Let's See The Muscles!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh relax the (d) is a personality! ask the munt

oh then i've mistaken you with another hottie guy sorry lol

There's a few things I disagree with on that workout, for max cuts and a cooldown, cardio afterwards for 15 minutes, never stretch before a warmup. If you actually stretch you reduce muscle strength by up to a whopping 50%. A warm up should by 25-50% of max by 20-30 reps then stretch while waiting to do Max-6 rep failure for each next set. Never jerk through like I see most people do, (fast up and even faster down) alternate on weeks for slow positive, slower negative, fast positive slow negative and finally medium positive, hold midway through then finish followed by medium negative and hold then finish.

Sometimes I'll do back to back triceps followed by chest flys then back to triceps with no break if my body feels like it's not burning through energy. Also I'll go to failure on a set, wait 10 seconds and do 1 more or 2. These 2 methods aren't recommend for use all the time.

Some weeks I do max negative on 1 handed exercises like curls, use two hands to bring it up and let it down as slow as possible while maintaining perfect form. If you have to sacrifice form on the last rep then don't finish it.

I do realize different things work for different people, mine for me gets my pump up to ridiculous. I walk in and feed off the nervous energy so my blood is already flowing without a prewarm up cardio session and I burn through my glycogen by always aiming for a new max so I can't afford to cardio beforehand.

Can't wait to see your progress and remember not to overwork your body, I'm also getting back on the hardcore boat so I'll have better pics in a couple months to share.

alonewanderer said:
There's a few things I disagree with on that workout, for max cuts and a cooldown, cardio afterwards for 15 minutes, never stretch before a warmup. If you actually stretch you reduce muscle strength by up to a whopping 50%. A warm up should by 25-50% of max by 20-30 reps then stretch while waiting to do Max-6 rep failure for each next set. Never jerk through like I see most people do, (fast up and even faster down) alternate on weeks for slow positive, slower negative, fast positive slow negative and finally medium positive, hold midway through then finish followed by medium negative and hold then finish.

Sometimes I'll do back to back triceps followed by chest flys then back to triceps with no break if my body feels like it's not burning through energy. Also I'll go to failure on a set, wait 10 seconds and do 1 more or 2. These 2 methods aren't recommend for use all the time.

Some weeks I do max negative on 1 handed exercises like curls, use two hands to bring it up and let it down as slow as possible while maintaining perfect form. If you have to sacrifice form on the last rep then don't finish it.

I do realize different things work for different people, mine for me gets my pump up to ridiculous. I walk in and feed off the nervous energy so my blood is already flowing without a prewarm up cardio session and I burn through my glycogen by always aiming for a new max so I can't afford to cardio beforehand.

Can't wait to see your progress and remember not to overwork your body, I'm also getting back on the hardcore boat so I'll have better pics in a couple months to share.

Wow! Thanks for all the advice man, it's really helpful. I have changed that workout in some ways to incorporate better exercises either because of them being better, or because I don't access to certain equipment. Plus I do my abs every 2nd day as thats what i'm concentrating on right now. I go out for a jog 3-4 times a week for my cardio, probably running for about 30-45 mins on roads, so far so good anyway.

I might have to delay showing my progress for a little longer as I have exams coming up over the next month so I need to prioritise revising for those unfortuntely :( Got higher english tommorow...

But thanks again man for all the advice, hope your still getting good results from your workout plan :)

And come on people we havn't had any more pics for a while!
Don't be shy :) We don't bite.. :D

Lonesome Crow said:
Heres our duaghter...she's built like her mom. I don't belive she works out or need to at the moment. My gf and I both come from
family thats skinny.
kimberly_kato.jpg

O_O

*Picks up lower jaw from the floor...

Lonesome Crow said:
I was working at a place that required some heavy lifting, so I firmed
up naturally.but it didn't help my abs...so I just do those 5 mins abs excersize from youtube. I'll also go for bike rides to tone up my legs and stamina.
Yeh, it's amazing what 5 minutes a day can do. 5 minutes a day for crunches toned my stomach considerably...

If you think about it you can't target abs but you can make them bigger, sort of a drawback on doing abdominals. Doing sit ups and crunches while aiming for a six pack is a lesson in futility and a bigger waist.

"Well what do I do for a nicer midsection?"

Cardio and workout everything on your body while maintaining strict diet, the only way is to drop bf%. Oh also genetics plays a major role especially on the Adonis belt making an appearance.

alonewanderer said:
If you think about it you can't target abs but you can make them bigger, sort of a drawback on doing abdominals. Doing sit ups and crunches while aiming for a six pack is a lesson in futility and a bigger waist.

"Well what do I do for a nicer midsection?"

Cardio and workout everything on your body while maintaining strict diet, the only way is to drop bf%. Oh also genetics plays a major role especially on the Adonis belt making an appearance.

I'm told I have really well developed abs and that they are naturally big, it's just my BF% makes them have poor definition. I think my BF% is 13%-14%. I guess I'll have to force myself to do more cardio :/
I think I'll start morning runs in the summer holidays.

Any one here having an issues with putting on size? Ive been working out for about a year and a half, with some pretty good progress, but Its really hard for me to actually put on weight. Ive got kind of a bruce lee like look to me, but i was hoping to go bigger by the end of the year.

a gallon of milk per day plus 11,350 calories of peanut butter per day ($6.79 for each tub of pb) will get you big

Six months from now I may or may not be posting a pic of my Insanity-P90X hybrid results. :eek:

****, and you're insecure about your appearance? The boys were right, you do look like Duke Nukem. :p

I had to look up Duke Nukem to see what they were talking about. I haven't played that game in years.

Latest posts

Back