman inside and out.
But I was so messed up in the head...I didn't want to live or felt like I deserve her love.
She would go swimming with me everyday. She would take me out to nature and walk with me.
She would take me dancing, make love to me and let me drive her car and she drive my car so i would
feel like I was married to her. She'd hold me and wipe the tears from my eyes.
She took me home to introduce me to her family.
She did everything in her powers that she possibly could to showed me that life was worth living.
She was just so fucken nice. I couldn't accept it. i was so afriad of being loved.
Plus I had this crazy notion that i was going to hell no matter what I did...after all i tried to killed myself.
Plus my belief at that time was that it was an ultimate sin if I get a deviorce. Then my wife finally filed
for a devioced..it was kind of messed up becuase i thought i was living in sin living with Lori.
Yet my wife and I had been seperated for 3 months already and she was being a total ***** to me...
One mintue my wife tell me she loves me and the next it was like total fucken insanity....It drove me fucken nutz.
I had this crazy obsession of not getting a deviorce no matter what..not so much that i was obsessed over my ex-wf.
I love my ex-wf very much at the sametime I fucken hated her as much I love her...
I was really, really messed up in the head..Lori tried to get me past that fucken insanity of guilt and shame Bullshit.
Sometimes I regret for leaving Lori and not recognizing how fucken sick I was.
but I'll never forget Lori...looking back at it now. Love was always there for me in front of me even though
I was so fucken blinde to it.
Lori also made a very big impression in my life...when I feel bad..bad sometimes. when it gets very dark sometimes.
If memories of Lori comes into my concious...I know someone loves me inspite of me and everything.
In other words...I know I deserved to be loved even when I don't feel it or see it. I know there's love inspite of it all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to take my two step duaghters to go feed homeless people at a local park every Sunday.
We would go to the store..purhase food. Make a brownbag lunch bag...a sandwish, a fruit and a soda.
The girls all also help me hand them out. The girls were very will behave because of that experince.
They became greatful for what they have...even though I spoil them with toys and whatever they wanted.
eventaully the girls knew I would get them what they wanted...even if they did get it right away.
They actaully stopped whining in stores and started playing with toys they already have.
The 5 year old actaully came home oneday becuase she didn't want to be around her friends that were being
mean to people. I couldn't preach it to the girls...I had to show them.
Try to defind gratitude to a 5 year old...lmao.

I gave a young couple the last of my money i had in my pocket...only $50
They were strained and looked hungery. I just told them i hope thier lives
get better and never give up. My ex-gf got mad at me...becuase we were broke.
Oh will...she lost $1200 the night before gambling our lives away.

I gave a young person my personal guitar that I had for almost 10 years.
it was the only guitar I had at that time. Not the most expensive in the world $500
I asked her want she wanted out of life and what her dreams was...
She told me want it was...I gave her my guitar so she could follow her dream.

I gave another Kid my Z28. I had 3 automobiles at that time.
He said he didn't have a ride but was looking for work...
He walked to my place of employment oneday looking for work sweating..
We didn't have any opening at that time. I told him to come get my car
and wished him good luck in his pursuit of happiness in his life.

I took in a 15 year old that i barely knew for my nieghbor's kid.
He didn't want to go home becuase he was having a lot problems with is parents and the trouble he
was getting himself into. He almost had to be sent to prison or jail.
His mom and I would keep in contacts..just to ease her worries.
He spent 3-4 months living with me. He's a millionair now.

I built a R/C flying model for one of my nieghbor's kid. it took me over a month.

I repair an R/C car for some 16 year old kid that lived around the conner from me.
He just show up at my door oneday and asked me to help him fix his toy...errrr wtf ??
He saw me playing with my R/C car...lmao
He's currently in a real racing car team...He has sponsors and travel the states to
different races. I saw him last month. He was so happy to see me and told me what he
is doing with his life. He's only 22.

Once I saw the bus coming from a mile off so I ran for it as not to miss it and I was carrying a lot of carrier bags full of art equipment. When I finally got on the bus I managed to drop all of my change all over the floor and I scrambled up waving my student card at the driver. (I can get a student discount with this card) He looked at me in a really weird way and then smiled and said "that's ok, I'll make this one a freebie" When I sat down I realised I'd got the wrong card out and had been waving my credit card at him! I think he must've thought I had some kind of disability, haha but it was still really nice of the old bloke :)

Naleena said:
I went towards them and yelled again, "Here's the oil. I've got it!" Then is when I noticed............................it was the wrong car with the wrong people!!!!!!
The two people turned around and looked at me like I was crazy! The guy said,"We don't need no oil, the radiator cap is busted."
So, I slithered away embarrassed as hell...lol No telling what they thought about me...lol

Lol
I have one as well. This happened about 10 years ago at the beginning of my stay in France. I was in one of the Paris Metro (subway) tunnel when I saw this old asian lady, maybe 60-70 yrs old, hauling a very large plastic bag on her hunched back up a long flight of stairs. Despite my very limited French, I decided to offer her some help. She didn't understand me of course (I even tried with chinese and signing!) Instead, she started to look at me suspiciously and mutter something in French which I didn't understand. I didn't want to give up so I tried to explain my intention by touching her plastic bag, at which point she started yelling at me, drawing the attention of every passerby. You would think I would have left already at this moment, but I didn't! I was so embarrassed my mind went blank. Fortunately/unfortunately, a few passerby decided to stop and ask what was going on. One of them spoke some English and helped to translate a few of my words. Five minutes later, the misunderstanding was solved or so it seemed... I personally don't think the old lady was convinced that I was not trying to rob her.

I almost dropped dead in a zoo and two guys (I remember their names- Micheal and Anthony) I don't know caught me and called for help. I am extremely grateful for that. They reminded me that there are good people in the world.

That was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. I don't remember a stranger ever doing anything else...

Except once, when I was in middle school, I was walking in the halls and this random lady gave me a very thoughtful look and said, "You don't think you're beautiful, do you?"
I shook my head, no, and she said, "You are."
That was nice.

Uhmm. I definitely know I've done things for strangers over the past.
It's just hard to remember and then choose the nicest.
So I'll pick a random one.

In my freshman year of highschool, in my gym lockeroom, while getting dressed for gym, I overheard this girl, that I see around alot, crying because her and her boyfriend broke up.
When she and her friends left, I made this letter for her, with inspirational crap, and slipped it in her locker.

Latest posts

Back