Let's See The Muscles!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneKiller said:
Nice to meet you Iceman.:)

It takes much dedication to achieve the results you have. Lookin' good!

Nice to meet you too LoneKiller. Thanks for the compliment.

Iceman1978 said:
I've actually found that working out helps me feel better, even on days when I wake up feeling bad about myself.

If you feel bad about yourself, just know that I think veeeerry well of you. Very well indeed. *cough*
moar pics plz. like, daily updates? :p

Sarah_Lbnz said:
Iceman1978 said:
I've actually found that working out helps me feel better, even on days when I wake up feeling bad about myself.

If you feel bad about yourself, just know that I think veeeerry well of you. Very well indeed. *cough*
moar pics plz. like, daily updates? :p

I must agree. He is sexy, need new pix now. :p

There are some pretty buff looking guys in here, congratulations!

I don't usually go in for the macho stuff but I might join this thread someday soon, I've always been tall and skinny but started eating a lot more and working out a while ago and I'm amazed at the results already. It would be cool to get some advice from some of you guys though, you've done well.

Runciter said:
There are some pretty buff looking guys in here, congratulations!

I don't usually go in for the macho stuff but I might join this thread someday soon, I've always been tall and skinny but started eating a lot more and working out a while ago and I'm amazed at the results already. It would be cool to get some advice from some of you guys though, you've done well.

Do you take any supplements?

Iceman1978 said:
Do you take any supplements?

Not yet.

So far I've just increased my caloric intake ridiculously (I have a very fast metabolism), I'm concentrating on decent, protein rich foods, good fats and some good carbs. I'm eating about 3600+ calories a day.

I've not started any weight training yet. Other than my legs (from cycling) I don't have much strength. All my exercise comes from pushups, pull-ups (still hard for me), sit-ups, squats and dips. I've been making a lot of progress so far, I'm able to do more reps of each, I try to push until I fail and am still seeing gains all over. Once I feel a bit happier with my strength I'm thinking about getting some equipment for home, the gyms near me are a little too far away and I don't drive.

I haven't really looked into supplements yet, mostly because I'm happy with my my progress but I have no objections to them and I'm happy to take any advice.

I should point out that I'm 6'4", but I haven't weighed myself for a while I'm afraid. I don't really want a massive physique, I just want some definition to my body. I'm happy being slim, I'd just rather a little more meat on my bones. Especially my chest/shoulders/back, these are my weak points.

More than what you asked for, I know, but any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

Miss a few days, and some good threads apparently.

I didn't know we had a "Let's See the Beefcakes" thread. ;)

Tickets to the gun show?
b64kcj.jpg

Some great physiques in this thread, very inspiring :)
I think when I have leaned out some I will have to post some pics (well maybe :) ).

I find exercising helps reduce my depression and low energy as well, although for a while I have not been exercising much and eating a lot of bad foods, so recently I decided to force myself to do 30mins a day on my elliptical trainer no matter how tired i felt and after a while my energy levels started rising and just started weightlifting again.
Also trying to eat a little better but when stressed i tend to eat too much, i think with some good dieting and regular exercise in a year or so i could get nice and lean.

Btw Iceman you look great it must have took some serious hard work to look like that, i would kill to have that low bodyfat, i have been weightlifting on and off for years and keep getting stronger but mostly the muscle definition is hidden by too much fat lol.

Iceman1978 said:
LoneKiller said:
Nice to meet you Iceman.:)

It takes much dedication to achieve the results you have. Lookin' good!

Nice to meet you too LoneKiller. Thanks for the compliment.
Speaking of muscles. Do you enjoy watching World's Strongest Man competitions?

Iceman1978 said:
I've never watched those.
They're awesome! Below is a video of my favorite strongman of all-time. Bill Kazmaier. In case you are curious, Kaz admitted to taking steroids once in his life. Way before he ever competed. Tests are given to all competitors for steroids today.

[youtube]gCm0uCTZMVE[/youtube]

Iceman1978 said:
Hmmm. Yeah, I don't think I can compete with that.
I'm not sure that you need to. I don't know a ton about weightlifting but aren't powerlifters supposed to be the big mass power without cut, whereas people like Schwarzenegger go more for cut than mass? Have I got it right?

Below is his workout routine. Can't recall how long ago though. I've never even heard of some of these exercises.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/bill-kazmaier-training-routine/

I'm not sure that women really want the bodybuilder type though. I don't like that look in women. I don't think it looks feminine.

Iceman1978 said:
I'm not sure that women really want the bodybuilder type though. I don't like that look in women. I don't think it looks feminine.
Yeah. I'm with you on that one. Personally, a muscular woman is a huge turnoff to me.

Plus you have to wonder what they're going to look like as they get older, men and women.

Iceman1978 said:
Plus you have to wonder what they're going to look like as they get older, men and women.
That's true. But if you are in love appearance doesn't really matter to some. I think that's why many who lift make it a lifelong routine. A lifestyle if you will.

Latest posts

Back